Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Does Taurus make a .32 acp PT732/TCP?

I see on Davidsons "Gallery of Guns" that they have a listing for a .32acp 732/TCP, but Taurus' own website doesn't list one. Is there a fluck here? I own, and carry daily, a 738/TCP and this inquiry is for my Daughter, who is looking for a small .32acp to carry. Any information would be appreciated, Thank you.
    "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed".

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Re: Does Taurus make a .32 acp PT732/TCP?

YES.. It is brand new. Model 732. http://www.taurususa.com/2011catalog/?catalog_page=10

If it launches ANY projectile, I like it! "Cheap junk" guns, beautiful expensive guns, air guns, muzzle loaders, ALL are cool to me!

Taurus Mod 85 .38 (WIFES)
    Taurus PT-22
    Taurus TCP732 .32ACP -PINKY- (ALSO MY WIFES)

Member #
    Liked
    13 times

Like NYPD said in a different post, it's better than a stick in the eye!

IMO not much more!
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not..." - Thomas Jefferson.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Quote Originally Posted by COYOTE102076
    Thanks for the link, I should have googled it instead of using Davidsons link. I'll pass the info onto my Daughter. She really likes my 738/TCP SS, and has stated if Taurus made on in .32acp she would buy it!
    "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed".

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    17925 times

If the TCP PT732 is as fine of a concealed carry pistol as my PT738 has been, the little tyke should get its share of the market.

They are some who "foo-foo" the .32 caliber, but there are many on this forum who swear by their dimunitive .32s!

If you end up with a PT732 for your daughter, ring us up and have her post pics and a range report (with the help of dear old Dad, of course)!

In Memory of Erv Bobo, Supporting Moderator

(Lance0812)
    September 23, 2014

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3773 times

Like NYPD said in a different post, it's better than a stick in the eye!
    Quite a bit better, in fact. Why is it that people still denigrate calibers? The 9mm was a lousy stopper until the ammo companies went to work and developed effective loads. Same with the .38 Special. Yet, you don't hear the same thing about the .32 ACP. It has been the recipient of today's technology, as well. It will now expand and penetrate quite well. I carry a P32, loaded with Fiocchi .32 JHP. 60 grains at 1200 fps.

One other thing to consider. These calibers were always developed around the short barrels that were prevalent in the guns so chambered. You won't find many 6-8" test barrel results out there for a .25 ACP, or a .32 ACP. Which, of course, is more than can be said for rim-fire ballistics, or many centerfire caliber ballistics.

Taurus has, for many years, offered .32 ACP guns in Brazil. The laws there can negate the use of "military calibers" for civilians. The older PT58 was available in Brazil with a 13-14 round capacity in .32 ACP.
    "The past is another country, he did things differently there."

Member #
    Liked
    5434 times

Gallery of Guns does have them and direct from the "Gun Genie".
    Taurus
    # 1-732039
    MODEL: 732|TCP

TYPE: Semi-Automatic
    CAL: 32AP
    FINISH: Stainless Steel
    # AVAIL: 27
    VIDEO: (No Video)

I've seen them there for the last few weeks or a bit more.

I agree with JR. The .32 ACP is a fine defense round for many.

The argument for the .32 ACP has been made in the printed gun media for some time now.

That includes those who are veterans of Iraq (men and women) who carry a .32 ACP single stack pistol while out jogging or on other daily pursuits.

This from another post:
    I go with the 9x19 caliber myself for the same reasons,olfarhors.

I prefer the 9x19 over the .380 ACP for most applications.
    Just that I see a need or choice for others that go the other way.

That said I have the PT111, PT709, and then went and procured a number of .32ACP pistols as well. That includes a PT132, Beretta 3032, and a NAA Guardian.

Several authors and gun writers who've "seen the elephant" and have been there and done that all over the globe have made excellent arguments and points as to what ever caliber you choose, it's the person behind the gun and not the caliber that matter for the most part.

The fact that any bullet going through the body is going to do damage regarless of calibers. This is backed up from the experience from those who are out in the field in combat and from a vast pool of people's actual real world experience.

It's where you hit them more thatn with what.

This is not to start a caliber war or start that kind of discussion nor should such get started here. No reason to. Shoot what you like for the reasons you like. it is your choice. No problem there.

Check out James Ayers' book on the subject. That or check out the writings of Denis Prisbrey. These are unbiased, no nonsense and experienced writers.

