How Many of You Carry without a Gun Belt? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: How Many of You Carry without a Gun Belt?

Member #
    Liked
    186 times
    Regular belt.

Member #
    Liked
    4163 times
    I wear a belt, but only to keep my pants on. I prefer pocket carry to any other method...works for me!
    ncfarmer and Fishinkeylargo like this.
    I'll give you to the count of three to get off my property...one, two, BANG!

Supporting Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    9315 times
    I do not have a crystal ball, therefore I don't know when I may need to move quickly. I can't do that without a belt. I learned a long time ago, Always Be Prepared.
    I'm still kicking so it must be working.

I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

I shoot to support my reloading habit

Until HE comes, or calls me home, here by the power of Christ, I'll stand.
    OBAMA
    Sand Lake & Rapid City 15, 16 and Lubbock 15

Member #
    Liked
    1890 times
    When I'm wearing shorts or sweat pants I have no belt; just a drawstring, and I'm in sweatpants now as I write this. I have my S&W M&P BODYGUARD 38 Special [#BG-38] in a Fobus® paddle holster on my right hip at 3 o'clock. I also use an MD-5 Sticky Holster® to carry it or my Taurus® Mdl 85SS2UL 38 special IWB at 4:30; or in a pocket.

I'm a size, weight, and age that I need a belt or suspenders when I wear jeans, Dockers®, or dress pants. Attired as such I use the same two holsters as mentioned above.
    Last edited by badge851; 12-23-2016 at 12:44 PM.
    David
    CW3, U.S. Army (Ret)
    09/26/1968-05/31/1990
    Vietnam Veteran - 2 Tours

Vulnerata, Fortis, Dignus Veterani
    كافر. المسلحة. جاهزة
    Only two defining forces ever died for you:
    1. Jesus Christ.
    2. The American Soldier, Sailor, Airman, & Marine.
    One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.
    1Cross + 3Nails = 4Given

Member #
    Liked
    22703 times
    I'm most commonly in cargo pants/shorts or jeans - slacks occasionally. My habit is TO wear a belt.
    Pocket carrying in cargo wear the belt helps offset the extra weight and keep pants where I want them. I usually carry 2 spare mags for a 7 or 8 +1 single stack 9mm.
    If I IWB with any I wear a 1.5" or 1.75" leather belt - usually with a Velcro closure. It's usually not a gun belt -- IWB carry is supported partially by the body.

OWB carry -- a gun belt is a must for me AND, I'd think anyone.
    If we choose, we can live in a world of comforting illusion.
    .................................................. ...........................................
    Noam Chomsky

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    8013 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ncfarmer View Post
    For whatever reason, I've always hated wearing belts except for when I
    dress up for special occasions. I know wearing a gun belt would make
    carrying a lot easier but I usually use a inside the waist band holster
    clipped to my pants at 4 o'clock. It does sag my pants whenever I
    carry something heavy like my RIA Officers 1911 or the Taurus 617
    but that's just me I guess. Do any of you wear a gun on your waist
    without a holster and how do you handle that situation?
    Well, you have me confused "How Many of You Carry without a Gun Belt?" & then the bold/underline in your quote - did you mean without a belt or Mexican carry (no holster, gun shoved into pants waistline)?

I never carry without a holster - never - unless walking to firing line at range. I use gun belt(s) and regular belts - the gun belts do a better job. I also carry in a Remora around the house and for quick runs outside the home on errands, but mostly OWB belt holster CC under untucked shirt or jacket. The Remora w/full sweat shield works well with my skivvies or drawstring pants/shorts provided it is against the skin - if against T-Shirt not so well - needs the skin to stay in place. Also have a couple of the 5.01 T-Shirts that really suck, but don't have to have a tight belt to use.
    (1) PT709 SS; (1) PT709FS; PT740 SS; PT140B Mil G2 Rec'd. 2/16/16; PT140 SS G2 Rec'd 9/14/16; PT111 SS Mil Pro Repaired Rec'd. 9/9/16
    PT24/7 PRO DS SS 9mm; PT24/7 Blk. CA .40S&W; PT24/7 PRO LS DS SS .40S&W
    PT92B-AF; PT92-AFS Tu-Tone; PT99B-AF; PT99-AFS; (2) PT100AFS; TRACKER M992B - 6.5" ;.M992SS - 4" .22LR/.22Mag; M17SS - 6.5" .17HMR
    S&W SD9VE SS; Sigma SW9VE SS; SD40VE SS; Sigma SW40VE SS; M&P40C Blk. SS; (1)TISAS Zigana Sport Two-Tone and (1) all Black; Texas CHL

Member #
    Liked
    5611 times
    I buy leather jeans belts, they tend to be thicker than normal and i haven't had any problems with them. I always use a holster either IWB or OWB depending on the gun. Only time my pants sag down is if I'm carrying one on my belt and a second in the pocket holster, but only when it's the 405 in the pocket.

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 7.0 LTE using Tapatalk
    "I am a better American today because of Barack Obama. Hear it loud, hear it clearly. I am a better American today because of Barack Obama. I know what my country has done, both good and bad. I have a deep appreciation of what this country is and what the American people are capable of. This is not a setback. This is a challenge and believe me, the American people are up to the challenge,...." -Glenn Beck

Member #
    Liked
    1043 times
    Depends on what I'm carrying and what I'm wearing. I can carry my TCP in just about anything, jeans, shorts, sweats without a belt. And I can carry my 740 in the back pocket of a pair of jeans without a belt; but will need the belt to carry it in most shorts.

Absolutely need a belt to carry my 617 or 845; but even if I didn't need the belt for support I'd still wear it to carry the speedloaders or extra mag.

Just bought a Hank's Xtreme gun belt for use with my Judge while hiking and camping.

Victoria Faveat Paratam
    Ethos Anthropos Daimon

Member #
    Liked
    131 times
    A good gun belt made all the difference for me!
    Geauga Bob, G8R8U2 and FreeInAZ like this.
    PT-1911 SS AR.
    M & P 9c
    Sigma 40ve. -
    S & W model 651 22lr/22mag

Member #
    Liked
    5129 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wino View Post
    Well, you have me confused "How Many of You Carry without a Gun Belt?" & then the bold/underline in your quote - did you mean without a belt or Mexican carry (no holster, gun shoved into pants waistline)?

I never carry without a holster - never - unless walking to firing line at range. I use gun belt(s) and regular belts - the gun belts do a better job. I also carry in a Remora around the house and for quick runs outside the home on errands, but mostly OWB belt holster CC under untucked shirt or jacket. The Remora w/full sweat shield works well with my skivvies or drawstring pants/shorts provided it is against the skin - if against T-Shirt not so well - needs the skin to stay in place. Also have a couple of the 5.01 T-Shirts that really suck, but don't have to have a tight belt to use.
    Sorry for the confusion. I meant to say without a belt in a holster. I often carry my
    gun in a IWB holster clipped to the waistband of my pants at 4 o'clock. I do pocket
    carry the Ruger LCP but that's the smallest gun I have.
    Last edited by ncfarmer; 12-20-2016 at 08:38 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links