Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: TCP Range Report

Member #
    Liked
    61 times

TCP Range Report

I picked up another TCP yesterday. I bought one of these a while back when they first came out, and was less than impressed with its reliability. I still wanted a small mouse gun, but wasn't impressed with the P3-A or the LCP. Neither of those models offer a slide lock back after the last round. Our local gun dealer has the blued version with one mag on sale for $199. Not being one to pass up a good deal, it followed me home. I did a thorough cleaning/fluff and buff and lubed it well. Next I hand cycled the slide 3-4 hundred times, and lightly lubed it again. I went to the range this afternoon and ran 50rds of FMJ (brass) through it without an issue. It has a long smooth trigger pull probably 5-6 lbs. If you pull the trigger slowly it will fire close to the end of its stroke. If you pull it fast it seemed to fire just sightly before. Once I figured out the trigger pull it was actually very accurate. The sights are a fixed part of the slide, barely visible to the naked eye (not painted). Should be easy to draw since there isn't much to catch on. Its has a 6+1 mag with a steel tab in the corner of the follower to catch the lock back lever. I think thats kind of a neat idea. It should be more reliable, and enhance the service life of the mag. Spare mags will run you about $25 including shipping. The felt recoil was minimum, but I plan on getting an after market grip for it as well. Over all impression for this late edition of the TCP is favorable. But, I'm not going to recommend to anyone until I get several hundred flawless rounds through it. This target was placed at 7 yards.Name:  tcp range rpt.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  807.4 KB
    RevolverFan likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1729 times
    Thanks jax! There has been much talk about the TCP lately, and as I am in the market for a .380 and haven't completely settled on one yet, your report is very useful! It should help others as well.
    HE thinks, therefore I am! <><

Member #
    Liked
    846 times
    I can only say i like mine very much...i love how smooth the trigger is. Even with only a hint of sights, it is still an accurate shooter at 7 yards.......the only thing that carries easier is my keltec 32.......

Member #
    Liked
    1040 times
    I love mine also. The best feature is the slide lock on an empty magazine that most others don't have. Smooth trigger pull. The only other micro 380 I have shot is the diamondback. I wanted to like it, but it kept jamming up on me. Don't know if it was lack of experience or what. The guy who owned it loves it. But you can't beat the price of the tcp.

Member #
    Liked
    4883 times
    Not a bad grouping at all, Mine does a bit better at that range but then i have had it a while and the sights are painted as well.
    Mines been a veyr good little pistol and very accomodating to most all FMJ & hollow point ammo, only disliking the Winchester flat points and the USA flat points( which look like the winchester?).
    enjoy it and hope it meets your needs.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    61 times
    Update..... I put another 50 rounds through the little mouse gun today (100rds total). I had one failure to feed at about the 45th round. American eagle (federal) is really dirty stuff. Cleaned and lubed, with no excessive wear noticed. Accuracy was much the same as my first range report. Still a bargain at $199.
    chicharrones and MilProGuy like this.

Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    I'll go along with this report...brand new TCP, full box of FMJ sent down range without a failure.
    MilProGuy and jaxgunslinger like this.

Member #
    Liked
    9511 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jaxgunslinger View Post
    Update..... I put another 50 rounds through the little mouse gun today (100rds total). I had one failure to feed at about the 45th round. American eagle (federal) is really dirty stuff. Cleaned and lubed, with no excessive wear noticed. Accuracy was much the same as my first range report. Still a bargain at $199.
    When I got mine I had problems with it when I got around 45-50 rounds. A quick cleaning and it was good to go another 50 rounds. Some where around the 300 round mark I no longer had that problem, just part of the break in process to me.
    Shooting and Fishing! Life is Good!
    ><((((> ><((((> ><((((> Fish on! <)))>< <)))>< <)))><
    ************************************************** ************************************************
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, its about getting out there and Dancing in the Rain.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    16604 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jaxgunslinger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by USN2Pulpit View Post
    I'll go along with this report...brand new TCP, full box of FMJ sent down range without a failure.

Thanks to you both for some encouraging reports on your TCP pistols.
    USN2Pulpit likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    125 times
    Sitting at 250 through my TCP and only one issue. That issue was my son limp wristing the weapon and it not getting a good ejection. It is an amazing little pistol. I point-shoot it mostly, but, I do want to get the POA down to a small area for more precision shooting. Yes, yes, I know a mousegun isn't made for precision shooting, but, it's really fun to try.
    USN2Pulpit and BMC like this.
    Springfield Armory XD9 SubCompact 9mm
    Taurus 738 TCP
    Hi-Point C9
    Hi-Point .45 JHP
    S&W Model 65 .357
    Beretta Neos 6"
    H&R Model 999 Sportsman (my first pistol)
    Ruger 10/22 Stainless

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links