MN Drops AR, OH, OK and TN. . . MO Now Permitless Carry State
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: MN Drops AR, OH, OK and TN. . . MO Now Permitless Carry State

Member #
    Liked
    403 times

MN Drops AR, OH, OK and TN. . . MO Now Permitless Carry State

Missouri’s new law goes into effect 1/1/17 allowing permitless carry. Their new law doesn’t state you don’t need a permit but now states the Unlawful Carrying of a Firearm only applies to someone carrying a firearm into one of the places listed in state statute that is off limits by statute. Carry on posted private property is listed as a place off limits but that is the only place they have to ask you to leave first before a person carrying under permitless carry would be in violation of the law. You can see that listing
    http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/missouri.pdf or
    http://www.mshp.dps.missouri.gov/MSH...ts/SHP-863.pdf

The Minnesota BCA has released a new list of states Minnesota will Honor.
    https://dps.mn.gov/divisions/bca/bca...ciprocity.aspx
    They have removed Arkansas, Ohio, Oklahoma and Tennessee. Minnesota will no longer honor those four states permits. They stated this in the email they sent out.

“After researching the laws of other states and communicating with their representatives, four states are no longer eligible for reciprocity because their state laws include age and training exemptions that are “NOT similar” to Minnesota laws that mandate a minimum age of 21 and require specific Permit to Carry training for all applicants. These states are: Arkansas, Ohio, Oklahoma, and Tennessee.”

www.handgunlaw.us will be updated with the changes stated above early on January 1, 2017. Handgunlaw.us hopes the New Year brings you all you hope for!

Edit: I should have stated in my post that Arkansas, Ohio, Oklahoma and Tennessee will continue to honor Minnesota. Those four states honor all other states permit/licenses.

Last edited by GarySlider; 12-31-2016 at 09:08 AM.
    ncfarmer, Harry, NotSo and 4 others like this.
    Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network.

Member #
    Liked
    1357 times
    Which means Ohio now will probably not honor their permits. I'm pretty sure you still have to be 21 and take training to get an Ohio CHL. Granted the training is only 8 hrs, but that's still 5 hrs more than Minnesota's. There's some people in Ohio that would love for the CCW class to be 3 hrs.

https://www.buckeyefirearms.org/ohio...tion-checklist

Minnesota Conceal and Carry Permit Class | MN Firearms

Member #
    Liked
    13112 times
    When (D) Gary King was New Mexico's state attorney general, changes in reciprocity with other occurred on a regular, almost monthly, basis, based (it seemed) on how he was feeling and who he felt like upsetting that day. I asked a CCW instructor yesterday about similar recurring changes since (R) Governor Susana Martinez took office, he said nope, things have settled right down these past years. We really need to settle this national asylum-style mess for concealed carry and who honors whom. I don't want to step on any states' rights, but this has become ridiculous.
    jtg452 likes this.
    One should not carry a firearm that works well when everything goes right, but, rather one that will carry the day when everything goes wrong.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    253 times
    What probably happened with Ohio was Kasich signed into law that active military did not need a permit even if they were 18 years of age. They are the only ones allowed under 21. So in a way, Minnesota is dissing the military.

Maloy
    mingaa and RobThatsMe like this.

Member #
    Liked
    23484 times
    MO will still offer CCW and those with it (IMHO) should still be part of one of the largest reciprocity agreements in the US -- 38 states.
    I saw Constitutinal Carry coming and, while supporting it I (and many others) do. It is ant to see it jepordize existing reciprocal inter-state agreements.

INTER-State CCW should continue as it has been.

The advance of Constitutional carry within the state is a new addition and should not effect previous existing standards.
    Lmstncwby likes this.
    If we choose, we can live in a world of comforting illusion.
    .................................................. ...........................................
    Noam Chomsky

Member #
    Liked
    5188 times
    Thanks for the updates on state laws and keep them coming! I'm happy with the permitless
    carry in MIssouri, hopefully that will spread to other states.

CWB
    Member #
    Iowa native now living in Missouri on the edge of the Ozarks
    Liked
    22449 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mingaa View Post
    MO will still offer CCW and those with it (IMHO) should still be part of one of the largest reciprocity agreements in the US -- 38 states.
    I saw Constitutinal Carry coming and, while supporting it I (and many others) do. It is ant to see it jepordize existing reciprocal inter-state agreements.

INTER-State CCW should continue as it has been.

The advance of Constitutional carry within the state is a new addition and should not effect previous existing standards.
    I certainly have no plan to allow my permit to expire. Without that permit you can't carry in reciprocal states.

I'm also glad to see we went to Stand Your Ground. I'm too old to fight and too fat to fly so I only have one option.
    Last edited by CWB; 12-30-2016 at 09:23 PM.
    NotSo, Fishinkeylargo and mingaa like this.
    μολὼν λαβέ

The safety is on the frame where God and John Moses Browning intended. - Unknown
    Federal HST, when you care enough to send the very best.

Member #
    Liked
    23484 times
    Yep. For me it will be life as usual. MO CCW - travel with 38 State reciprocity. The new additions are great BUT if they take away from existing agreements they are not working as intended. They are intended as advancements of gun rights!

New state laws -- great. Backing down inter-state reciprocity (until we have national Constitutional carry) = a big mistake and a step backwards WHILE attempting to right the boat!!!

Woah - stop, think and react!!!
    If we choose, we can live in a world of comforting illusion.
    .................................................. ...........................................
    Noam Chomsky

Member #
    Liked
    1718 times
    Early this coming year I was planning on taking an extended trip to camping sites all over the country, but it looks like I'll be restricted to about 30 states or so because of reciprocity.

34 states recognize my Ga. WCL, but I can't get to 3 of them (VT, NH, ME) because the state of NY keeps them isolated by blocking them off; I can't get from Pa., which accepts my license, to those other states that also accept my license, without going through NY, which doesn't.

Personally, I think it's foolish to travel our interstate system in the 21st century without protection; so it's sad to be unable to explore this great country and educate oneself culturally and geographically simply because a few misguided states think citizens are not entitled to protect themselves and their families.

I think it's even more foolish to do this unarmed when you're going places you're unfamiliar with; where you don't know the dangerous areas of the state you're entering.

And here's an unforeseen consequence I don't think gets recognized or considered much; all states appreciate tourism and the economic boost to local communities provided by it, and in this instance (and any others with similar circumstances since NY doesn't honor the permits of ANY other states), those states north of NY are being deprived of those tourism dollars not because of anything they did, but because NY keeps them cut off by not allowing permit holders to carry across their borders.
    Ironmagz likes this.

Victoria Faveat Paratam
    Ethos Anthropos Daimon

Member #
    Liked
    2546 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CWB View Post
    I certainly have no plan to allow my permit to expire. Without that permit you can't carry in reciprocal states.

I'm also glad to see we went to Stand Your Ground. I'm too old to fight and too fat to fly so I only have one option.
    You and me, bro.

Wonder if Trump will do anything about a federal CCW? With the federal government aligned like it is, there won't be a better time for something like that to pass.
    Whatever adjective or verb comes to mind, I am...NotSo.

One of my goals in life is to shoot more people on purpose than I do by accident. So far, so good.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links