Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 34
  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Member #
    13912
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    East TN
    Posts
    117
    Liked
    20 times

    Re: TCP 738 made with 2 different barrels???

    I've had numerous FTE and FTL problems with my 1st TCP. I ended up sending it back to Taurus 4 times. The barrel was ribbed. Taurus finally sent me a NEW TCP to replace the original. The new TCP has the smooth barrel and it been flawless. I have not had a single failure of any type after putting over 400 rounds through it..!!!

    ABC... Always Be Carring..!

    Sargent US Army Ranger and Vietnam Vet 1968-69
    Chief Petty Officer USN (Retired) Acoustic Sensor Operator and Naval Aircrewman P3C Orion aircraft (18yrs)

  2. #22
    Junior Member
    Member #
    17643
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New Bern, NC
    Posts
    17
    Liked
    2 times

    Re: TCP 738 made with 2 different barrels???

    All the talk about the different barrels made me look at my brand new TCP. Whew, smooth barrel. It did have a surprising amount of tool marking around the barrel and ramp. I will try and attach some pictures. I have broken out my old smithing kit and am polishing out the "rough edges". I also noted a pit in the barrel. Not to happy about that either. Won't get to shoot it for a couple more days so we will see.
    [img][/img]
    Attached Images Attached Images   

  3. #23
    Junior Member
    Member #
    12906
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    14
    Liked
    0 times

    Re: TCP 738 made with 2 different barrels???

    Mine had the ribbed barrel and had to be sent back. IT was returned to me with replaced slide and mags but the barrels was not replaced so we shall see how it performs.

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Member #
    1005
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Alabama Foothills
    Posts
    7,032
    Liked
    3297 times

    Re: TCP 738 made with 2 different barrels???

    So Olf, the brass ain't hitting you in the head no more?
    4 Dead in Benghazi while Cowards watched. 4 Dead in Benghazi while the Media hid. 4 Dead Heroes who died for those who do not care. 4 Dead in Benghazi and who will pay. 4 Dead in Benghazi and Hilliary screams, "What does it matter?" while the cowards rule.

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Member #
    11801
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Metro Atlanta Georgia
    Posts
    18,216
    Liked
    7256 times

    Re: TCP 738 made with 2 different barrels???

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWolf70
    So Olf, the brass ain't hitting you in the head no more?
    NO SIR! the first thing that i noticed was the difference in the way it ejected the brass.
    now not every spent case would hit me in the head , maybe 1 out 7-8 would bounce off the bill of my cap.
    but now its ejecting like a 1911, it throws that brass way out there and to the right.
    I don't know if its the new extractor, spring or new barrel that makes the difference but its very, very obvious.
    the lil gun runs better now than it did when it was new, and really that wasn't that bad then.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

  6. #26
    ET
    ET is offline
    Senior Member
    Member #
    13901
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Savannah, Ga.
    Posts
    188
    Liked
    8 times

    Re: TCP 738 made with 2 different barrels???

    OK, I just ran across this thread. I'm away from home for a few weeks and don't have access to my TCP since I can't carry a gun in SC because there is no reciprocity agreement with Ga. My question is: when approximately did the barrel change take place since the time line is all I have to go on right now? I purchased my TCP last July. It had just been maunfactured in May or June I believe. Mine won't cycle Speer Lawman fmj at all, but seems to cycle everything else relatively well until it starts to get dirty after a box or two of ammo. But, I get shells in my face more than I would like and the slide won't hand rack a new round unless it has been pulled all the way back and allowed to slingshot forward. Anything less will just jamb the bullet into the ramp and stop. Hummm, I'm talking myself into thinking I got the older barrel assembly. It's going to be a long 2 weeks until I get this checked out.
    Soldiers are dying for our freedom. The least we can do is vote.

  7. #27
    Junior Member
    Member #
    17643
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New Bern, NC
    Posts
    17
    Liked
    2 times

    Re: TCP 738 made with 2 different barrels???

    Quote Originally Posted by ET
    OK, I just ran across this thread. I'm away from home for a few weeks and don't have access to my TCP since I can't carry a gun in SC because there is no reciprocity agreement with Ga. My question is: when approximately did the barrel change take place since the time line is all I have to go on right now? I purchased my TCP last July. It had just been maunfactured in May or June I believe. Mine won't cycle Speer Lawman fmj at all, but seems to cycle everything else relatively well until it starts to get dirty after a box or two of ammo. But, I get shells in my face more than I would like and the slide won't hand rack a new round unless it has been pulled all the way back and allowed to slingshot forward. Anything less will just jamb the bullet into the ramp and stop. Hummm, I'm talking myself into thinking I got the older barrel assembly. It's going to be a long 2 weeks until I get this checked out.
    What's the difference between NC and GA conceled carry requirements? My NC is good in 34 states, including GA and SC.

  8. #28
    TKA
    TKA is offline
    Senior Member
    Member #
    17025
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    139
    Liked
    0 times

    Re: TCP 738 made with 2 different barrels???

    This thread may be another one for the 'Taurus Complaints' section.
    Proud member of the GOA

    We Texans


    [hr]

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Member #
    11801
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Metro Atlanta Georgia
    Posts
    18,216
    Liked
    7256 times

    Re: TCP 738 made with 2 different barrels???

    Quote Originally Posted by clloydm
    What's the difference between NC and GA conceled carry requirements? My NC is good in 34 states, including GA and SC.
    well of course you should check wiht the local authorities in each state for the current true regulations in each state, I know Georgia has and is reworking a good many of the CC laws here.
    I am somewhat surprized that South Carolina has a agreement with North Carolina, South Carolina is about the only state in the south east that does not recognize a Georgia cc permit
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Member #
    11801
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Metro Atlanta Georgia
    Posts
    18,216
    Liked
    7256 times

    Re: TCP 738 made with 2 different barrels???

    Quote Originally Posted by TKA
    This thread may be another one for the 'