Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Staff

14K views 103 replies 22 participants last post by  Jake3501 
#1 ·
To the Forum Staff,

I am curious to know how, if possible, I could become part of the forum staff here at taurusarmed.net????

If this is possible would i be able to be paid or just strictly volunteer????

I am interested in either. Thank you very much.

#27 ·
charlie said:
underqualified???? wouldn't you want me to follow the rules????
If all our mods follwed all the rules all the time, it would be a boring place and the mods wouldn't have to be moderated! Being nice all the time is like being in church all the time, Sunday morning and sunday Evening is plenty, but 24/7 gets to be a little more than I can handle Charlie. My favorite mods are the ones with a little rascal in there souls, not the old fuddy duddy types. boring is as boring does. BUTT's Not Boring, NYPD isn't boring...but some of these guys wear underwear with heavy starch in them. Interesting Mods are more fun. It's hard to have much personality if you don't have a little adventure in your blood.

#28 ·
charlie said:
i wouldn't have a problem being good on here, i'm not here to fight with anyone or argue, too much anywayz, i'm just here for good fun and information on taurus firearms and others too maybe...
You should practice on that and master those skills first and foremost!

charlie said:
are all forums and/or message boards invitation only to become a staff or moderator?
I cannot speak for other forums, but some I used to moderate on required you to do dirty things that no one else knew about.

charlie said:
underqualified???? wouldn't you want me to follow the rules????
You're kidding me .... right? :bang:

#30 ·
Light starch, maybe...but in your shirts and your pants, not your underwear and socks. It creats an embarrassing itch, and rash!
Sorry guys, Charlie, got to get back to my last duck hunt story! Charlie, anyone pulling your strings? :D

#33 ·
#34 ·
Flyer said:
Is that experience talking? :devil:
No, just watched a few moderators scratch!

#35 ·
Actually, real mod candidates names are kept in a mayonaise jar, on Funken-Wagnell's porch til dawn. Then the Great Flyer Karnak devines who the lucky party will be, if the need arises. :D :eek: :rolleyes: :) :p ;)

If you haven't seen the old Late Shows with Johnny Carson you have nooooo idea, do you? :???: ;D

#37 ·
Johnny Carson had a skit where he played Karnak the Magnificant who could devine answers to questions that were sealed in envelopes. Then he would open the envelope and read the question. It was usually hilarious.

Johnny Carson as "Karnak" One Liners"A loaf of bread, a jug of wine and thou." Reading the content of the envelope: "Name three thing that have yea t." A: The Ne tea Plunge. Q:
www.strangecosmos.com/content/item/105258.html - Cached - Similar
YouTube - Carson Skit #11

5 min - Jan 10, 2007 -

Yet another visit from Karnak The Magnificent. ... Video Responses (1). Johnny Carson Carnak / Karnak · Added. 0:14. jbess1985 · View All ...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnwyQFe3wRA
Johnny Carson Carnak / Karnak

14 sec - Dec 11, 2007 -

Johnny Carson as Carnak Karnak
www.youtube.com/watch?v=agFe6h2GvRU
Image results for karnak johnny carson - Report imagesReport the following images as offensive. Confirm CancelThank you for the feedback.

Those should explain things by clicking on the links.

#38 ·
Jake3501 said:
Net Nanny would let me open the link Chico, so I know it had to be a great read! ;)
You're not missin' anything. Here are the topics covered. ;)

1. Don't over-prepare the panelists.

2. Do prepare yourself in advance.

3. Never let panelists use PowerPoint.

4. Never let panelists use anything special.

5. Make them introduce themselves in thirty seconds.

6. Break eye contact with the panelists.

7. Make everyone else look smart.

8. Stand up for the audience.

9. Involve the audience.

10. Seize the day.

:D

#40 ·
I believe the pay is based on number of threads locked...maybe not, it is on the boards I moderated ;). Besides the hours, pay, benefits, members, its really a great job :D

#41 ·
#42 ·
Robby said:
Gee I miss so much when I chose to sleep at nite???

But I try to make up for it in the day time!!
Robby, you are the only smart one in the group!

#46 ·
Robby said:
Maybe that is why FLYER, offered me the big corporate bonus? :rolleyes:

I always wondered why the other guys did not get theirs? :???:

I guess you have to have over 7000 posts to get the bonus? :D
Flyer offered me the corporate bonus as well, but I declined. I did take him up on the company car though. ;)

#47 ·
Smokewagon said:
Flyer offered me the corporate bonus as well, but I declined. I did take him up on the company car though. ;)
I was traveling down south and saw one of those cars fly by with the TaurusArmed.net logo on the door. I did wave but whoever it was didn't see me.

#48 ·
There is no doubt that some of the Moderators here are approaching stardom status. Maybe some day they will get to make a movie with them in staring roles. If it is a Western, NYPD would have to change his name to the Arizona Kid. I could Just See 4 of the Mods walking down main street at High Noon, and BUTT following along in his Walmart Scooter. Maybe we should get the prop department to change that to a wooden cart pulled by a couple of burros. BUTT as Stumpy, since Walter Brennan left us about 20 years ago. I've seen Smokewagon, and he'd be good in the old Terrance Hill movie "My Name is Nobody." I envision NYPD with dark sunglasses and just don't remember any famous Western Parts with the Character wearing dark sun glasses and a Smokey the Bear Hat. Maybe Texas Taurus Guy could handle the part of "Shane"....Flyer the part of Billy the Kid.....45 Forever the part of The Man with No Name, but we might get sued by Clint Eastwood. Chicorones could play Stacy Keech in one of those longhaired cowboy roles. Robby, he could compete with Butt for a Walter Brennan role. Sorry if I left some of my favorites out, but you might be glad I did! :D

#50 ·
How come I got cast as the cripple?

Oh well. I liked Walter Brennan in that role... especially when he opened up with that shotgun on the BGs trying to cross that creekbed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.