Thread: Holster

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Holster

Hello all,

I just got a new Rossi 351 .38 (snub nose 2 in. barrel), does anyone know of a good holster to carry this arm for concelment. I am not looking for leather, perfer nylon or other non-leather material. I've searched the net with 1,000's of hits, but rather just the forum experts.
    "On every question of construction [of the Constitution] let us carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text, or invented against it, conform to the probable one in which it was passed." Thomas Jefferson

Moderator Emeritus

Member #
    Liked
    945 times

Re: Holster

Fobus makes one for that model. Just about anyone that fits a 5 shot J frame should fit. Galco, Bianchi, Uncle Mikes, and about a dozen or so guys that were mentioned in other thread here.
    ROBBY
    Board Of Directors KC3 http://www.kc3.com/index.html
    NRA Member, GOA Member, NAGR member

Moderator Emeritus

Member #
    Liked
    945 times

Don Hume leathers makes a nice selection of holsters. I wanted a high rise holster that stays close to the body. I ordered their
    H710 Don Hume First Agent (H710) Holster, which while not mentioning Rossi directly fits all of that size gun, and I ordered another of the same model to fit my PT111.
    I of course did not want a retention device on my holsters, as I no longer run more than to the Bath room. But to back myself up on my decision I did order from Fobus, the TA85 paddle model, which is specifically mentioned for the 351/352 Rossi.
    ROBBY
    Board Of Directors KC3 http://www.kc3.com/index.html
    NRA Member, GOA Member, NAGR member

Super Moderator Emeritus

Member #
    Liked
    88 times

Holsters are addressed in the concealed carry section, therefore I am moving the thread
    [size=14pt]Senior Grand Master Tin Can Shooter and Paper Target Puncher[/size]

PT1911: Burnished Slide,
    Colobolo Grips,
    Millett 100
    Low Profile rear
    PT145: with HIVIZ
    Front Sight
    Browning
    Hi-Power,
    Green sealed
    Fiber Optic

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    4775 times

i'd go with Don Hume http://www.donhume.com/index.cfm good price I have ther catalog at home or Fobus I have all three Kydex, nylon, and leather i like them all and use them for different cloths that I wear.
    When I moved to the south I just didn't bring my things . By the grace of GOD he brought my soul!!"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

PT 1911,pt 24/7 45 C DS, M-85

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Hello from NC!!
    I have an H&K usp compact in .45 cal. with a Gunmate
    (nylon) pancake holster, and carry daily.
    Very comfortable. Has a 11/2" wide metal clip and belt guides to hold it steady. It's made for wearing externally on a belt, but I also wear it inside the pants using just the metal clip to secure the holster. With this setup I wear a wide leather belt, or, a wide nylon belt for comfort. Works very well for me.
    Difficult to reholster though...takes both hands.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

+1 0n the Fobus. I had one for my M85 and I loved it. When the 85 became my pocket gun/BUG, I didn't use it so much. I reluctantly sold it to my girlfriend's brother-in-law, and now I have to get another one. Fortunately they are one of the great holster bargains out there.
    "You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once." —Robert A. Heinlein

Links