Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: TCP 738 magazine from Taurus USA available

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

TCP 738 magazine from Taurus USA available

Been looking to buy extra magazines for my PT 738 at places like Midway (which shows back order), went to Taurus web site and they did not list the PT 738 magazine on their web pages. I called the customer service number (305 624 1115) and was told they do not list all the magazines on the web site but they have the magazines, I ordered two which with shipping was only $48.75 ($22.00 per mag plus $4.75 shipping - cheap). Have your serial number handy.
    Sekol likes this.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2966 times
    CDNN currently lists 738 magazines in stock for $19.99 plus shipping. They also list the 19 round PT58 HC for $39.99, again, plus shipping. The 738 mag will NOT fit the BSS model.

Member #
    Liked
    4834 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JR View Post
    CDNN currently lists 738 magazines in stock for $19.99 plus shipping. They also list the 19 round PT58 HC for $39.99, again, plus shipping. The 738 mag will NOT fit the BSS model.
    Ditto!
    CDNN has the 738 mags quite often!
    as well as many of the other Taurus semi magazines, and normally at slighly better prices than taurus or Midway.
    Actually they normally have a pretty good selection of a lot of different manufactures mags!
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JR View Post
    Is this true? Arn't all the 738's the same? Just different versions of slides?

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BoiledEgg View Post
    There are differences, Midway list two models for serial number 60000 above and 60000 below, not sure what that means since my TCP (made in 2011) is in the 30000B range, I know Taurus used "A" at the end of some TCPs? Was concern about ordering from them and their shipping would be higher than $4.75, from experience. Taurus asked for my serial number so, there is a difference. Did not want to modify magazines and not have it work in the future.

Member #
    Liked
    4834 times
    The Taurus TCP 738 has curently three different series of weapons, the A , B, C models, Curent production should be C model I think and as you probally figured out the A model was the first.
    I don't recall the exact change date/time /model of the magazine changes so i would agree with the post above about that date.
    A simple inspection of the serial number will tell you which model that you own.
    the change in maagzine design was apparently a method of improving chambering, feeding problems in the first ones, and reports are that they are NOT interchangeable.
    I have an A model and never had any feeding problems so can't say for sure about the changes.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.

Member #
    Liked
    4834 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BoiledEgg View Post
    NO! certainly not! much like most weapons the TCP had under gone changes internally to make it a better functioning weapon.
    there are several enhancements made between the A and C models.
    they may look identical but not really.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I recently purchased the 738 C series. I took it to the range the next day after purchase, loaded the magazine, put it in, cocked the slide and JAM! The bullet jammed and wouldn't chamber.

I was able to work it out and fired off 3 shots. JAM! again.

All sales were final so I had to send the gun back to Taurus for repair on a brand new gun.

I then got a letter saying it could take up to 6 weeks to get it back.

After a phone call to the help line and explaining I could be dead because I didn't have my conceal pistol because it was in the shop (yes I know, a little bit over-dramatic but...)...

She promised to push it to the front of the line since I had purchased it 3 days prior to it arriving at the factory.

I got it back within 10 days from start to finish.

The said it was the magazine feeding improperly. They adjusted the magazine and sent it back. It's chambering properly now, I just haven't had a chance to fire it yet. But I suspect it will work peachy.

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    The one reason I did not buy my extra mags is fear of getting older stock at some places. They are still out there and will not work with the newer C series. Mine is a C made in june with a 48*** serial number and the new mags work fine but the cs lady did take a few minutes to double check first. And they do work fine.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bsimms View Post
    Been looking to buy extra magazines for my PT 738 at places like Midway (which shows back order), went to Taurus web site and they did not list the PT 738 magazine on their web pages. I called the customer service number (305 624 1115) and was told they do not list all the magazines on the web site but they have the magazines, I ordered two which with shipping was only $48.75 ($22.00 per mag plus $4.75 shipping - cheap). Have your serial number handy.
    Well when I received the mags from Taurus, they looked just like my mags that came with the gun, however they were very very dirty, which surprised me since they came in retail display packaging, so I disassemble them and cleaned them, they work fine. Also the packaging had no information on it that stated which model (A, B or C) they where for however they ask for my serial number when I placed the order, Taurus could do a better job in this area. They came via FEDX which surprised me since the shipping cost was only $4.75.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Links