Member #
    Liked
    11 times

Need replacement SLIDE RELEASE SPRING/DISASSEMBLY LATCH SPRING for TCP .380

Disassembled my TCP for cleaning and misplaced/lost the Slide Release Spring/Disassembly Latch Spring. Called Taurus and asked for a replacement. They said I had to return the whole gun. It's just a hairpin sized spring for crying out loud. The feel that the gun should not be disassembled that far and it needs to be installed by their tech guys. What BS. I was able to make a functional replacement out of a paper clip but would like the proper spring. I used to be a gunsmith and stuff happens. You occasionally lose a spring. Just try to build an AR-15 lower. You'll know what I'm talking about.

Member #
    Liked
    118 times

Thumbs up agree

agree, thats why i enjoy keltec, diamondback, sig, springfield, and others.
    Last edited by gunoil; 06-27-2013 at 02:48 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    6451 times
    The only options that I see is make a spring, find someone that has a parts gun and will sale /give you the spring, or return it to taurus.
    While i fully understand what you are saying, I will just bet that IF you saw some of the weapons returned for repair where the owner has done the repair it might indicate why they do this?
    after all they do not know your competence or incompetence, only what you say.
    IT gripes me as well at times but ???
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    118 times
    offahors has their point, doing bizz in america and the way they and their lawyers want safety. Their ideas of bizz are different than keltec, etc..

Ya cant shoot reloads either, i dont own pistols ya cant shoot reloads in. Well, one tcp, nieve purchase! My last taurus. The policies dont fit me, What really got me , was ,, ya can not get a take down pin.
    Last edited by gunoil; 06-27-2013 at 03:23 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    I'm mostly just blowing off steam here. I was a gunsmith in the 70s but have only worked on my own guns since the early 80s. It was just one of those situations where a small spring just disappeared.

Member #
    Liked
    118 times
    Yes , i sent keltecs back 3 times and db's back 3 times, kinda burnt out (i enjoy cheap fla. pistols like you, i like to tinker with them as educational and watch the youtubes people make about them) especially with 200 dollars pistols. I finally got db9 working, or i should say they did. My tcp is at gander mtn., they recieved the parts they wanted last week. Took long time for gander mtn to get parts mailed to them. Maybe they will get it to work. I dont sell problem pistols , i just take em back where i bought them and get usually half my money back. I like the TCP, just not all the crap that came with it. Hopefully it will work. This forum is hateful if you happen to get a tcp that does not work.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    9903 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gunoil View Post
    offahors has their point, doing bizz in america and the way they and their lawyers want safety. Their ideas of bizz are different than keltec, etc..

Ya cant shoot reloads either, i dont own pistols ya cant shoot reloads in. Well, one tcp, nieve purchase! My last taurus. The policies dont fit me, What really got me , was ,, ya can not get a take down pin.
    I know reloads will void the warranty, but honestly, how will they ever know?
    I don't always open carry, but when I do I prefer DeSantis.

Member #
    Liked
    118 times
    Cause i told them like i did keltec, diamondback, sig, glock, & springfield dont care, either. I dont shoot lead thru some of my pistols anymore since (recent) the coating from OZ land has come about (really incredible stuff). But those would still be reloads that keep your barrels super clean. No copper or lead fouling ever again, cause there isn't any.

If i hadn't told them, i wouldnt have known, i would have sent tcp in and had been charged for parts,labor,UPS. I dont read a whole bunch about a foreign 200 dollar pistol. Worst thing is, ya send it in and maybe it still does not work. Poor ole George kelgrin and mr. Glock, everyones barrowed from them. Sorry, iam use to dealing with american firearm policies. In the last few years i really like the "buying ford/chevy attitude". If ya know what i mean. I may not have bought a tcp if i had known cause keltec spoiled me. Its no big deal, doesnt bother me. You know, in the future you guys will prob be shooting coated bullets. There are major ammo companies looking at it now. Been around 20 years downunder, very interesting stuff. Changed my world in one day.

very simple

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Talked to the supervisor of the lady I talked to yesterday. They won't budge No soup for me. I made a replacement spring from a thin key chain ring. Works just fine.

Member #
    Liked
    118 times
    We both got educated, at least your works. I want loose much. Hay, the local gunsmith may get mine working, i dont know yet.
    Last edited by gunoil; 06-28-2013 at 02:19 PM.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Links