Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Does Taurus make guns in the USA or only in Brazil?

12K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Wolf1477 
#1 ·
  • In 1992 Taurus established its PT 22 production line in Miami. The identically sized PT 25 in .25 ACP caliber followed this compact .22 LR handgun in 1994. Both of these small handguns make extensive use of the most modern production technology, including metal injection molding (MIM) and computer numerically controlled (CNC) machining.
  • Without going into lengthy explanations of the technologies involved, both CNC and MIM production methods ensure the highest possible quality and precision while lowering production costs.

Sources:
Taurus USA History
American Handgunner, May, 2002 by Charles Cutshaw

This FAQ was the product of the group effort of all the moderators of Taurus Armed.

#3 ·
OK! I must be missing something in this post, I see no information that is supportive of the tittle of this thread.:confused: Are those two paragraphs it?:loco:

#4 ·
In the last few years, Taurus USA has acquired several companies with gun manufacturing capacity, Heritage and Diamondback come to mind off the top of my head. Also, in house manufacturing has been increasing.

Meanwhile, the government in Brazil is making a left turn of the pro-Hugo Chavez type and has nationalized (read stolen here) some key industries, with the thought being that weapons manufacturers are on that list to be taken somewhere.

Those are not comments, but facts. Don't know how one affects the other directly, but I would think a multi-national corporation would want to shift their assets to less risky locations as much as possible to offset adverse government actions. JMHO.

#7 ·
The 738 - YES. We posted a lot of photos of the staff manufacturing all of the parts and then assembling the 738 series.
We Miami tourists also had the opportunity to assemble a 738 from scratch, using all of the locally produced parts.

#11 ·

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.