Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Gerber knives offers self defense knife for women

Member #
    Liked
    5514 times

Gerber knives offers self defense knife for women

Ladies, I carry a knife at all times and have been on the hunt for a new one. I really like this one by Gerber. It's small and will fit well inside the pockets of our jeans (since they tend to be smaller than a mans). I'm going to give this one a try, just ordered one and will let you know if I can conceal it well without any problems.

Self Defense Knives For Women

I might add, check the laws in your area before you carry a knife on you. I think states my differ.

Member #
    Liked
    12283 times
    Gerber makes some excellent knives, and I've got a couple that I've had for over thirty years. Good stuff. I have to admit, though, when I first saw the title to this thread I kind of expected to see something like this ...

Okay, okay, okay - I'll go back over on the 'boys' side of the playground....

P.S. You're doing a great job Kitty - and I'm not joking about that.
    "The marksman aims primarily at himself"
    - Zen saying

Member #
    Liked
    5514 times
    Thanks! I've carried a knife in my pocket since I was a teenager. At first not so much for self defense, but more for the fact I found myself actually needing one. A classmate of ours was in a terrible car accident and was trapped upside down by the seat belt in a burning car. I thought 'hmm, if he had only had a knife on him'. Now more for self protection since we can't carry firearms (yet) in IL. I feel completely helpless and the knife in my pocket gives me some sort of sense of help should I need it. I would prefer no one knows I have it. People can get stupid when they feel someone has a knife, or gun, if they don't like either. I never take it out in front of anyone, even at work. I don't even want the guys knowing I have one. I have a small Gerber that I love, but the handle is a little to bulky for my liking in my jeans pocket. I think the one I choose should fit nicely.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    13501 times
    My wife carrys a knife in her purse. It has a single serrated blade, that gives me the willys. She has no interest in carrying a firearm, but makes no bones about having it in hand in those "spooky" places. At least it's something, and I hope I'm never on the recieving end of that vile lookin' thing.
    Texas is neither southern or western. Texas is Texas!

Texas friendly, spoken here.

Member #
    Liked
    5514 times
    Good for her!! I like that!

Member #
    Liked
    12283 times
    I carry a fairly large knife in my pocket, but it has a clip on the handle. The clip keeps it vertical and I barely know it's there. Without a clip they always go sideways in my pocket and it's just uncomfortable. The clip is visible, but no one has ever said anything about it. It also has metal scales, which keeps the overall width thin and also helps it to disappear in my pocket. I use it more than any other tool I own. And being relatively pointy on the back end, I think it would easily shatter the side glass on a car window even when it's closed. There have been a number of people around here who have driven their cars into ponds and subsequently drowned. Maybe because it's pretty much impossible to open a car door or roll down the window until the pressure equalizes. Something to break the side glass with could have made the difference.

The one I carry is a Byrd Cara Cara, and Byrd is definitely worth a look. They're made under license of Spiderco in China, but the quality is really very good. And they can be had pretty inexpensively. IIRC I paid less than $30 for mine. Evidently Spidero has discontinued the line, but you can still find them. Here's a place that's still got 'em - Byrd Flight Series
    MissKitty likes this.
    "The marksman aims primarily at himself"
    - Zen saying

Member #
    Liked
    5440 times
    One of the family (female persuasion at that-won't say who) found out that when she carries two folders with pocket clips, one knife on each side, people think the clip belongs to a cell phone or somthing else of all things.

She can draw with either hand if needed.

Member #
    Liked
    1736 times
    I am a big fan of Gerber knives. My wife has a Gator that she uses quite a bit. But when it comes to factory knives. the brand I like most is SOG. I have an Air SOG that I have carried for at least twenty years, and it's my favorite.

MissKitty likes this.
    HE thinks, therefore I am! <><

Member #
    Liked
    300 times
    Kershaw makes a line of nice assisted opening knives. They come with the clip and open one handed in a flash. I never leave home without one in my pocket.
    MissKitty likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    467 times
    My wife carries a knife. Slim metal handled gerber folder with a clip from wallyworld for about 20 bucks. She has had comments about her knife and basically just tells them it makes her husband feel better, I wonder what those same people would think about the LCP she has concealed in various places depending on her attire for the day.
    MissKitty likes this.

The only easy day, was yesterday!

GUNS: My right to own them is what protects your right to express that I can't.
    Get off your @$$ and vote NOBAMA in 2012!
    M1911A1: The original point and click application.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Links