Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Uscca ???

Member #
    Liked
    91 times

Thumbs down Uscca ???

If you are checking out the USCCA site and thinking about joining, think again. They SELL a membership for Self Defense Insurance, if you ever are involved in a personal defense shooting, they also have a forum and a excellent Concealed Carry magazine. I joined when the membership was $67.00 p/year and before the Self Defense Shield (SDS) started. Everything was fine until they started blasting my inbasket with spam emails to buy the SDS, sometimes 4 emails a day. I finaly ended up signing up for their SDS on a payment plan, figured I would give it a shot....after two payments they somehow messed up my credit card (had to close my card) their billing department has major problems.. I canceled my SDS coverage and went back to a regular Gold membership so I could get the magazine, (have not recieved the latest October issue).

The newest thing they have changed is that all existing members (some have been there for years) must upgrade to the SDS or they are kicked off the site, sometime within this coming year. Now this insurance (SDS) for a Gold Plus membership cost $200.00 per year. People that have been a member of USCCA for years are dropping out like fly's.
    Everyone is complaining about the spam emails and being forced to buy something that most people don't want or already have.

I have coverage with: Armed Citizens' Legal Defense Network, Inc.

The owner of the site could care less about its members that have been there before he added the SDS. If you don't buy the shield your off the site. Its being compaired to Obama-care, you either upgrade or your gone. Its called greed, there are around 60,000 +members now, they put out a letter to the members stating that if they loose a few people, its ok and expected. About 15,000 members have upgraded to the SDS, thats a lot of money so far. Now everyone has to upgrade so they can make more money.
    Most people figure their membership will go down to about a third of what it is now and new memberships will slow down to very few.

I'm not posting this to vent....(well maybe a little) The main reason for this post is to let people know of what has happened over at USCCA within the last couple weeks, It's not about the people or for the people....It's for the money!!
    Armd2DaTeeth likes this.
    US Navy Veteren
    Ruger SP101 357 Mag 3" Barrel
    Taurus 65 357 Mag
    Glock 19 Gen3
    Walther PK 380
    www.guntoters.com

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    11107 times
    This kind of stuff is good to know. Even if it's one man's opinion, it allows others to weigh their choices before making one.
    You all may go to hell, and I will go to Texas - Davy Crockett

"Beware the fury of a patient man." - John Dryden

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA member and proud Texas CHL holder

Member #
    Liked
    98 times
    I, too, hate the spam emails giving me ONE MORE CHANCE to get the insurance. This guy must be watching Christian, on WWE too much.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4219 times
    I guess the founder of USCCA is an insurance salesman.

NRA Life Member - TSRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    1247 times
    Hahaha!!!
    Armd2DaTeeth likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    15800 times
    I'm a platinum member with the SDS and don't get too many emails. Usually just the 1 a week newsletter. I think for the money it is a great service. If Tim makes a profit at it more power to him.
    Always remember to Reduce, Reuse and Recycle your targets
    Reduce them to shreds
    Reuse shoot them more than once
    Recycle whatever is left over

24/7 Pro C 40 S&W PT1911 45 ACP 738 TCP 380 ACP PT111 SS Model 66 .357
    About me - I take very little seriously especially myself.

Ignorance is the lack of knowledge. Stupid is the refusal to do anything about it.

Moderator Emeritus

Member #
    Liked
    945 times
    I too am enrolled at the lowest level, of SDS! Being retired, it was the best I could do. I considered the other plan, but now that there are two lawyers within 5 miles of my house in the program I am satisfied that it should work as proposed. Yeah, someone will make a buck on this program, but I could not afford to retain a lawyer to represent me, without some way to pay him, if I am involved in a shooting incident.
    Armd2DaTeeth likes this.
    ROBBY
    Board Of Directors KC3 http://www.kc3.com/index.html
    NRA Member, GOA Member, NAGR member

Member #
    Liked
    1943 times
    I can not imagine having this type of insurance-I guess you guys "know" that it will work?

Member #
    Liked
    15800 times
    If you are involved in a SD shooting they will provide for your defense in a criminal case up to $75k for the top tier plan and up to $300k for civil defense. I hope to never have to figure out exactly how it works, but like any other insurance you really hope you never have to use it.
    Armd2DaTeeth likes this.
    Always remember to Reduce, Reuse and Recycle your targets
    Reduce them to shreds
    Reuse shoot them more than once
    Recycle whatever is left over

24/7 Pro C 40 S&W PT1911 45 ACP 738 TCP 380 ACP PT111 SS Model 66 .357
    About me - I take very little seriously especially myself.

Ignorance is the lack of knowledge. Stupid is the refusal to do anything about it.

Member #
    Liked
    91 times
    Quote Originally Posted by btleslie View Post
    I'm a platinum member with the SDS and don't get too many emails. Usually just the 1 a week newsletter. I think for the money it is a great service. If Tim makes a profit at it more power to him.
    I'm still a Gold Member but under the new changes(this past week) if I don't upgrade I will not be able to renew my membership when it expires. You either buy the SDS program or nothing!!!!

They only sell the SDS memberships now.

I have no problem with someone making money, wish I would of thought of it and had the knowledge to do the same thing. The reason I made that post was to let people know what type of problems USCCA is having at the moment. I was a Gold Plus member with the shield until their billing department cause me to have to cancel my credit card and get a new one, (Credit card security company called me 3 days in a row wondering who USCCA was). The Customer Service people were great. Went back down to a regular Gold Member. Since then, I have not received one email (not even the weekly newsletter) nor have I received the October issue of the magazine (which I've paid for).

I joined before the SDS program and then upgraded to Gold Plus, using their payment program, at that time I thought the shield was great, after the billing problem a Red Flag popped up in my head and started questioning everything. If they couldn't get the billing correct, what would happen if I ever needed to use the Shield, now I don't have to much faith in the Shield. The website, forum and magazine are excellent that why I joined in the first place.

Just my personal opinion
    US Navy Veteren
    Ruger SP101 357 Mag 3" Barrel
    Taurus 65 357 Mag
    Glock 19 Gen3
    Walther PK 380
    www.guntoters.com

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Links