Desantis nemesis + TCP = NOGO
    Member #
    Liked
    604 times

Desantis nemesis + TCP = NOGO

Ahh why!!! I just got a nemesis pocket holster and it doesn't work. The slide release catches on the inside seam and pulls the holster out. Back to academy it goes. I'll just end up making my own leather wallet holster this weekend.

Member #
    Liked
    358 times
    I have a DeSantis Superfly G3 for my TCP, I can recommend it.
    http://www.mkgandhi.org/nonviolence/...he%20sword.htm

...When my eldest son asked me what he should have done, had he been present when I was almost fatally assaulted in 1908, whether he should have run away and seen me killed or whether he should have used his physical force which he could and wanted to use, and defended me, I told him that it was his duty to defend me even by using violence. Gandhi.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4427 times
    I second the superfly. Holds to the pocket much better.
    Owner Taurus PT740 Slim
    Kimber Compact Stainless II
    SW BodyGuard .380
    Windham Weaponry AR-15 SRC
    Mosin Negant
    Florida CWP
    GOA Member
    Florida Carry Member
    New NRA Life Member

"...the opinion which gives to the judges the right to decide what laws are constitutional and what not, not only for themselves in their own sphere of action but for the Legislature and Executive also in their spheres, would make the Judiciary a despotic branch."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    38841 times
    My TCP resides nicely in a $10.00 gun show special Ace Case. Stays where I put it and works for me.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Taurusarmed.net Where are you map?

Member #
    Liked
    6553 times
    I made this holster many years ago and it was one of the first that I made as they are the easiest holster to make.

I can give you some things I found out making these:

1. Flat side goes to the outside to break up the outline (mine looks like a cell phone in my pocket and yes, I am a lefty).
    2. The paddle, or hook, is used to catch the edge of your pocket on drawing to pull the holster off. You will need to practice this. You can use your trigger finger to partially push the holster off before you draw.
    3. Sometimes that holster won't come off during the draw, so make sure you can fire it still in the holster and that firing throws the holster off.
    4. If you cover that slide release, it will cut a hole in your holster quickly.
    5. NEVER carry anything else in the pocket with your pistol.
    6. I cover my rear sights as it is just another snag if I don't.
    7. I noticed absolutely no difference if I made these rough side out, or not.

Start with a paper template to layout the shape of your leather. I wrap my pistol in SaranWrap and make a wood cutout around the trigger guard to clamp the wet leather to a flat surface (usually another board) over the pistol. You will need to make sure that the wood cutout is not thicker than the pistol. Then take a piece of closed cell foam, like from a Wally World Yoga mat, lay it over the top of the pistol and clamp another piece of wood over it. This will make the wet leather shape itself to the pistol. Just let everything dry. You can glue, rivet or sew the holster together after it is formed. I use a heated combination of wax, mink oil, and whatever dye I want to use, that I dip the whole holster into. Pull the holster out wipe it off and let it sit until it hardens. This will make the holster water proof, slick, the color you want, and it will never change shape on you. It is something I learned when making knife sheaths.

The first one I made I accidentally made it right handed. I gave it to a right handed friend of mine and it fit his Ruger TCP perfectly. Last time I talked to him he said he still carries that TCP in it.
    Last edited by GreenWolf70; 01-08-2017 at 11:53 AM.
    4 Dead in Benghazi while Cowards watched Overhead. 4 Dead in Benghazi while the Media hid. 4 Dead Heroes who died for those who do not care. 4 Dead in Benghazi and who will pay. 4 Dead in Benghazi and Hilliary screams, "What does it matter?" while the cowards rule.

I went to see the Movie "13 Hours" and you should too. They died and Hilliary lied. No protests, no video, just an Al Qaida attack.

Sponsored Links