Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
  1. #1
    Member
    Member #
    11182
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Lake Worth Fla.
    Posts
    85
    Liked
    0 times

    How Do most carry taurus model 85?

    I am looking for a concealed owb holster for my model 85 that will hide under loose t shirt or
    open not tucked button down.I'm not a big fan of iwb.Any suggestions on holsters? Thanks for all the help
    that's sent! Any pics would be even better.
    Keep The Shiney Side Up
    99 Harley Superglide
    NRA Member
    Want a Model 65 bad!
    Glock 19 3rd Gen.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Member #
    7683
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    102
    Liked
    0 times

    Re: How Do most carry taurus model 85?

    I don't have pics, but I carry mine OWB in a Don Hume JIT slide. It keeps the 85 high and snug. A great holster!

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Member #
    12598
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    112
    Liked
    44 times

    Re: How Do most carry taurus model 85?

    No pics either. I carry my 85UL in an Uncle Mike's Super Belt Slide Holster, model #36. It rides nice on the belt and hides well under an untucked shirt. I also have a Simply Rugger Silver Dollar Pancake holster on order. It is in leather witch I like best. I got the Uncle Mike's from Ebay for something around $20 to $24. I wear my gun from the time that I get up till the time that I go to bed.

    I don't like IWB either. I don't worry about a little patterning of the gun. Most people never look at you to see if you are carrying. They aren't trained to do that. Carry your gun and feel safe.

    From the hills of WV!!!
    TLG1
    67 years old
    CCP in WV

  4. #4
    Member
    Member #
    11182
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Lake Worth Fla.
    Posts
    85
    Liked
    0 times

    Re: How Do most carry taurus model 85?

    Thanks for your suggestions guys.I'm ok with carrying OWB and printing a little,no biggie for me.
    Maybe will have a little print issue w/t's but otherwise no problem.
    Keep The Shiney Side Up
    99 Harley Superglide
    NRA Member
    Want a Model 65 bad!
    Glock 19 3rd Gen.

  5. #5
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    6072
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    South Texas
    Posts
    3,315
    Liked
    1796 times

    Re: How Do most carry taurus model 85?


    not to be obstinate, but I carry my 851UL (same dimensions) in my front pocket. Use a Blackhawk Nbr 3 nylon pocket holster.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Member #
    88
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Olympia, WA
    Posts
    4,448
    Liked
    1419 times

    Re: How Do most carry taurus model 85?

    Quote Originally Posted by Golfin Gator
    I don't have pics, but I carry mine OWB in a Don Hume JIT slide. It keeps the 85 high and snug. A great holster!
    Quote Originally Posted by TLG1
    No pics either. I carry my 85UL in an Uncle Mike's Super Belt Slide Holster, model #36. It rides nice on the belt and hides well under an untucked shirt. I also have a Simply Rugger Silver Dollar Pancake holster on order. It is in leather witch I like best. I got the Uncle Mike's from Ebay for something around $20 to $24. I wear my gun from the time that I get up till the time that I go to bed.

    I don't like IWB either. I don't worry about a little patterning of the gun. Most people never look at you to see if you are carrying. They aren't trained to do that. Carry your gun and feel safe.

    From the hills of WV!!!
    I use both of these holsters and they serve me very well. The Don Hume® J.I.T. Slide™ conceals better; Uncle Mikes® is more secure.
    David
    CW3, U.S. Army (Ret)
    09/26/1968-05/31/1990
    Vietnam Veteran - 2 Tours

    Vulnerata, Fortis, Dignus Veterani

    Only two defining forces ever died for you:
    1. Jesus Christ.
    2. The American Soldier, Sailor, Airman, & Marine.
    One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.
    1Cross + 3Nails = 4Given
    _______________________________________________

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Member #
    11563
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    110
    Liked
    0 times

    Re: How Do most carry taurus model 85?

    Quote Originally Posted by chuck_in_texas
    not to be obstinate, but I carry my 851UL (same dimensions) in my front pocket. Use a Blackhawk Nbr 3 nylon pocket holster.
    Ditto, but I use an Uncle Mike's #3 pocket holster for my 85CHUL. I've got a Kholster IWB, but I rarely use it - front pocket carry is my preference. With an untucked shirt, it's virtually unnoticeable.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Member #
    88
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Olympia, WA
    Posts
    4,448
    Liked
    1419 times

    Re: How Do most carry taurus model 85?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ogre
    Ditto, but I use an Uncle Mike's #3 pocket holster for my 85CHUL. I've got a Kholster IWB, but I rarely use it - front pocket carry is my preference. With an untucked shirt, it's virtually unnoticeable.
    I've used one of those for over 20 years.
    David
    CW3, U.S. Army (Ret)
    09/26/1968-05/31/1990
    Vietnam Veteran - 2 Tours

    Vulnerata, Fortis, Dignus Veterani

    Only two defining forces ever died for you:
    1. Jesus Christ.
    2. The American Soldier, Sailor, Airman, & Marine.
    One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.
    1Cross + 3Nails = 4Given
    _______________________________________________

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Member #
    1861
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    723
    Liked
    8 times

    Re: How Do most carry taurus model 85?

    Mod. 36 in a Bianchi (sp) clip on inside the belt cross draw.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Member #
    1005
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Alabama Foothills
    Posts
    7,039
    Liked
    3300 times

    Re: How Do most carry taurus model 85?

    Are you carrying while riding? If so, you might try an ankle holster. They work well in a riding position. One of my Model 85 holsters is just a cheap padded nylon ambi holster with a belt clip. I can carry it dropped down a boot leg or clipped on my belt.

    I know you are not wild about IWB, but the CrossBreed Super Tuck, MiniTuck and Quik Clip are the most comfortable concealment holsters I have ever worn and it is great Small of the Back on a Bike.

    4 Dead in Benghazi while Cowards watched. 4 Dead in Benghazi while the Media hid. 4 Dead Heroes who died for those who do not care. 4 Dead in Benghazi and who will pay. 4 Dead in Benghazi and Hilliary screams, "What does it matter?" while the cowards rule.

 

 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

holster for taurus model 85
,
taurus 85 carry options
,
taurus 85 concealed carry
,

taurus 85 concealed carry holster

,
taurus model 85 concealed carry
,
taurus model 85 concealed carry holster
,
taurus model 85 concealed holster
,

taurus model 85 for ccw

,

taurus model 85 holster

,
taurus model 85 holsters
Click on a term to search for related topics.