Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Not sure how to ask this...

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    Post removed.
    Last edited by BCM_87; 01-20-2013 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Removed by author.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    I wore the Theis around yesterday with it in the small of my back; it works but I'll have to do something different when riding the Harley. It doesn't work well with the backrest. When I knew I wasn't going out anymore, I switched to the Remora in the same position; no issues. I'm thinking of ordering a shoulder rig from J.R. Roscoe to have as another option; and I'll probably get an OWB for the range...

Member #
    Liked
    104 times
    First let me say if I miss spell forgive me I'm on my phone lol. My laptop charger just went out. I am 52 and disabled. I cant exersise properly and I too take alot of meds (wife still calls me sexy lol) Yea right lol. At 5' 11" and around 270 (I should be 180) and only owning 1 firearm now (lost all my other firearms in a divorce) I will be carring my M66 and that size firearm I will have to probablly need a shoulder holster. I too have the dun lap problem as my Dad would say. My belly dun lapped over my belt. It's really hard for me not having the funds to buy this and that. I chose the M66 because I can hunt with it also. Now to figure out how to carry it CC. It also dosent help me being left handed also lol. As large as I am the only ways for me is to buy a smaller firearm and that is out of the question right now. I need help also any ideas for me ?

If you come into my home and your actions are other than honarable, my reactions to your actions will not be pleasant for you!!!

Bill
    US Army 1983-1985 Airborne Artillary

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    6867 times
    I'm considering a mansierre holster for a BUG.

"I think we have more machinery of government than is necessary, too many parasites living on the labor of the industrious." - Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Liked
    1154 times
    Me too, good quality leather owb holster and a good belt as tight as you can stand it,long loose summer shirts in summer.long loose flannel shirts in other seasons and when its cold as long a jacket you can find so it won't ride up and oc the gun. dont like sob's when I am driving,use a shoulder holster,Have you looked at concealment vests?
    Last edited by taurusgunner; 01-20-2013 at 10:29 AM.
    Some people are more trouble than they are worth,I'm glad your worth something....Mrs. T.G....

"Cognito, ergo armitium sum"....(I think therefore I am armed).

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    4308 times
    There are plenty of us here that are disabled or overweight. I can carry a full size 1911 if I feel like it being overweight does not effect your right to carry. And your stature should not be a topic here on the forum.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

PT 1911,pt 24/7 45 C DS, M-85

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3502 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 45 Forever View Post
    There are plenty of us here that are disabled or overweight. I can carry a full size 1911 if I feel like it being overweight does not effect your right to carry. And your stature should not be a topic here on the forum.
    I agree.
    Proud owner of a PT145 since 2008.
    And a PT145SS since 1/2013.

"Let's Roll" - Todd Beamer, Flight 93, 9/11/2001.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 45 Forever View Post
    Thank you for your comment. The only reason I mentioned my physical characteristics was to illustrate the difficulty I was having with CC, and the holsters I had selected so far. I appreciate all the suggestions...

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hdgzr View Post
    Thank you for your comment. The only reason I mentioned my physical characteristics was to illustrate the difficulty I was having with CC, and the holsters I had selected so far. I appreciate all the suggestions...
    OP (sorry I don't know your first name),

I wasn't attacking you for you physical stature or questioning your rights. If it came off that way, that was not my intention and I apologize. The point I wanted to make was a concern about weapon retention in a struggle. This applies to anyone, fitness or ability aside.

As far as holsters, I'd recommend a shoulder rig, the Galco Miami Classic is a good one. It costs a pretty penny but is well made from nice leather and comes with a Ferrari and a mullet wig.

Member #
    Liked
    20316 times
    I just carry OWB. I figure the holster has enough to do dealing with retention and presentation. I give the concealing job to the clothes.
    My go-to carry gun is a 24/7 OSS.
    GunsandNoses likes this.
    Keeper of The Pledge

Elected Perpetual Dictator of the Universe by a landslide.

I have ridden a motorcycle faster than Mach 0.25.

Because a copy is returned for postfix ++ expressions, statements such as (c++)++; won't work as expected.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links