From another post:
    on: January 05, 2010, 01:39:01 PM Quote Modify Remove

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Love the .32 ACP and the other .32s as well.

Own a PT132 and enjoy shooting it.
    That CZ is a neat gun as well.

In an article last year there was a case made for carrying the .32 ACP. These were by police veterans, Army veterans who'd seen combat recently, and civilians who'd been through life or death situations with their .32 ACP pistols and won.
    This included a Ex Rhodesian warrior who faced down terrorists recently in S. Africa. Terrorists, close to a dozen, ambushed the guy on the way home with a bomb in the road. The bomb blew his vehicle onto it's side, but our hero wasn't hurt that bad.

As he left his vehicle he tried to reach for his rifle that he carried. The rifle was 86ed by the blast leaving him with just his Walther PPK. He used that pistol and had the terrorists disembarked rather quickly from the area. Because he shot back and accurately enough, the terrors left behind all their weapons. That included AK-47s, an RPG launcher plus rockets, and several Soviet built machine guns and assorted ammo.

There were at least 4 more stories of that nature where citizens used their Keltec, Beretta, or other mouse guns in .32 ACP to stop attacks. In several cases well placed shots or a shot stopped the violence.

We are all aware of the limitations of the .32 ACP. However it is where you hit them than what you hit them with. These were determined and intelligent protagonists who picked the caliber and did well with it.

In most cases the .32 ACP users were joggers or not able to carry a more substantial gun. In some cases they could have, but won the day anyway and had the confidence to do so.

Yes, the .32 ACP is no powerhouse, but used wisely and by determined and skilled people will carry the day. Everyone of them practiced,practiced, and then practiced some more with their carry choice. Know thy gun well and others better watch out.

Yes, I know that more powerful calibers can be called for. I am just presenting
    " the other side of the coin" as there are always two sides to every story.
    If you choose not to go with a .32 ACP, then fine. No problem. Just don't dump on those who choose to do so. It's their educated choice.

Just for the record I've appropriated a PT132 in. 32 ACP, a Taurus 731 in .327 magnum, and a PT709 in 9x19 in the last few days or weeks. Sorry. No camera and no pics.

I did try to find a Beretta Tomcat, Ruger SP101 in .327, and the new Ruger GP 100 in .327, but no soap. Ah,well. So many calibers and guns and so little time.

Member #
    Liked
    13 times

Quote Originally Posted by JR
    Quite a bit better, in fact. Why is it that people still denigrate calibers? The 9mm was a lousy stopper until the ammo companies went to work and developed effective loads. Same with the .38 Special. Yet, you don't hear the same thing about the .32 ACP. It has been the recipient of today's technology, as well. It will now expand and penetrate quite well. I carry a P32, loaded with Fiocchi .32 JHP. 60 grains at 1200 fps.

One other thing to consider. These calibers were always developed around the short barrels that were prevalent in the guns so chambered. You won't find many 6-8" test barrel results out there for a .25 ACP, or a .32 ACP. Which, of course, is more than can be said for rim-fire ballistics, or many centerfire caliber ballistics.

Taurus has, for many years, offered .32 ACP guns in Brazil. The laws there can negate the use of "military calibers" for civilians. The older PT58 was available in Brazil with a 13-14 round capacity in .32 ACP.
    Yep, your right...It's all opinions, the first gun I had was a .32, didn't feel it had the umph to stop.
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not..." - Thomas Jefferson.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    17925 times

A tip of the proverbial hat to our resident professor, Quiks Draw, for a very well presented dissertation on the "other side of the story" on the .32 caliber.

Thanks,
    MilProGuy

In Memory of Erv Bobo, Supporting Moderator

(Lance0812)
    September 23, 2014

Member #
    Liked
    6247 times

I just do not really see the advantage of carrying a 32 auto in the same sized weapon as a 380 (posisbly recoil sensitive) but really is recoil that much lighter between a 32 and a 380?
    if its a choice between a sharp stick and a 32 then yep give me the 32, if its a choice between two identical weapons in 380 and 32 give me the 380 and you can have the 32 and the sharp stick.
    and of course ammunition choice can change recoil.
    certainly ammo availability and cost can't be a consdieration , like when choosing between a 25 auto and a 22 LR.
    I mean I would carry a 45 acp if I could find one that had the same recoil, and capacity as a 738 and of course size.
    I mean I can see going from a 40 cal 24/7 to a 740 due to size and weight but the 738/732 is the same weapon.
    but as said many times to each his /her own.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links