Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Tulammo is CRAP

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Tulammo possibly bad for your gun

Ok, yea we went through an ammo shortage in the US, ammo was cheap before that, actually steel cased and bi-metal projectiles weren't common at all; then all of the sudden we are bombarded with 1/3 priced steel range ammo that a lot of indoor ranges won't even allow because the projectiles are bi-metal lead/steel core, steel lined, then a tiny coating of brass over all that. OK, steel vs brass, obviously the brass WWB, Fed, etc won't damage your firearm's barrel, I'm starting to become concerened that if I continue shooting this Tulammo due to the fact the grooves in a barrel scrape off the brass exposing the steel of the Tulammo. Then there's the whole issue about instead of brass dust being left in your firearm, now you have steel dust in your firearm and it WILL RUST, and that rust will mess up your firearm.
    Go to the range, fire about 100-200 rds of this stuff through your gun (I've fired thousands of rds of it in 25,380, 9mm, 40, and 7.62x39 and they did actually all go bang) go home and clean your gun. You'll notice significantly more soot, carbon, and debris in your gun. Personally I clean the hell out of my guns after running this stuff through them after seeing basically a brass barrel and finding all the left overs in the action. Pretty much, this ammo, in my opinion- it's only good for like a breaking in or "getting to know a weapon", (you experienced shooters know what I mean) aside from that go back to the few extra dollar good-for-your-gun ammo for sighting in, weekly practice or however you practice shooting. In my opinion, you run a huge risk of damaging your weapon with switching exclusively to this stuff for range ammo. Bare minimum this stuff DEMANDS 5 TIMES MORE TIME TO CLEAN YOUR FIREARM AFTER USING THIS STUFF, and you're risking losing an accurate barrel.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Tulammo possibly bad for your gun

Ok, yea we went through an ammo shortage in the US, ammo was cheap before that, actually steel cased and bi-metal projectiles weren't common at all; then all of the sudden we are bombarded with 1/3 priced steel range ammo that a lot of indoor ranges won't even allow because the projectiles are bi-metal lead/steel core, steel lined, then a tiny coating of brass over all that. OK, steel vs brass, obviously the brass WWB, Fed, etc won't damage your firearm's barrel, I'm starting to become concerened that if I continue shooting this Tulammo due to the fact the grooves in a barrel scrape off the brass exposing the steel of the Tulammo. Then there's the whole issue about instead of brass dust being left in your firearm, now you have steel dust in your firearm and it WILL RUST, and that rust will mess up your firearm.
    Go to the range, fire about 100-200 rds of this stuff through your gun (I've fired thousands of rds of it in 25,380, 9mm, 40, and 7.62x39 and they did actually all go bang) go home and clean your gun. You'll notice significantly more soot, carbon, and debris in your gun. Personally I clean the hell out of my guns after running this stuff through them after seeing basically a brass barrel and finding all the left overs in the action. Pretty much, this ammo, in my opinion- it's only good for like a breaking in or "getting to know a weapon", (you experienced shooters know what I mean) aside from that go back to the few extra dollar good-for-your-gun ammo for sighting in, weekly practice or however you practice shooting. In my opinion, you run a huge risk of damaging your weapon with switching exclusively to this stuff for range ammo. Bare minimum this stuff DEMANDS 5 TIMES MORE TIME TO CLEAN YOUR FIREARM AFTER USING THIS STUFF, and you're risking losing an accurate barrel.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1387 times
    I have shot Tulammo in my Taurus pistols without problems. It was dirtier than most ammo I've shot.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.
    Richard Henry Lee

Before all else, be armed.
    Niccolo Machiavelli

Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun.
    Mao Tse-Tung

To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.
    George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment

Handguns are hole-punchers, not sledgehammers!
    Fibonacci, TA member

Member #
    Liked
    5077 times
    I've shot thousands of rounds of Silver Bear ammo ( nickel plated steel) through my Rugers and never had a problem.

Even used the 145gr.JHP for a IDPA match and the Ruger kept chugging along just fine through the whole match.

I've used the same ammo in the PT111s ,not as much, but the rounds still worked fine with out any excessive wear and tear apparent to the guns.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I will not use Tulammo again. I normally use the Federal brand or WWB. I purchased some .40 S&W Tulammo a few weeks ago, because of price, and had a pretty bad experience.

