Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Wife's new TCP to hard to load... reduce recoil spring??

Bought my wife a new "Pink" TCP for her to carry. She loved my P3AT but wanted a pink gun. I figured they were pretty much identical. However, the P3AT is much easier for her to load. She has problems pulling the slide back. Can I get a recoil spring with less tension? I know the recoil will be a little worse, but want her to be able to load it.

Thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Re: Wife's new TCP to hard to load... reduce recoil spring??

Read this.

My mom had neck surgery just this November and is extremely, extremely weak in her left arm due to a compression of the spinal cord - meaning no matter how much she might exersizes her arm she would never regain strength. That said, I thought she was basically screwed in terms of racking the slide and so instead taught her to count the shots so that one bullet always remained in the chamber and racking it for her.

BUT that link fixed it all. The information in that link taught her to rack the slide effectively and easily, and thats with the 709.

Try it. Let me know how it goes.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Belated welcome. These little guns can't take much "tinkering" and messing with the recoil spring would probably cause problems. Don't think that is the answer.

By the way, I just read where New York wants to outlaw "colored" guns and pink especially. Yeah, I know, a pink gun could be mistaken for a toy but these politicians need to concentrate on more important things, knowwhatImean?
    Things are more the way they are today than they've ever been before.

ADN
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times

I think you will find that with a little breaking-in, racking the slide will become much easier. I would not mess with the recoil springs at all. I have heard of LCP owners putting in stronger recoil springs to cut down on malfunctions but never weaker ones. Get 200 rounds through the TCP and then see if she has any trouble.
    PT1911B
    PT111 Pro
    PT738
    Ruger P95
    Beretta U22 Neos

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

My daughter should have the strength to pull a slide back. I bought her some expensive shooting gloves, but she still could not pull the slide back on her Beretta .380 Cheetah. I will admit that little gun has a strong slide spring!
    So I bought her a Ruger SP101 and she is happy as a clam with that revolver. Her favorite of all to shoot is my Ruger Single Six .22. She can shoot it all day and she loves the accuracy. But she really likes shooting the SP101.
    I am disgusted by the overwhelming indifference and complacency of society that allows a wide gamut of problems to cripple the advancement and success of everyone.

Member #
    Liked
    14 times

I have arthur-itus in my hands and I have problems gripping things like that. On my 738 before I install the mag I push the slide back and lock it open. then I put in the mag and let the slide go shut. Works better for me. Just a idea.
    LIFE`S SHORT----RIDE HARD

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links