Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TexasDeputy

Thread: 709

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Red face 709

what kind of accuracy do these guns give, found one today for wife but doing some research. thanks

Member #
    Liked
    16965 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pochis View Post
    what kind of accuracy do these guns give, found one today for wife but doing some research. thanks
    With practice and a firm grip, they are accurate enough for the ranges that they are likely to be used. They are concealed carry pistols, NOT target match pistols!

Recognize that with a 3" barrel, for all practical purposes, most shooting will be at 7 yards or less.

When I qualified with my 709 Slim for off-duty and backup carry, I had to shoot "1 to the chest - 1 to the head" drills at 2 yards, 5 yards, and 7 yards.
    At 10 and 15 yards we had to consistently hit center mass. The final 2 shots were at 25 yards, and we had to hit withing the outside ring (body shot) on a standard silhouette target.
    USN2Pulpit likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1247 times
    Yep, good for CCarry.

Member #
    Liked
    9698 times
    Great BUG. See my recent range / break in posts. Congrats on the gun buy!
    If we choose, we can live in a world of comforting illusion.
    Noam Chomsky

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3872 times
    Small guns like this have definite preferences, that vary by the gun. Break it in, and then start looking for something that it likes. Remember, self-defense isn't 1" groups at 25 yards. Despite Hollywood shooter's that can hit a moving target while falling to the floor, and rolling, that's not what actually occurs. I'd say that a standard hold at 10 yards producing 2"-3" groups will keep you alive.

Member #
    Liked
    6462 times
    the 709/740 like about every gun made of reasonable quality are a lot more accurate than the person shooting them so that being said it will depend on the abilites of the shooter and how much trigger time they put in with it.
    Personally the 709/740 nor any of the micro 380's would be starter guns that i would reccomend for a newbie.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Links