Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clipdraw?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Clipdraw?

Hello, This is my first post. I have a Taurus Mil Pro 9mm. Im still awaiting my CHL from the SO. I have an uncle mikes holster for IWB carry and it creates a non-acceptable bulge on my clothing. Has anyone tryed a Clipdraw ( http://www.clipdraw.com/ ) I saw one on another forum and was wondering if anyone has any opinions on it. Will it damage the finish on my weapon? Is it secure? Does it effect the perfonmance?

Does anyone have any sugestions as to IWB holsters that will not bulge clothing? Im new to this stuff.

Thanks for any information!
    Taurus Mil Pro 9mm

Moderator Emeritus

Member #
    Liked
    940 times

Re: Clipdraw?

Clothes with more room in them?? Ok, you do not have to go overboard, but I can wear a 34 pants, and use a 36 waist for most pants now. I normally wear a medium to large shirt, so I went to large or XL depending on the style.

There are so many different styles of holster, for IWB, and OWB that do not show very much at all. "BELIEVE IT OR NOT MOST PEOPLE DO NOT SEE THE BULGE THAT YOU SEE!!"

I personally hate Uncle Mikes, but they are inexpensive to buy. The two I do have, cost less than $15.00 each. While some people like clipdraws, I would not want to permanently attach anything to my PT111, it can be done but really no reason too.

Go to a gun store, or gun show, they will let you try holsters with your gun, and even assist you if need be. You can do this without buying. I was looking for a new IWB this morning, and got lots of help in gun store, even though I did not buy.

Oh, and as to showing, I wore two guns at the last gun show, Fri and Sat, one IWB, and one OWB, and no one even saw them. One lady asked if I ever carried, and was shocked when I pulled up my shirt so she could see both guns, (I did have a T shirt on, so it was not a strip.)
    ROBBY
    Board Of Directors KC3 http://www.kc3.com/index.html
    NRA Member, GOA Member, NAGR member

Member #
    Liked
    26 times

They're inexpensive and can be removed with no damage to your slide. Could be worth a try???
    US Army Vet 1965-1971

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Thanks for the info guys.

Z06 You said it can be removed with no damage to the slide? I know it is held on by adhesive tape. Have you (or anyone for that matter) removed one before? Is it difficult? Im just scared to damage the new finish on my brand new weapon.

Taurus Mil Pro 9mm

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

You might want to check your state laws because some states require a holster. And welcome to the forum!
    Let us never forget that government is ourselves and not an alien power over us. The ultimate rulers of democracy are not a president and senators and government officials, but the voters of this country. Franklin Delano Roosevelt

The time has come to stop talking the talk and start walking the walk.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times

I tried the ClipDraw many years ago on a couple of small pistols. After a couple of days trying to carry with the things, I took them off and threw them in the junk box. I can't imagine one on a gun as heavy as the MilPro series, no matter what the advertising says.

Spend the money of a good IWB holster and you'll be surprised at the difference in carrying. I recommend the SuperTuck from CrossBreed Holsters, Ugly as homemade sin, but the most comfortable holster I've ever worn.

www.crossbreedholsters.com

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

I tried a stick on clip draw with a Kel-Tec. It worked, but because of the plate that is glue on and then the clip screws to it, it was difficult to get the clip started over the edge of my jeans. Had to work at it too much for my taste. As a matter or fact I found a package of them this afternoon. Silly me I'm thinking of trying it on my Pt111. I wouldn't use one one a blued gun, too much sweat causing rust..I may just package these up and sell them. I have blued and stainless I think.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

I also carry a PT111, check out kholster.com yes it is a ugly hunk of leather, but you can do some triming as I did and it is not a bad iwb holster for the money.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

I had a ClipDraw on my 1911 and loved it. I think it's worth the cash and it made a big difference in the carry bulge compared to my IWB holster.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

I use the clipdraw on my Taurus Ti .357 and love it , I wear it all year in all kinds of pants. very comfortable and only $20
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links