Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: 738 w/ Laser light

Member #
    Liked
    58 times

738 w/ Laser light

Not sure if this is the correct place for this, but ... After an incident at a mall that happened to my wife and I, I will be getting my CCW permit (in FL) and start carrying a PT738. My question is this; would a Crimson Trace be worth getting? My thought is that it would enable me to use more of an "instinctive" shot for the first round rather than coming all the way up to "full sight picture" shot. I've never tried a laser sight on a gun so have zero experience or reference. Looking a various forums I'm seeing yes and I'm seeing no, but no real discussion as to WHY yes or no. I suppose I COULD tape a laser pointer onto my PT111 and try that out to see (just kiddin')

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
    whodog likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    14692 times
    I put one on my PT738. I like it; I do cover up the laser with black tape to practice without it. You never know when it will fail. I like the fact that I can carry it in a pocket holster and have my hand on it when I am approached while night fishing. With this little gun it can also help you with grip technique and trigger pull. Practice dry firing, at first that laser point was jumping everywhere. After some slight adjustments to grip and trigger finger placement I can hold on target a lot better.

It is a personal choice and people will always be on both sides of it. The important thing is to do what you are most comfortable with.
    whodog likes this.
    Shooting and Fishing! Life is Good!
    ><((((> ><((((> ><((((> Fish on! <)))>< <)))>< <)))><
    ************************************************** ************************************************
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, its about getting out there and Dancing in the Rain.

Member #
    Liked
    1247 times
    Sounds like fishin' said it rite for me. I put a CT laser on my daughter's TCP to help her. Plus, you do get a little lite where it points, also, when it gets dark. I have a laser on most of my guns...

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    18299 times
    I'd say "go for it"!

In Memory of Erv Bobo, Supporting Moderator

(Lance0812)
    September 23, 2014

Member #
    Liked
    82 times
    Full sight picture on a 738?........ Oh yeah, now I have my reading glasses on, I see the sights. I agree with the previous posts. It sounds like you're on the right track regarding CT. They make good stuff. And just like fishin said, you'll need to practice. Little pistols wiggle big.

Member #
    Liked
    1124 times
    I have one on my TCP. It will certainly help you get on target quicker......just be aware in bright light it can be hard to find.....Always practice getting on that front sight quickly before you start looking for the laser...
    in a low light condition you can pick the laser up quickly.

Member #
    Liked
    58 times
    Thanks all for the comments. What I'm hearing is laser is great, but practice with and without; sounds like good advice.
    Last edited by FearNot; 04-16-2012 at 05:38 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Ive got a like new ct for tcp if ur interested, 3 months old, wife. wants different gun. $155 to ur door.

Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    thought ebay had a no guns policy?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I would STRONGLY suggest that you handle a 738 with a Crimson Trace laser before you buy one. The laser activation button is located very close to the trigger guard on the front strap and sometimes it is difficult to get your finger on the button just right and the laser to come on without shifting your grip a little. I've had a few words with Crimson Trace over this matter. It would have been soooo easy for them to have moved the button down a little. Just another case of designing something on the drawing board without trying it first......... "Sorry Mr. Burgler, you'll have to stand there for a minute until I can get my laser sight to come on."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links