Thread: The Factory Ammo Recall Thread

Member #
    Liked
    3146 times

The Factory Ammo Recall Thread

Consumer Product Notification

July 31, 2013

To: Remington Ammunition Distributor

Re: REMINGTON RIMFIRE: 22 THUNDERBOLT« TB-22A 22 LONG RIFLE CONSUMER PRODUCT NOTIFICATION

Today Remington provided the attached public notice to its consumers, dealers and distributors concerning its Remington 22 Thunderbolt« ammunition with the following Lot Nos.:

LOT NUMBERS: S22BB1237 and S22BC1237

No other ammunition or Lot Numbers are affected.

REMINGTON REQUESTS THAT YOU TAKE THE FOLLOWING ACTIONS:

(i) Please forward the attached Consumer Product Notification to all of your customers that purchased the identified Lots of Remington 22 Thunderbolt« ammunition;
    (ii) Request that these customers post the attached Consumer Product Safety Notification in a prominent place in their stores; and
    (ii) If you or your customers have any of the recalled Lots of Remington 22 Thunderbolt« ammunition in your warehouses, storage areas or stores, please remove this inventory immediately and contact Remington to arrange for the return of this ammunition and a refund, at no cost to you or your customers.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. ANY QUESTIONS: please contact the Remington Customer Service Department at 1-888-736-4867.

Remington has determined that two specific lot codes of Remington 22 Thunderbolt« ammunition may contain rounds with an insufficient crimp on the bullet. This issue is specific only to lot numbers: S22BB1237 and S22BC1237. Handling or loading this 22 Thunderbolt« ammunition could result in the separation of the bullet from the shell casing. In certain situations, this occurrence could render the firearm inoperable.
    Sekol likes this.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    13921 times
    I'm going to modify the thread name and sticky this for a period of time. Thanks for the heads up.
    You all may go to hell, and I will go to Texas - Davy Crockett

"Say When." - Doc Holliday

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA member and proud Texas CHL holder

Member #
    Liked
    15194 times
    Thanks VZ!!! The last bunch of Rem TB that our range got was sooooo bad that it fouled 3 of our revolvers to the point that the bullets were tumbling out of the barrel instead of coming out straight - and they were certainly a real mess to clean up, too - thankfully no permanent damage was done. I used to like Rem Golden Bullet - but it has been impossible to find! And you can bet that I'll never use Thunderbolt again, unless they promise me it won't hurt my firearms!
    texastaurusguy likes this.
    Spit happens, so make the most of everyday!
    "Never give up. Never surrender." Galaxy Quest, 1999
    Happiness is always Having Enough 22lr ammo!

Maryland is for Crabs!

Member #
    Liked
    22387 times
    Thanks for the heads up. I have 4 boxes siting at home that I will have to go check. Got them form BPS about a month and half ago.
    ><((((║> ><((((║> ><((((║> Shooting and Fishing! Life is Good! <║)))>< <║)))>< <║)))><
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
    Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, its about getting out there and Dancing in the Rain.

Hawthorne, FL 2014 ● Milford Hills, WI 2014 ● Altoona, PA 2014 ● Dade City, FL 2014 ● Sand Lake, TX 2015 ● Dade City, FL 2015

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    11595 times
    Thanks for the heads up.

Member #
    Liked
    28324 times
    Thanks for the heads up!

I just checked, I noticed I didn't have any Remington .22 here but I am going to let a couple friends know.
    "Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem" (I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery) Thomas Jefferson in a letter to James Madison

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

"If everyone is thinking alike then someone isn't thinking!" General Patton

"If we waited for Washington to tell us when to plant, we should soon want bread." Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    How do I know what the lot number is. I just bought 200 rds at academy for under 10 bucks!!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    13921 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gelbschnee View Post
    How do I know what the lot number is. I just bought 200 rds at academy for under 10 bucks!!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    The lot numbers are in the original post, and should be on the box of ammo, probably on the side.
    You all may go to hell, and I will go to Texas - Davy Crockett

"Say When." - Doc Holliday

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA member and proud Texas CHL holder

Member #
    Liked
    23148 times

Remington .22 Thunderbolt RECALL

Source:
    Consumer Product Notification 22 Thunderbolt

Consumer Product Notification
    Remington Rimfire: 22 Thunderbolt« TB-22A
    22 Long Rifle Ammunition
    Remington has determined that two specific lot codes of Remington 22 Thunderbolt« ammunition may contain rounds with an insufficient crimp on the bullet. This issue is specific only to lot numbers: S22BB1237 and S22BC1237. Handling or loading this 22 Thunderbolt« ammunition could result in the separation of the bullet from the shell casing. In certain situations, this occurrence could render the firearm inoperable.
    If you have recently purchased a box, brick, or case of Remington 22 Thunderbolt« ammunition with the specific lot numbers: S22BB1237 or S22BC1237, Remington will exchange this ammunition at no charge. For questions, or to arrange for exchange and replacementofthis 22 Thunderbolt« ammunition, please contact the Remington Customer Service staff at: 1-800-243-9700, Prompt #3.

Remington would like to apologize for any inconveniences or concerns that this issue may have created for our customers. We thank you for your continued support of Remington firearms and ammunition products.

Supporting Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    18039 times
    All the Thunderbolt ammo I have was purchased right before the shortage started. I think I'm okay but gonna check anyhow. Thanks.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links