Member #
    Liked
    0 times

"Can the Taurus sights be replaced" FAQ

I believe the language of this FAQ with respect to the Millenium Pro is at best unclear and at worst misleading. It suggests that the screws on the top of the front and rear sights on my PT111 indicate its a second generation model. Nothing could be further from the truth: it's a third generation of recent manufacture. Of course, the sights are also dovetailed into the slide -- adding to confusion!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Re: "Can the Taurus sights be replaced" FAQ

I have a Millenium Pro PT 145 and it has the 3 dot system and they are not dove tailed. This is a 3rd Generation Model that was made for the state of California market.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Could either of you post pics?
    Desperately clinging to guns and religion....mostly guns.

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution, for if the American Constitution should fail, there will be anarchy throughout the world."
    Daniel Webster

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Tim- your pistol has set screws, it's true, but these don't hold the sights on- they just keep them from slipping in th dovetail. The original Millenium had a sight set that was literally helsd on with screws.
    Desperately clinging to guns and religion....mostly guns.

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution, for if the American Constitution should fail, there will be anarchy throughout the world."
    Daniel Webster

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Without the set screws, the sights would move, and could slide out. So the design of the set screw is to hold the sight piece in place.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    8830 times

The dovetail is the key. Every dovetailed sight I've ever seen has a set screw on top of the actual sight. 2nd and 1st gen had a screw that kept the sight on the slide.
    You all may go to hell, and I will go to Texas - Davy Crockett

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA member and proud Texas CHL holder

Links