Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Words of Wisdom

2K views 13 replies 14 participants last post by  VegasGuy 
#1 ·
Great video with real food for thought for those of us that choose to carry.

#2 ·
Good for him! You have to protect yourself there are too many that will take your freedoms or your life!

#3 ·
That's awesome that he has survived all those gunfights. It's also a friggin' shame that you can't have and run a business without RUBBISH trying to take your merchandise and your life.

#7 ·
I firmly believe what this guy is saying. If your going to carry you need training.

Great job on reporting. This is why 2a is important.

But still, he is lucky to be alive.

#8 ·
That was awe inspiring. It is a miracle he is alive. He could just as easily be dead. I do think he made great points; not be a victim with unknown consequences, at the mercy of others and PRACTICE A LOT! Be PREPARED. I do think it is very sad that a gang of bad men were able to force him out of HIS business and that there apparently was nothing the law and prosecutors could do about it.
This is my idea of concealed carry. Use only in the event of "he dies or me dies".
Franklin

#9 ·
what a awsome story! sometimes i dont understand why in these areas where crinme is so prevelent why the authorities dont put together a huge raid and just take these scumbags down! it wouldnt take to much survailence to figure out who the scumbags are and just go in and bust the hell out of them. far as im concerned if they arnt going help society then they shouldnt have the freedoms of an american.

however perhaps what we really need is more responibly armed citizens that arnt gonna take the shit of these gangs and fight back like this man did. you have to wonder what evil things these same dead men have done in the past and would have done in the future. they feed off weakness and exploit it. like a bully on the playground until someone steps up and pops him in the nose he will keep at it getting more agressive and emboldened after every time.

look at all these shootings the past couple weeks, in a couple instances if someone had been armed perhaps lives could have been saved.

#10 ·
The man had the right idea - arm yourself and defend. However, if I were him - I would either move the store, or put a two door system in place where a person or persons enter the one door - it closes behind and then they have to press a button to be let in - this allows the store owner to 1.) see the profile of the person / persons wanting entrance (if they are baggy pants, young hip-hop looking dudes - maybe you say on the intercom - what do you want... and they will probably give some lame excuse - and then you can say sorry and sent them on their way. 2.) if the person(s) are let in the owner knows they are entering and can station himself accordingly if he senses any potential violence.

This story also should show the right of all law abiding citizens to carry a concealed weapon on them.

D

#12 ·
thirdangel said:
The man had the right idea - arm yourself and defend. However, if I were him - I would either move the store, or put a two door system in place where a person or persons enter the one door - it closes behind and then they have to press a button to be let in - this allows the store owner to 1.) see the profile of the person / persons wanting entrance (if they are baggy pants, young hip-hop looking dudes - maybe you say on the intercom - what do you want... and they will probably give some lame excuse - and then you can say sorry and sent them on their way. 2.) if the person(s) are let in the owner knows they are entering and can station himself accordingly if he senses any potential violence.

This story also should show the right of all law abiding citizens to carry a concealed weapon on them.

D
Just FYI, he put a two door system in.. says it about 6:10 in the video. After the third robbery

#14 ·
A very admirable man. :thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.