Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: Ugliest Handguns

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1660 times
    Never met a real handgun I couldn't find something likeable about - - - - - - except that new Rhino. Plus, the $900+ price is a put-off. I could buy a top-of-the-line S&W for that much.
    Sekol likes this.

Supporting Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    23688 times
    Time to throw out some Brit bait:

Webley.
    Sekol likes this.
    Never put off until tomorrow what you can bribe your younger brother into doing today.

Member #
    Liked
    8511 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kruizer@q.com View Post
    Yeah, this one. Never could figger out why somebody would build an upside down revolver.
    Well, Smith and Wesson did it before the Rhino - the S & W 422 is awesome - I have one and I love it - the barrel is along the bottom!

And to cudalyon,you are right - beauty is in the eye of the beholder! I mean, i think little yellow minions are cute, so what do I know!!!
    Last edited by Sekol; 08-07-2013 at 12:58 PM. Reason: darn graphics!
    Spit happens, so make the most of everyday!
    "Never give up. Never surrender." Galaxy Quest, 1999
    Happiness is always Having Enough 22lr ammo!

Maryland is for Crabs!

Member #
    Liked
    3380 times
    The ugliest handgun is the one that blows up in your hand.

With the exception of the 422 (which I sort of like) I feel like I'm bearing witness to a mutant laboratory thread on handguns...though the Liberator did serve a useful purpose.
    Sekol and aquajim like this.
    You can get a lot with a smile but you can get a lot more with a smile and a gun...Al Capone

Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth...Mike Tyson

On different calibers for self-defense: If you can hit what you aim at it doesn't matter...if you can't it doesn't matter. So, it doesn't matter...aphdmansoc

Member #
    Liked
    12299 times
    While many may be unusual I could never consider them ugly. I pretty much think everything is cool. Now some of them I would never buy.
    Sekol likes this.
    Shooting and Fishing! Life is Good!
    ><((((> ><((((> ><((((> Fish on! <)))>< <)))>< <)))><
    ************************************************** ************************************************
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, its about getting out there and Dancing in the Rain.

Member #
    Liked
    12299 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sekol View Post
    Well, Smith and Wesson did it before the Rhino - the S & W 422 is awesome - I have one and I love it - the barrel is along the bottom!

And to cudalyon,you are right - beauty is in the eye of the beholder! I mean, i think little yellow minions are cute, so what do I know!!!
    I have the S&W 2214, very similar design but much smaller. Just a fun .22 pocket size pistol to shoot!
    Shooting and Fishing! Life is Good!
    ><((((> ><((((> ><((((> Fish on! <)))>< <)))>< <)))><
    ************************************************** ************************************************
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, its about getting out there and Dancing in the Rain.

Member #
    Liked
    1108 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sekol View Post

My father in law had one of these in black. I never payed enough attention to realize the barrel was lower. It was a pretty nice shooter that we gave to a fellow that did a bunch of work for him as a gift when my father in law passed last year.

Supporting Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    6150 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Cudalyon View Post
    I saw an article on the top 5 ugliest handguns. I did agree with most, but had a couple that need to be added as well. What do you think is the ugliest handgun out there?
    Would you care to share the top five from the article you read? Yep, there have been some pretty homely looking guns posted here, thus far, and a little surprised that the Hi Point hasn't gotten attention yet. I do know Rhino has a squared off revolver in their line and was surprised to find that they had other models which were considered, well, "attractive challenged".

I would almost be afraid to even shoot the liberator - as they look like someone literally fashioned something out of an empty sardine can. Or maybe they used a full sardine can . . . ??

And, of course, lest we not forget, the GLOCK was considered FUGLY when it first hit the markets - yet, now, ~25 years later, they just defined a new look which is now copied by manufacturers the world over. As someone once said, "if I were to run for President of the US, I would want the marketing team who brought GLOCK to market to be running my campaign!"
    Last edited by daytonaredeye; 08-07-2013 at 05:48 PM.
    Sekol, Lance0812 and aquajim like this.
    NRA Lifetime Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org
    (soon to be) AARP

Looking for me? I'm the middle aged guy with the expanding waistline and receding hairline exiting my pickup truck with the big gun on my hip!

Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NativeTexan View Post
    This one is pretty fugly....
    Imagine a bank robber with the same shaped forehead and really weak arms pulling this out at a teller but no one complies because they are all laughing so hard.

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    5771 times
    There's been so many ugly handguns in the past, Mauser Broomhandles, Nagants, Nambus, etc, nothing modern really matches up! Hi Points are pretty fugly, but compared to a Broomhandle? Now, I'd rather OWN a Broomhandle, way cool old gun, lots of history, just weird looking. Of course, that's a subjective judgment. Many think they're beautiful. Of course, Austin Powers though he was cool, baby.....
    Taurus Rossi
    M85UL M511 Sportsman
    M66 3" blue M68 3"
    M66 4" Nickel M92 Carbine in .357 Mag
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"---Ben Franklin

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Links