Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times

PT92 Shoulder Holster (It's not a joke, really)

I've been on both ends of the shoulder carry spectrum, going with a Walther PPK on one end and a variety of magnum revolvers on the other, neither with any issue as to how well I can conceal them under a blazer (being built like a matchstick has at least one benefit).

However, I'm soon to start carrying a 92 as my primary carry gun, and require a good shoulder holster. I've looked at Uncle Mikes and some others that looked good, but UM's only have space for a single extra magazine and they all have those irritating tie downs that do tend to give away the fact that you're carrying if the end of your jacket gets hitched up on something.

Does anyone have any ideas as to a brand or maker that has a good holster that will fit a 92?

Got a nickname for all of my guns...

Member #
    Liked
    216 times
    eBay always has some "decent" shoulder holsters for the 92 platform. And there going to be reasonably priced, But the are probably going to be nylon.

Cheaper than dirt has a pretty nice one , made by Tuxedo , looks to be pretty solid and has the option of carrying extra mags. Ill post the link for you to check it out.

34491 - Tuxedo Shoulder Holster System Medium-Frame Autos Size 6 Ambidextrous Black
    Last edited by FatMatt92; 07-24-2011 at 10:44 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    1136 times
    Quote Originally Posted by HaHaHaHaHa View Post
    I've been on both ends of the shoulder carry spectrum, going with a Walther PPK on one end and a variety of magnum revolvers on the other, neither with any issue as to how well I can conceal them under a blazer (being built like a matchstick has at least one benefit).

However, I'm soon to start carrying a 92 as my primary carry gun, and require a good shoulder holster. I've looked at Uncle Mikes and some others that looked good, but UM's only have space for a single extra magazine and they all have those irritating tie downs that do tend to give away the fact that you're carrying if the end of your jacket gets hitched up on something.

Does anyone have any ideas as to a brand or maker that has a good holster that will fit a 92?

I use a shoulder rig for my Ruger , and while I like the carry method the PT92 is not ideal for shoulder carry.IMO the gun is too long for that, as what'll happen is the back of the gun will 'print' against the blazer or covering jacket unless you have a wide chest front-to-back.I like the tie-downs on my Blackhawk shoulder rig, it helps keep the gun from swaying back and forth when youre drawing the weapon.I understand why cops use the shoulder rig, its very comfy for carry, but its a pain to conceal in some circumstances. Good luck!

Member #
    Liked
    216 times
    IMO I would not want to Conceal carry my PT92 , But there are two different systems for shoulder rigs. Basically two different ways to carry , You can carry Horizontally , or vertically.
    If I was to attempt a shoulder holster I would prefer the Vertical option , looks easier to conceal , and easier to draw if necessary.

Name:  468676473_o.jpg
Views: 4791
Size:  134.4 KBName:  $(KGrHqMOKkEE1vjFW JIBNuw 24IE!~~_35.JPG
Views: 1415
Size:  15.9 KB

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Wow, thanks for the fast response guys. The Tuxedo holster looks like exactly what I was looking for, and I am indeed planning on vertical carry.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4221 times
    While expensive, Galco has some excellent shoulder-rigs.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    i carry my pt92 in the winter time, and any time im wearing a jacket or coat. im a big ole boy and even my wife didnt know i was carrying for months. i use the tuxedo style holster. it is very comfortable, considering you are carrying a large auto holding 18 rounds and 2 loaded mags . i do only use this setup in winter, because it is even a little hot around the collar, literally. i do like the thumb strap that holds the gun secured, to be on the inside, closest to the chest. it allows you to snap the release with your thumb as you draw the firearm. the reversed setup is truly a setup to get used to.
    Full custom pt92 race gun
    Stock 24/7 for c.c."
    Let nothing walk, shoot everything"
    "Bullets are cheap, shoot him again"
    "why do i do these things? its the rush"

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    FMCO LOAD BEARING SHOULDER HOLSTER FOR MAC 10, MAC 11, COBRAY M11/9MM, COBRAY M12, MASTERPIECE ARMS MPA 10, MPA 30, MPA 930 MINI, UZI PISTOL, MICRO UZI, DESERT EAGLE, BERETTA M92, COLT 1911,SIG-SAUER 220 226, GLOCK 18, MACHINEGUN, SUBMACHINEGUN
    Name:  H004.JPG
Views: 2490
Size:  13.0 KBName:  H005.JPG
Views: 2294
Size:  15.7 KB
    I've been looking at these for awhile. The magazine side does have that tie down you mentioned you don't like, but using it would be optional and could be cinched up out of the way.

I like the fact that as an option, you could have extra mag pouches or a silencer pouch added to it.

Moderator in Memorium 1940-2014

Member #
    Liked
    25615 times
    Consider one of these:

Pacific Canvas & Leather Co. INC
    It's a copy of the M3 holster made for U.S. Armed forces. Though made to carry the 1911. the PT92 should fit as well.
    Hard to tell from the photo but it has only one strap that crosses your chest diagonally.
    You can sometimes find copies on E-Bay cheap.
    Always expect stupidity. You'll rarely be disappointed.

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Hm, I've checked these out, looks like the Bianchi's the best bet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Links