Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

PT145 Blackhawk Holster ?

I know the Fobus line uses the same paddle holster [SP11B] for the PT145 and the Springfield XD 'Compact Style'.

I see also that Blackhawk has holsters [ level 2 ] for the Springfield.

Anybody try to use these Serpa holsters with thier Taurus?
    >

"You have guns, and so do we. You have powder and lead, so do we. Your men will fight, and so will ours, till the last drop of Seminole blood moistens this earth".
    Osceola, Seminole War leader 1836.

Super Moderator Emeritus

Member #
    Liked
    85 times

Re: PT145 Blackhawk Holster ?

Preacher, welcome to the group. I'm going to move this post to the concealed carry section since that is a more common place to discuss holster. Check there! Thanks
    [size=14pt]Senior Grand Master Tin Can Shooter and Paper Target Puncher[/size]

PT1911: Burnished Slide,
    Colobolo Grips,
    Millett 100
    Low Profile rear
    PT145: with HIVIZ
    Front Sight
    Browning
    Hi-Power,
    Green sealed
    Fiber Optic

Member #
    Liked
    7 times

I have the sp11b for my mil pro. It's designed to fit several guns including the XD and a Sig. If you look at the other Fobus holsters, The standard XD holster only fits the XD. I was looking for a Blackhawk for my milpro, but could not find anything definitive that showed they as of yet manufacture one. Most other holster makers list the milpro and XD seperately. The fobus sp11b is very different than the rest of their standard paddle line. It has an extra pad on the inside of the paddle, and also a tension adjustment screw. It also rides higher. It's not a bad choice for $25 until blackhawk decides to tool up for one.
    The field mouse is fast, but the owl sees at night..... http://jkwasblog.blogspot.com/

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

I guess I hadn't really examined it that far, to see that each company made mostly unique holsters. I was curious about additional retention if it was NOT concealed. This seems to be a wise choice.
    >

"You have guns, and so do we. You have powder and lead, so do we. Your men will fight, and so will ours, till the last drop of Seminole blood moistens this earth".

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

I just purchased a PT145 for my first gun, and i'm currently awaiting my CHL paperwork to be finalized. My question is in regards to the holster mentioned above. The SP11B where is this holster suggested to be worn? i.e. on a belt with your shirt pulled over? I'm just trying to find which holster would work best to conceal my PT145, and how they are normally worn.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

The Fobus SP11B is a 'paddle' holster. It has the holster over the beltline with a paddle inside your pants on the other side. I'll attach a picture.

It sits, strongside, right about 3:30-4:00 on your waist if beely button is 12:00. This is where some folks would wear a dangling keyring I guess. The handle of the pistol is upward of the beltline and the bottom or the holster and barrel do not go but maybe 2-3 inches below the beltline. It would need a cover garment like a vest or whatever for concealment.

Hope this helps.

>

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Thanks.. Can you think of a better holster for concealment purposes?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Well that is really up to you. You will probably end up like the rest of us with a box full of holsters.
    >

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

I have corresponded with Blackhawk Industries and so far they have no intentions of fabricating Blackhawk Serpa holsters for the Taurus Millenium Pro series. >
    http://signatures.myarmedforces.com/..._signature.png

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE! Don't ever take it forgranted!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Ok, so a lot of people have talked about the Black Hawk QCQ Serpa, and they say they don't make it for the PT111 Mil Pro but has anyone tried it? I just tried the XD model of the Uncle Mikes Kydex and it fit, and when comparing the 2 guns they are VERY close. Sportsmans is carrying them and I'm just waiting for them to get one in for the XD to try. I have read in several places iif it works for the XD it will work for the PT111 Mil Pro. Any Thoughts?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links