Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Ugliest Handguns

10K views 66 replies 38 participants last post by  Steyr 
#1 ·
I saw an article on the top 5 ugliest handguns. I did agree with most, but had a couple that need to be added as well. What do you think is the ugliest handgun out there?

#14 ·
The ugliest handgun is the one that blows up in your hand.

With the exception of the 422 (which I sort of like) I feel like I'm bearing witness to a mutant laboratory thread on handguns...though the Liberator did serve a useful purpose.

Reactions: aquajim and Sekol
#15 ·
While many may be unusual I could never consider them ugly. I pretty much think everything is cool. Now some of them I would never buy.

Reactions: Sekol
#18 · (Edited)
Would you care to share the top five from the article you read? Yep, there have been some pretty homely looking guns posted here, thus far, and a little surprised that the Hi Point hasn't gotten attention yet. I do know Rhino has a squared off revolver in their line and was surprised to find that they had other models which were considered, well, "attractive challenged".

I would almost be afraid to even shoot the liberator - as they look like someone literally fashioned something out of an empty sardine can. Or maybe they used a full sardine can . . . ??

And, of course, lest we not forget, the GLOCK was considered FUGLY when it first hit the markets - yet, now, ~25 years later, they just defined a new look which is now copied by manufacturers the world over. As someone once said, "if I were to run for President of the US, I would want the marketing team who brought GLOCK to market to be running my campaign!"

#20 ·
There's been so many ugly handguns in the past, Mauser Broomhandles, Nagants, Nambus, etc, nothing modern really matches up! Hi Points are pretty fugly, but compared to a Broomhandle? Now, I'd rather OWN a Broomhandle, way cool old gun, lots of history, just weird looking. Of course, that's a subjective judgment. Many think they're beautiful. Of course, Austin Powers though he was cool, baby.....:D

#21 · (Edited)
Gun Firearm Revolver Trigger Gun accessory

The Savage Navy always comes to my mind when folks talk about ugly guns. I got to handle one several years ago and it actually feels better in the hand than it looks.

#22 ·
Here's the Borchardt, predecessor to one of the most beautiful handguns IMHO, the P08 Luger. I suppose the Borchardt is the ugly step sister. :D Check out the grip angle. :puke:

#27 ·
Yeah, NT, gotta agree with ya. That thing is down right FUGLY! I had read that George Luger was inspired in his design by the Borchardt. Borchardt, on the other hand, must have been inspired from a drug induced hallucination! Kinda like the classic poets of the 17th and 18th centuries used to do to gain inspiration for their poems.

#23 ·
Just from memory The article I read had the following: XD, Glock, Rhino, Highpoint And some Horrible looking S&W. None of them are as bad as some stuff I have seen on here.

#24 · (Edited)
They didn't mention the Ruger P guns? I actually LIKE the looks of 'em, but some critics seem to think them ugly. Talkin' about the older P guns, guns like the P90 and P85 (which I own).

Nothing on the market is as ugly as some of the guns of the past, though, especially some of the early autoloaders and European revolvers. I kinda think the TT33 Tokarev (had two of 'em in the past in 9x19) were pretty ugly, too. They had the look of the 1905 Colt/Browning but that catch on the side that looks like a master link clip on a motorcycle chain is just CHEAP looking. Third world engineering, it works, it don't have to be pretty. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Sekol and aquajim
#54 ·
I just "adopted" a Ruger P85DC and I must admit, it is a bit homely looking , in an indering way!

#26 ·
To me, the Glock is the ugliest "modern" gun made. I know they are supposed to be reliable and I have friends that swear by them.....but no thanks.

#28 ·
This S&W ain't too pretty ...

Gun Firearm Revolver Trigger Gun barrel

Reactions: Cudalyon
#36 ·
#30 ·
Gun Firearm Trigger Starting pistol Airsoft gun

The handle looks bulky. I didn't plan to buy a gun when I went into the gun store yesterday Honest I didn't. I should be able to fire it today. I'm a little worried, they spent way too much on the box.

Reactions: glenwolde
#31 ·
View attachment 61743

The handle looks bulky. I didn't plan to buy a gun when I went into the gun store yesterday Honest I didn't. I should be able to fire it today. I'm a little worried, they spent way too much on the box.
The grip reminds me of the way the grip on the Walther PPS feels. I was going to go buy a PPS, until I held it. Like holding a 2X4.

#33 ·
I like all the pictures but i agree the glock has no personallty same as the high point and jeminez but5 one mans ugly duckling is anothers swan

jhp
here is my uglest gun and and when it has to it can get really ugley
Gun Firearm Trigger Airsoft Airsoft gun

Reactions: gbusmech
#34 ·
I like all the pictures but i agree the glock has no personallty same as the high point and jeminez but5 one mans ugly duckling is anothers swan

jhp
here is my uglest gun and and when it has to it can get really ugley
View attachment 61748
Yep...That is Horrible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.