Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

CCW Pants - Holster(s) Built In

I apologize if this has been brought up previously, but I did not find it during a quick search. I just returned from the 2010 SHOT show in Las Vegas where my company had a booth. While checking out the vendors, I came across a husband & wife team who have developed pants specifically to carry CCW. They have holsters built in both front pockets with an opening system to "release" quickly if you have to draw.

I am not affiliated in anyway with them, but thought it quite a novel idea. After seeing the husband carry a (fake blue) 1911 in their dress pant version, I was impressed. Has anyone else seen these? It seemed to be something new. I need to dig out the card I received for the website but it was innovative to say the least. They are looking for dealers to get established so I wish them well.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times

Re: CCW Pants - Holster(s) Built In

Haven't seen them. I'm not much on carrying full size pistols in pants pockets.

FWIW, carrying a four or five ounce blue gun is one thing; a fully loaded 1911 is another matter, IMHO.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Yes that is a very good point. The casual dress pants they were showing did conceal the size of some larger pistols very well (these pants were not directed at just "pocket pistols" but larger weapons as well), but as you pointed out, there was no weight of a loaded gun to see how that affected the wear/concealment/comfort, etc. I do hope it works out for them though, a really neat design. Cargo and denim versions are in the works but those were just displays, not completed enough to be for sale or demonstrations when I saw them.

I have however left off the name of the company so my post does not appear to be spam. Just wanted to inform those looking that something different (new to me anyways) was soon becoming available. Much like the holster type T-shirts, a different approach to CCW. I personally have not had the pleasure of trying either so no first hand experiences (yet?).

Great point Majorlk, I always appreciate your thoughts.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times

I have a feeling anyone trying to carry a full size pistola in a pants pocket is going to need more than a belt to hold them up.

In my old age I have started wearing dress suspenders (in addition to my belt) so I don't keep having to pull my pants up over my little potbelly. I discovered the side benefit is they are an excellent support for my holsters, as well. I wear them over dress shirts, but under polo shirts and sweaters. And I can loosen my belt one notch and be more comfortable, too.

http://www.perrysuspenders.com/persus.html

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

It's hard for me to imagine any of these gimmicks replacing a good holster.
    NRA Life Member

Member #
    Liked
    5 times

The first thing I thought of is you would have to wear suspenders, a full size 1911 is pretty heavy. you would still need some way of securing the weapon so it wasn't just floping around in a pocket.
    PT 101
    627SS6
    PT 1911
    PT 145 Pro

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    24568 times

Was it these?

http://totersjeans.com/

I bought a pair of these a few years ago. Comfortable pants, and I still wear them, but not the greatest for holstering a pistol, at least for me. Also at $75 a pair their a bit on the expensive side.
    ​Venimus, vidimus, nos explodit.

There is nothing in life so bad or so awful that it cannot be made infinitely worse by a lawyer.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Hmmm, that TotersJeans.com link doesn't seem to be working. At least, it didn't work when I tried it earlier today...

Member #
    Liked
    29 times

It isn't those. I saw a link to the pants the OP is talking about on another forum. I can't remember what the company was called, or I would post a link. I'll see if I can find it on that forum and post.

Edit: Found it. http://www.ccwbreakaways.com
    In a world of talkers, be a thinker and a doer.

Duct tape is like 'The Force'. It has a light side and a dark side, and it binds the universe together.

You know the other funny thing about duct tape? There are hundreds of uses, but it's not used for ducts. Go figure...

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

I guess this is a neat idea, but at $89.99/pair, i will stick with my wrangler cargoes (19.99 at target). i can fit a p-11 (minus piny extension) in a nemisis pocket holster in these pockets and i disappears. its nice when it is hot enough to not want an under shirt and t-shirt or cover.
    non satis scire

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links