Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Wal MArt Ammo find

5K views 26 replies 14 participants last post by  jtracc 
#1 ·
My dad called me today from my home town of N Ft Myers Florida, he said "Im at Wal Mart and they have 22lr" I asked what is it? He said Winchester M22. I said how much? he said 51.00 for 1000 rounds! I just about fell out of my truck! He said do you want me to get it?

The price isnt so great but I havent seen 1000 rounds of 22 since december of 2012. Look out NFM we are going shootin'

Looking forward to our visit to SW FL, will be visiting the ranges while we are there.

#3 ·
I think that will be the new normal price when is comes available everywhere again.

#5 ·
lol, come to think of it I dont have an answer! Even if I had 10K rounds Id probably still get it. Crazy what lean times will do to a man!

#13 ·
#11 ·
Well, I decided to place and order on backorder. we'll see how it goes.

#16 ·
Are these good enough for pistols? My 1911-22 needs a strong round for the action to work. We have a Dunhams in town here and I'll start checking if this stuff is legit.

#17 ·
I have NO idea... I only have a rifle and I never got a chance to shoot the buckets yet. BUT it IS remington after all... I figure thats a pretty good name. So I trust they will be ok.

Whether they are ok or not for your particular gun I have no way of knowing.

#18 ·
It's a sig and I've got it broke in to where it will shoot blazers. I called my Dunham s store and shipment will come in Thursday night. I have a marlin 60 I can use them in if the sig doesn't like them. Thanks for the tip!

#19 ·
Does the Rem Bucket of bullets say High Velocity? If the do they should be okay for semi auto's.

Reactions: bps1
#21 ·
Any body that placed ammo orders from Midsouth Supply heard or seen anything about the order????

#22 ·
Here's an alert for those in Central Texas, the Temple Walmart has 12 cases of Tula Ammo .223 in the display case, they start selling ammo at 7 a.m. so if You're nearby You've got a shot at it.
Check Your local Wally World they may have some of the same.

#26 ·
What area are you in? How do you know this? What is the reason? Inquiring minds want to know!

#27 · (Edited)
Have friends that work corporate and just shipping guys. They dont for see any ammo anytime soon. They also said people are lining up evey morning to check if they had anything in stock. They also told me, people are being tipped off when shipments are coming in. However, these shipments are barely 1000 rounds at a time so they go the first 60 seconds. Some and I mean some shipments aren't even getting the floor if you know what i mean. They are going straight off the truck into someone's trunk. Have you seen ammo at any Walmart in south Florida? I haven't in months. If you do BUY it because 1min after you someone will. I am in palm beach. Plam beach to delray, to broward to Miami PICKED CLEAN. Same goes with dicks sporting goods, they are having the same issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.