Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree94Likes

Thread: Educate a Brit

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    8719 times
    Over easy, flip them over just enough to put a skin on the yolk. That's how I roll.
    Wolf1477 likes this.
    Evil Is Powerless If The Good Are Unafraid. Ronald Reagan
    The Government Is Not The Solution To The Problem, The Government Is The Problem. Ronald Reagan
    Impeach king barack hussein obama
    I Will Not Comply ! Go Pound Sand !
    Hey everyone carry whether it's legal or not, I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    8719 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rodfair View Post
    Corrado......welcome to my world!!!!!
    Scrambled eggs here are basically cracked eggs, stirred up and then fried, stirred while frying. No milk or anything like that.
    In this country, bacon, which seems to hold God like status, and quite rightly I might add, can be served with anything, even peanut butter.
    Waffles or pancakes they will put anything on, absolutely ANYTHING, ANYTHING I tell you....You can go into a restaurant in my town and get steak and waffles with strawberries and syrup....and yes, whipped cream!
    Buttermilk biscuits, that they have referred to are the US equivalent of scones! But they seem to use them as we would use bread...for sopping up gravy of floating on the top of a stew instead of dumplings!
    They do tend to have strange culinary ideas, I believe Gordon Ramsey is trying to educate them, however...he must be! He is on the "telly" almost every channel I cant find football on! Its not even football season. Speaking of which, they talk alot about draft picks....no that is not about your favourite libation...it's about which teenager, is going to be paid about $3 million a year for working a 20 hour week and 20 minutes/game.
    Back to culinary...it is interesting here though, if you go to most local zoos, where they have the animal nameplates, they have FREE recipe cards!
    Deep fried wombat!!!!!!
    Evil Is Powerless If The Good Are Unafraid. Ronald Reagan
    The Government Is Not The Solution To The Problem, The Government Is The Problem. Ronald Reagan
    Impeach king barack hussein obama
    I Will Not Comply ! Go Pound Sand !
    Hey everyone carry whether it's legal or not, I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Member #
    Liked
    10919 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nut016 View Post
    Anybody like boiled eggs? Just asking.....
    Yep, at Easter or in potato salad.

Ok guys, very funny, bring back the Constitution now...

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison

"Ignorance and arrogance are a lethal combination. Nowhere do we see that more clearly among writers and performers who pontificate as historians when they know nothing about history." -- Victor Davis Hanson

"It's your life, rise up and live it" -- Terry Goodkind

Member #
    Liked
    10919 times
    Hey Rod, you can blame the Belgians for our waffle fixation.

Me personally, if I'm going to have waffles or pancakes I want butter and either strawberry or blueberry syrup on 'em with over easy eggs on the side.

We may have some odd foods here, but, I've seen the stuff the Brits call "food" and I can understand why you all don't have the weight problem so prevalent in the US where the food actually tastes good. (Eel pie? Really? I'm glad we have guys like Andrew Zimmern and Tony Bourdain to travel the world so I know where to go and not to go for good food)
    btleslie and rodfair like this.

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison

"Ignorance and arrogance are a lethal combination. Nowhere do we see that more clearly among writers and performers who pontificate as historians when they know nothing about history." -- Victor Davis Hanson

Member #
    Liked
    15185 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rodfair View Post
    Buttermilk biscuits, that they have referred to are the US equivalent of scones!
    I have to correct you on this one Rod. Scones are flour cooked to stone like consistency, or at least the ones I have had. That is why you see them served in coffee shops, so you can dunk them and soften them. Buttermilk biscuits done properly are light fluffy round pieces of heaven.
    Always remember to Reduce, Reuse and Recycle your targets
    Reduce them to shreds
    Reuse shoot them more than once
    Recycle whatever is left over

24/7 Pro C 40 S&W PT1911 45 ACP 738 TCP 380 ACP PT111 SS Model 66 .357
    About me - I take very little seriously especially myself.

Ignorance is the lack of knowledge. Stupid is the refusal to do anything about it.

Member #
    Liked
    3870 times
    Eggs over hard is my preferred way unless I'm eating grits or rice, then I want the yolk runny in an over easy style.

Mayo has it's place on some sandwiches, but mustard is king IMO.

As for ketchup, not really a big fan unless certain situations arise. Hot fries covered in hot melted cheddar and the ketchup is ice cold from the fridge. Occaisionally on a burger, but very little. Otherwise I don't use the stuff, and by the way, did I mention I'm from Pittsburgh. Home of the H.J. Heinz company, I went to middle school across the street from the factory, I hate the smell of vinegar.
    btleslie likes this.
    "I am a better American today because of Barack Obama. Hear it loud, hear it clearly. I am a better American today because of Barack Obama. I know what my country has done, both good and bad. I have a deep appreciation of what this country is and what the American people are capable of. This is not a setback. This is a challenge and believe me, the American people are up to the challenge,...." -Glenn Beck

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    23018 times
    Sunny side up means you don't flip it.
    I prefer over medium, not quite as runny but just so.
    btleslie likes this.

"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."
    PT140 Millenium, PT809, Sig P250, Tok, RIA 1911, Friends don't let friends buy Keltecs...
    Pray for Obama Psalm 109:8 (stolen from William)
    Molon Labe
    I live in a purple house, you got a problem with that?
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes."

ETF
    Member #
    Liked
    916 times
    We've just about covered eggs but I can't tell you what I thought the first time I saw my wife put a slice of cheddar cheese on her hot apple pie. I'm told that it's a southern thing.
    Wolf1477 and btleslie like this.

Member #
    Liked
    316 times
    2 eggs over easy and tossed in a big nowl of grits swimming in Butter, salt and pepper. I pick my grits fresh every morning from our grit bushes.
    **I've been Doing So Much, For So long, With So Little.....I Can Do Almost Anything, With Absolutely Nothing.**

Member #
    Liked
    10919 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ETF View Post
    We've just about covered eggs but I can't tell you what I thought the first time I saw my wife put a slice of cheddar cheese on her hot apple pie. I'm told that it's a southern thing.
    That's a Wisconsin/Mid West thing. My ma has a plaque above her kitchen sink that reads:

An apple pie
    Without cheese
    Is like a hug
    without a squeeze

Kind of like I'd much rather have a hamburger patty or pork chop with my eggs and hash browns than sausage or bacon.
    rodfair and btleslie like this.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Links