Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Pro Mag 10 round tcp mag

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Pro Mag 10 round tcp mag

I have seen these mags on various sites has anyone tried one. It does not mention if it is the revised design but I would assume it is. 82711 - ProMag Taurus TCP Magazine .380 ACP 10 Rounds Steel Blued

Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    the mag in that picture doesn't look right, and Promag does not list it on thier site.

looks like CheaperThanDirt is the only place that is listing it, and that makes me think it ain't so.

Member #
    Liked
    7281 times
    don't know "IF" it exist or not but let me be the usual "Party Pooper" and ask WHY?
    the hardest part to conceal on a semi auto pistol is the grip frame as it extends away from the slide/barrel at a 90 degree angle.
    so why would someone buy a really, really, really small pistol to carry concealed , that was light weight and then add 4 inches to its height?
    and a couple ounces to its weight??
    yea I know capacity!!
    well if capacity is the issue whay woudl anyone buy a 738, 238, kel tec or ruger in the first place??
    Ok party over, continue with the music!-------
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I agree about the size but it would be good for the range.

Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bigoz71 View Post
    I agree about the size but it would be good for the range.

Could be nice for the Range , maybe even carry as a second mag.
    emt49126 likes this.
    "All right, they're on our left,they're on our right,they're in front of us,they're behind us.They can't get away this time."
    "You don't hurt 'em, if you don't hit 'em"
    Col. Chesty Puller,1St Marine Div.(1950)

Member #
    Liked
    5545 times
    I carry a spare mag for the 732 or PT709 and related type pistols. One mag may not be enough. That is the magazine in the gun may not be enough. I carry a spare for any pocket semi-auto pistol. In this weather of 100 degree plus heat factors the mini-pistols get the nod more than not.

Cargo shorts and tactical clothing have extra pockets for extra carry of ammo. That goes for snub revolvers as well.

For those of you who are tall or close to it you might be able to get away with a bigger gun than I do and a backup. The ammo you have at the start of the fight is all one is going to have.

Should the first gun become unserviceable then what is in the second gun is all you have. Spare ammo will be needed. If it isn't,fine, but I'd rather have the ammo than not and need it desperately.

I would rather carry a spare magazine made expressly made for that individual gun by the company that made the gun than a after market magazine.

The only case I had was a few years back when SIG P6 mags were impossible to find and ProMag had mags for them.

I bought several that work just fine for the P6. Even ran minor drill with them and the ProMags functioned well.

For spare carry? No. I'll stay with factory magazines. I purchased more factory mags when they became available. I was not going to pay the $60 or more for just 1 magazine that a few online gun places had at the time.

There are also those
    For some of you the double magazine count guns will work. For me it won't. Not in this weather.

Member #
    Liked
    7281 times
    IN my opinion there are several reasons to carry spare magazines.
    1) what if your mag goes bad?
    , we all like the removable bottom plates on magazines, ever seen one drop all its guts out the bottom while being shot?
    2) ever hear of a tactical magazine change?
    well to do that you need extra maagzines, and see its a lot fatser to change a mag than to reload one.(regardless of capacity)
    3) its generally accepted that you should practice like you intend to fight, so extended magazines many times change the grip/weight and recoil of the weapon.
    We all must decide what we want to use and how we are going to use the tool if needed.
    I am just not a real big fan of aftermarket (or really large capacity factory) magazines.
    you may be??
    a semi auto with a bad magazine is a really heavy single shot pistol, IF it wille ven function wihout a magzine in its innards, many now days will not.
    Just food for thought.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I received mine yesterday. They do exist but I don't know why they stopped having them available. I have not tried it in my tcp yet. For the record I purchased this to use at the range only;PName:  IMAG0043.jpg
Views: 3257
Size:  490.4 KB
    Long_Shot likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Can we get a picture of that mag in the gun. I'm curious to see how much it sticks out.
    USAF, AD
    2004-Present

Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    Why on earth would there be a pinky extension on the end of it!?
    scrabtree6 likes this.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links