Member #
    Liked
    1247 times
    I'll stick w/ my 709s....

Member #
    Liked
    955 times
    Bersa. BP9cc.

A hair bigger than a CW9. Shipping soon.

Looking forward to this one...

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I find it interesting how the price point for these small guns keep dropping. Even Kahr produced a lower price small 9mm to keep up. When I first decided to get a small 380, I went with the TCP since it was "only" $320 and was a great value. I have recently replaced it with a Bodyguard 380 with a new purchase price of $300. (was $475 at the time of TCP purchase).

Don't get me wrong, I love the lower prices and various selections. These new guns are priced where HiPoint, KelTec, and others were just a few years ago. (not trying to make any other comparisions other than price!!)

Member #
    Liked
    6469 times
    Quote Originally Posted by troutkiller View Post
    Bersa. BP9cc.

YEP, this may very well be the "Giant Killer" of the other manufatcures guns!
    IF its as good as the bersa's now on the market and lighter and in the same price area it can likely be the real sleeper coming on board.
    I always reccomend the bersa thunder for a beginner thats looking for a small semi auto carry pistol, they simply work and don't cost a fortune.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    6469 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tburkett View Post
    I find it interesting how the price point for these small guns keep dropping. Even Kahr produced a lower price small 9mm to keep up. When I first decided to get a small 380, I went with the TCP since it was "only" $320 and was a great value. I have recently replaced it with a Bodyguard 380 with a new purchase price of $300. (was $475 at the time of TCP purchase).

Don't get me wrong, I love the lower prices and various selections. These new guns are priced where HiPoint, KelTec, and others were just a few years ago. (not trying to make any other comparisions other than price!!)
    Well of coure Taurus drove that price down with the TCP738 and including 2 magazines and a case for 300-329.
    then as the market got pretty well saturated with choices they needed to drop the prices to compete, when you make so many similiar weapons then competition deictates a price drop, course you don't see prices dropping on the Sig 238 cause there isn't any single action pocket pistol competition out there.
    the same thing is happening in the pocket 9 MM guns, thats why i don't really understand beretta and Sig coming out so late in the game with pocket 9mm?
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.

Member #
    Liked
    12284 times
    Quote Originally Posted by troutkiller View Post
    Bersa. BP9cc.

You Bersa fans should enjoy this. So should anyone else who likes some really cool slow motion video.

aphdmansoc likes this.
    "The marksman aims primarily at himself"
    - Zen saying

Member #
    Liked
    6469 times
    NEAT!!
    I like that its got a built in Beer bottle opener under the front of the barrel too!
    that would save me some pocket space!

Supporting Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    6541 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tburkett View Post
    IMO, I love the pocket 380s for the purpose they serve. Not my range gun (Glock 19), not my preferred carry gun (Glock 26), but my TCP gets carried more frequently than my preferred carry gun due to convenience. I am carrying more frequently than I ever did before due to the light weight and small size.

If I could only have one handgun, it would not be a 380, but it is a great addition to my collection.

I have been tempted to get a KelTec PF9, just to keep in the truck...
    My sentiments exactly. My LCP is my DAILY carry (never leave home without it) b/c requires no effort to conceal it - goes into the pocket like keys, wallet, etc. And when in the mood to carry more - one of my milpros rides shotgun.
    NRA Lifetime Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government. - GEORGE WASHINGTON
    "A democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not"
    - THOMAS JEFFERSON

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olfarhors View Post
    thats why i don't really understand beretta and Sig coming out so late in the game with pocket 9mm?
    Agreed, you have to wonder how much market share they gave up by being so late, and now having to compete on even lower prices as well....
    Kinda hard to play catchup unless you have something unique or attractive. (none of the newest 9mm seem to offer anything unique?)

Member #
    Liked
    1956 times
    I guess I'm old-fashioned. I learned that the 9mm was the smallest caliber to do significant damage and so that's the way I've gone.
    I had an S&W 642 revolver for a while and it would fit in a pocket but by the time I could get it out the shooting would be over. so I carry a 9mm in an IWB holster and its available right now.

To each his own, I s'pose.
    Ancient Airman, WWII, Korea
    PT-111 Mil PRO - Evita,
    24/7 PRO DS - Sweetie,
    24/7 PRO C DS - Maxine,
    S&W 60-4 - The Old Man
    PT 1911 - Gilda, the Golden Girl,
    NRA

"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
    - George Washington

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Links