Have you Open Carried outside of your CC state of residence? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Have you Open Carried outside of your CC state of residence?

Member #
    Liked
    17603 times
    Yup, I OC'd all the way from my house to the Texas border last month and then back again. Nary a problem, nary a batted eye.
    silverblackman and jonrjen like this.

Ok guys, very funny, bring back the Constitution now...

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison

"Ignorance and arrogance are a lethal combination. Nowhere do we see that more clearly among writers and performers who pontificate as historians when they know nothing about history." -- Victor Davis Hanson

"It's your life, rise up and live it" -- Terry Goodkind

Supporting Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    9454 times
    I have carried concealed in my home State (NC), and every State between NC and Michigan, where my wife is from (Virginia, West Virginia and Ohio). We don't have OC in North Carolina, so, I am fairly used to CC. Never had any incidents. Oh, also Tennessee and South Carolina.
    jonrjen likes this.
    I strongly support gun control, how else are you going to hit anything?

USMC Military Police SRT 1976-1982
    LEO (Retired) 1982-2010
    NRA Life Member

In memory of Carlos "Whitefeather" Hathcock, miss you my friend.

Member #
    Liked
    1315 times
    I have OC'd in my home state (Georgia). I have carried in NC, TN, and AL, but not openly. In AL I was visiting family, some of whom advocate guns for LEO only (maybe that isn't what they say, but it is the effect). In NC, there isn't clear state pre-emption on Open Carry like there is for CC. TN allows for grandfathered anti-carry ordinances but does not require cities to post notices. Too many "invisible lines" that make one an accidental felon. Plus I was visiting a college so I had to keep my gun locked in the trunk in the parking lot for most of the day. I haven't been further afield than that with my carry gun.
    jonrjen likes this.
    "They couldn't hit a elephant at this dist..."
    Last word of General John Sedgwick. May 8, 1864.

Taurus PT-92 AFS
    Taurus TCP-738
    Springfield XD .45 Tactical
    Ruger Redhawk .44 Magnum

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    61 times
    Quote Originally Posted by silverblackman View Post
    We don't have OC in North Carolina, so, I am fairly used to CC.
    My last trip to Fayetteville (last summer) I came across a guy open carrying in a Dick's Sporting Goods store and we had a short conversation about OC in North Carolina. I was CC'ing at the time. I came away with the impression that it was allowed. Bottom line was I did not want to OC there because I did not want to run afoul of some obscure law that I was not aware of.
    jonrjen likes this.
    The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.

Frederick Douglass

Member #
    15 miles south of Hattiesburg in Dixie Ms.
    Liked
    7276 times
    I open carry almost every day here in Mississippi but would feel better concealing if I leave my home state. I've found that a lot of LEO's treat out of state people differently.
    jonrjen likes this.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    11721 times
    Yep, I did just that a couple weeks ago and chronicled it here. I OC'd from home in Ga to my son's home in Baton Rouge, La. Including OCing at the Welcome Center in Miss.

Fixin' to go on an OC vacation . . . .

Oh, and I checked the carry laws of Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana before setting out and made sure they all honored OC and they do. The Welcome Center might have been a little dicey but I honestly just went in to the rest room before considering my carry status.
    Last edited by daytonaredeye; 04-01-2014 at 06:51 PM.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government“. - GEORGE WASHINGTON

"Those people who defend their gun rights because their own government might one day Attack, confiscate or challenge their rights to guns are just plain ridiculous!" Barak Hussein Obama

Member #
    Liked
    20276 times
    Quote Originally Posted by silverblackman View Post
    We don't have OC in North Carolina
    Actually I think you do.As far as preemption goes it seems that localities are able to regulate firearms in publicly owned buildings, the grounds or parking areas of public buildings and in public parks or recreation areas. That's what I gather from the brief summary at least.

North Carolina | OpenCarry.org

North Carolina

Member #
    Liked
    3787 times
    OC is legal in both New Mexico and Colorado so I do OC in both states but I am admittedly not 100% comfortable with doing so everywhere I go(yet).

I think part of is not being as aware of particular gun laws in those states as I should be and that's all my fault.
    Proud owner of a PT145 since 2008.
    And a PT145SS since 1/2013.

"Let's Roll" - Todd Beamer, Flight 93, 9/11/2001.

Member #
    Liked
    7310 times
    I just spent this past weekend in Las Vegas for a critical care conference. I had opprtunity to take the Nevada CCW course and applied for a Nevada license. I have a UTAH and Fla license. I have waited almost 100 days for my Illinois CCW license.

I haven't carried in other states OR MY STATE. I can now carry in most other states, BUT NOT MINE.

I Hate Illinois....This place sucks...
    darbo likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    7310 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Marinevietvet View Post
    OC is legal in both New Mexico and Colorado so I do OC in both states but I am admittedly not 100% comfortable with doing so everywhere I go(yet).

I think part of is not being as aware of particular gun laws in those states as I should be and that's all my fault.
    Can you OC in Colorado as an out of stater? Is it because of reciprocity with Texas?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links