While shooting the first 2 mags (pt 24/7 .40 pro c DS) I encountered a couple FTFeeds. Ok... no big deal, maybe I limpwristed, maybe a light powder load failed to cycle the slide completely... who knows. Close to the end of the second mag, I fired a round, the gun cycled, failure to go into battery.... after investigating, the previously fired rounds case had jammed in the chamber, the extract popped off the rim, and the slide was trying to feed the next round.

When I was finally able to remove the jammed case, it was totally split down the side. Didn't notice another damage but that was all it took for me to get rid of the rest.

Won't buy it again... for pistols.... haven't had issues in .223.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    Taurus 24/7 Pro C DS .40
    Remington 870 Express Magnum
    ... More to come...

2nd Amendment Supporter
    CWFL Florida

Ezekiel 33:6 ...'But if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet, and the people are not warned, and a sword comes and takes a person from them, he is taken away in his iniquity; but his blood I will require from the watchman's hand.' ....

Member #
    Liked
    467 times
    Everyone talks about dirty. Even I have talked about dirty. The fact is thoigh, if you shoot 200 rounds of anything your weapon will be dirty.

Point 2. Collectively between 5 shooters we went through over 6000 rounds of TulAmmo Saturday in 9mm, .45acp, .223 and 7.62. We also had about 200 rounds in .30 carbine. The only malfunctions we had was with a BRAND NEW SR1911 and it wasnt the ammo, the damn springs are so tight on that 1911 we ended up havong to run 3 roind magazines for about 60 rounds, till she loosened up a bit. The Kimber, Taurus and Colt 1911's had no problems. The variois SKS's, Mini 30's and AK47's had no problems. The several different AR15's, Mini 14's and my brand new Windham Weaponry had no problems either.

After Saturdays shoot I probably have between 25000 and 30000 rounds of Tull and Wolf ammo through my weapons with very minimal problems and never anything really ammo related. To say 1 box makes ammo crap is ridiculous. Cleaning the weapons yesterday was no different than if I had shot much more expensive "non-crap" ammo.
    Some weapons like to eat anything and some dont like to eat at all. The way I see it is if my weapons will shoot the dirt cheap stuff fine ill save money at the range, if they wont then well I have to make due with something else. To each his own but for me personally, i dont carry Tull in my carry weapon, but I feel that if its all I have I know my weapon will shoot it.
    atppilot likes this.

The only easy day, was yesterday!

GUNS: My right to own them is what protects your right to express that I can't.
    Get off your @$$ and vote NOBAMA in 2012!
    M1911A1: The original point and click application.

Member #
    Liked
    18194 times
    "NEWS FLASH" May 8th, 1945

Superior German forces, with superior German firearms, shooting superior bass cased German ammo...

Had their asses handed to them by...

Substandard Russians, with substandard Russian firearms, shooting substandard steel cased crappy Russian ammo.

Tula is was it is; low priced, soft steel cased ammo that does work.

I've had bad primers in ammo bought from: Winchester, Federal, Remington, Fiocchi and many other brands; all of which cost 30 - 50% more than that crappy Russian stuff.
    NULLI SECUNDUS

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    12639 times
    I don't have any Tula ammunition, but I plan to pick some up, just so I can see for myself, whether it's good stuff or not. It's good, pricewise, from the ads I've seen for it.
    Texas is neither southern or western. Texas is Texas!

Texas friendly, spoken here.

Member #
    Liked
    120 times
    Just to add a voice, I've had nothing but good luck with TulAmmo .45 ACP in my PT1911 and 24/7 Pro C DS. And to my eyes, it actually shoots cleaner and tighter than WWB. My $.02
    "Pray harder and shoot straight!" --Dustin Ellermann, 'Top Shot' Season 3 Winner

Member #
    Liked
    13730 times
    My 24/7 has had at least 7000 rds of Tula through it Not 1 FTF, Not 1!. During a range session with the kids each kid shoots at least 50 rounds to qualify. Because it is your tax dollars at work we buy the cheapest. Tula if it is available. We clean the weapons at lunch then again at the end of the day. If my 24/7 slows down....clp and away we go!
    The range is cleaned by magnet!

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Links