Taurus Firearm Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pay It Forward

27K views 606 replies 119 participants last post by  BigSkiff 
#1 ·
Some of you may be familiar with this, for those who are not I'll explain. We all have junk laying around that we no longer have a use for or interest in. These items might be old holsters that didn't work out, extra brass, mags or stripper clips for guns you no longer own, etc. The basic idea here is to offer up these items here for free, shipping can be payed by you or the taker. One catch is that when someone claims an item they in turn must offer an item. The items don't have to be equal value but try to post useful items (No gunlocks). These threads have been going on for years on other forums and some have gotten interesting, the one on XDTalk drew the attention of one of the sponsors and they gave away a brand new Springfield XD to a lucky member. this is not meant to be a trading thread or a place for wishlist's. You can claim more than one item but you must offer an item for each one claimed. I'll start by offering a couple of things and we'll see where this thing goes.

First is a small lockback knife with the NRA logo on the blade. The handles are rose wood and bolsters are stainless. Claimed

Next I'll offer up 100 pieces of .38 spl brass, this will be a 50/50 mix of brass and nickle.
I'll pay shipping, the only thing you have to do to claim either one is to offer an item of your own. Even if you're not interested in my items feel free to jump right in and offer something.

See less See more
#2 ·
I'll offer up the following items:

Saiga 7.62x39 stock handguard and buttstock (minus screws)
Saiga 7.62x39 stock 10 rd. magazine and Promag 30 rd. magazine for unmodified Saiga.

I'll ship parcel post and this will be an all or nothing deal unless you live in
California, Hawaii, Massachusetts, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Chicago, of Washington DC in which case I will withold the 30 rd. magazine.

EDIT (01/26/11): Spoken for by bamf_shadow...will ship soon.

#5 ·
*no longer available* I have the following item to offer:
nylon holster w nylon mag holder(double stack) as a set (used for Mil Pro140 & 145)
I think its a Uncle Mike's i threw away the package (bought a Academy Sports)
will ship USPS
*sent to flagunner*

#6 ·
I think this is a great idea to get rid of stuff no longer needed.... the stuff is not really junk its just stuff
you don't or didn't use or used lightly..... lets try to keep this going.... check your desks, gun storages
lets help someone out and clean up at the same time..... :thumb:

#12 ·
Bamabowtie said:
Some of you may be familiar with this, for those who are not I'll explain. We all have junk laying around that we no longer have a use for or interest in. These items might be old holsters that didn't work out, extra brass, mags or stripper clips for guns you no longer own, etc. The basic idea here is to offer up these items here for free, shipping can be payed by you or the taker. One catch is that when someone claims an item they in turn must offer an item. The items don't have to be equal value but try to post useful items (No gunlocks). These threads have been going on for years on other forums and some have gotten interesting, the one on XDTalk drew the attention of one of the sponsors and they gave away a brand new Springfield XD to a lucky member. this is not meant to be a trading thread or a place for wishlist's. You can claim more than one item but you must offer an item for each one claimed. I'll start by offering a couple of things and we'll see where this thing goes.

First is a small lockback knife with the NRA logo on the blade. The handles are rose wood and bolsters are stainless.

Next I'll offer up 100 pieces of .38 spl brass, this will be a 50/50 mix of brass and nickle.

I'll pay shipping, the only thing you have to do to claim either one is to offer an item of your own. Even if you're not interested in my items feel free to jump right in and offer something.
hey bamabowtie, I'll take the NRA knife.....

#13 ·
Maybe the mods could sticky this? We have this on SKS boards, and it sits on 400 pages as of yesterday. We started with gun stuff only, and now anything goes.

#14 ·
I'll offer up two Pearce Grip pinkie extensions for Glock 26 mags (and probably a few other models). They are the PG-39 model with the inserts but the inserts are different so I'm guessing one of them isn't the right insert but not sure. I'll cover USPS shipping...

txto70 said:
*no longer available* I have the following item to offer:
nylon holster w nylon mag holder(double stack) as a set (used for Mil Pro140 & 145)
I think its a Uncle Mike's i threw away the package (bought a Academy Sports)
will ship USPS
*sent to flagunner*

#15 ·
I guess this fizzled out..... :'(
it was starting to feel like Christmas again when i was sending packages yesterday.... :D

#20 ·
Lone Eagle said:
Maybe the mods could sticky this? We have this on SKS boards, and it sits on 400 pages as of yesterday. We started with gun stuff only, and now anything goes.
I'm going to sticky this for now. Normally this requires approval from Flyer before we make it a sticky. So, if it fails to get the traffic it should of otherwise gets in trouble, my fanny is grass and Flyer owns the lawnmower! Don't let me down y'all!

#21 ·
Well, I can't let Skiff down and could use an injection of Karma, so here's what I got. It's an older Gerber multitool. Don't remember much about it, but it works. Blade's sharp on it. Could use a cleaning and tightening, but it works.

Edit: Tool has been claimed. Will mail it out when I get paid.

#24 ·
cookieman said:
Well, I can't let Skiff down and could use an injection of Karma, so here's what I got. It's an older Gerber multitool. Don't remember much about it, but it works. Blade's sharp on it. Could use a cleaning and tightening, but it works.
I'll take if you still have.... PM sent

#26 ·
9mm Snap Caps

Great idea. We have two packages of A-Zoom SnapCaps for 9mm Luger. Each package has five SnapCaps. They may have been lightly used. We no longer have any nines, so we will mail them to the first person who offers them a good home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.