Cocked unlocked pocket rocket - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Cocked unlocked pocket rocket

Supporting Member

Member #
    Between the Trinity and Brazos Rivers in the real Lonesome Dove.
    Liked
    6678 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CWB View Post
    What a strange concept. I own two pistols that don't have a safety and they are both revolvers.

And I agree with 45 forever. The only thing I have in my pocket with my PT709 is my hand, and I carry the 709 with a round in the chamber, uncocked, with the safety on.
    At least the 709 HAS a safety! That Pocket Rocket would make my junk nervous!
    TexasAviator and NativeTexan like this.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford

"Among a people generally corrupt, liberty cannot long exist." - Edmund Burke

Sand Lake 2014 TA Gathering
    Sand Lake 2016 TA Gathering
    Rapid City 2016 TA Gathering

Member #
    Liked
    85 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CWB View Post
    What a strange concept. I own two pistols that don't have a safety and they are both revolvers.

And I agree with 45 forever. The only thing I have in my pocket with my PT709 is my hand, and I carry the 709 with a round in the chamber, uncocked, with the safety on.
    How do you get the 709 to double action with a round in the chamber?

Member #
    Liked
    3478 times
    I just took a look at my LCP II. There is no rearward movement of the hammer at all the trigger breaks and the hammer falls, that's it. Still, I'm not afraid to carry it. I agree it needs a holster. I'm using the one that came with it now, ordered one fitted to the firearm though. It should be here by the middle to end of the month.
    45 Forever likes this.
    Ostendo Non Ostendo

A citizen may not be required to offer a ‘good and substantial reason’ why he should be permitted to exercise his rights.
    The right’s existence is all the reason he needs.” —Federal Judge Benson Everett Legg

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    575 times
    Wow guys I have no idea where you got the idea I carry with no holster or that my carry method is better than yours. That's pretty much your own speculation and made up ideas.

I was merely informing for those who didn't know.

Of course I use a holster and you can carry how you want
    RobThatsMe likes this.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    21627 times
    Quote Originally Posted by aznboi3644 View Post
    Wow guys I have no idea where you got the idea I carry with no holster or that my carry method is better than yours. That's pretty much your own speculation and made up ideas.

I was merely informing for those who didn't know.

Of course I use a holster and you can carry how you want

Maybe it was in your OP where you said you have no qualms about pocket carry but some do. I've never heard anybody express "qualms" about pocket carry with a holster, but I've sure heard plenty about pocket carry with no holster.

I personally wouldn't pocket carry without a holster either. And, a holster that covers the trigger completely.
    You all may go to hell, and I will go to Texas - Davy Crockett

"Say When." - Doc Holliday

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA member and proud Texas LTC holder

Member #
    Liked
    575 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg_R View Post
    I just took a look at my LCP II. There is no rearward movement of the hammer at all the trigger breaks and the hammer falls, that's it. Still, I'm not afraid to carry it. I agree it needs a holster. I'm using the one that came with it now, ordered one fitted to the firearm though. It should be here by the middle to end of the month.
    Yours may not but mine does. As for carry I never carry any gun outside my property without a holster. I'll Mexican carry my 1911 to take the trash out or go to the garage to get something or get something from the car.
    Last edited by aznboi3644; 01-06-2017 at 09:12 PM.

JR
    Member #
    Liked
    7904 times
    It's funny that after 35 years of Glocks, many with 3# triggers, anyone could still muster any conversation about safeties.

To me, the only safety that matters in carrying is the one between your ears. We teach to not put your finger on the trigger until you are on target. Yet, adding in an almost instinctive motion to release a safety on a gun is considered "hard"? Glocks won't fire, no matter the trigger pull, unless you, or some object move the trigger. As far as I've seen, short of a WWII Nambu (or Taurus included in the recall), most guns are the same.

Guns are meant to be carried in a holster for many reasons, safety among the best. In a pocket, they shift around if the pocket is large enough that they don't print. The holster can also muffle the sound of a light hit while maneuvering around things. It can also, in the case of a slip, trip, or fall, keep the gun IN the pocket. The same things can occur with both IWB carry.

Why anyone would consider carrying a concealed gun without a holster is beyond me. The old "slip it in my pocket for a run to the choke-and-rob" would seem to run counter to everything we say we're taight. Position in that pocket is going to be different every time without a holster. That makes a smooth presentation a pipe-dream, and slows it down markedly.
    Last edited by JR; 01-10-2017 at 05:07 AM.
    AZM66 likes this.
    "The past is another country, he did things differently there."

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    6901 times
    Sometimes an opinion especially expressed by many is advice to someone new to carrying a weapon. It is not just an opinion but something to consider by people that do this for a living or have specific training. If you took a carry class and a instructor told you to do this and you don't and end up shooting your butt off it's not just another opinion but sincere advice. Many of us share are opinions. But most agree on the basics such as keep your finger off the trigger. And. Carrying your gun safely. You really don't want to be on the 5:00 news saying I dropped my gun in a Walmart bathroom.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    When I moved to the south I just didn't bring my things . By the grace of GOD he brought my soul!!"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

PT 1911,pt 24/7 45 C DS, M-85

JR
    Member #
    Liked
    7904 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 45 Forever View Post
    Sometimes an opinion especially expressed by many is advice to someone new to carrying a weapon. It is not just an opinion but something to consider by people that do this for a living or have specific training. If you took a carry class and a instructor told you to do this and you don't and end up shooting your butt off it's not just another opinion but sincere advice. Many of us share are opinions. But most agree on the basics such as keep your finger off the trigger. And. Carrying your gun safely. You really don't want to be on the 5:00 news saying I dropped my gun in a Walmart bathroom.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Oh, I can agree with part of that. The problem is WHEN you received your training, and from who. Things have changed markedly, and repeatedly, over the past couple of decades. What works for a high-speed military unit may be inappropriate for a civilian shooter, if only because it requires constant practice to maintain competency. Police training is also going to become an issue when you consider that Police Officers have more leeway in the employment of their weapons than most civilians do.

Then, there's the interpretations in advice, especially after it's been around a while.

There's also where you draw the line about advice. New shooters can be unduly influenced by the bias of an instructor. We've had threads here where instructors counseled against using revolvers, or Taurus guns, or certain holsters. Advice, no matter how well meaning, is most often worth what you paid for it.

We have some great instructors today. Some are great for Police, some are great for military, and some are great for the civilian, non-sworn, carrier. We need to make sure that the advice we give, or get, comes from someone who understands which category we fit into.
    "The past is another country, he did things differently there."

Member #
    Liked
    371 times
    I use this for my PT-22.

https://www.remoraholsterstore.com/iwb-holsters/

I like that it helps break up the outline of the gun, and also I can wear it without clips. In my pocket, it stays put as a draw. The only thing I modified was adding my 'spare' multi-tool pocket knife to help further breakup the outline. Neither the holster nor the knife ever move in my pocket, so there is never any danger of an accidental discharge.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links