Taurus Firearm Forum banner

My first OWB holster

2K views 22 replies 17 participants last post by  Jlandis003 
#1 ·
All the holsters I wear are IWB. Decided to try an OWB for my compact CZ75D PCR 9mm 14+1

found one today that is made by a local part-time craftsman who donates the proceeds of sales to charity... So I felt ok paying $50 for this black leather (with eel accent)

it fits nicely and wow--- comfy at 3:00... OWB will take some getting used to... But this is a start. Wore it all day today

See less See more
#20 ·
When you look at the front of the holster, you see glossy black leather and some that's more pebbled. The pebbled leather is a panel made of eel leather. That one looks like it's both for looks and probably adds some rigidity to the holster.

#14 ·
Looks good

Sent from an undisclosed underground location by fingerless monkeys using Tapatalk

#15 ·
Check yourself on this:
When I carry OWB, I sometimes find myself holding my strong side arm and hand a bit farther away from my body than usual - even though gun and holster are concealed by an untucked shirt or jacket.
Must be some errant gunfighter gene.

#16 ·
Nicely crafted holster..

#18 ·
Nice piece of leather work. Unfortunately for me, I'm way too fat for O.W.B. Between my size and my build (pear shape), even the m605 would print and yell "Armed Citizen". Your new holster looks as though it might work under the belt. I need the belt to pull the weapon close in.

#22 ·
Good looking holster. I like the high rise back side to cover slide vs. my DeSantis OWB mini-slide and holsters. Basically a belt holster with IWB design - Again, I like it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.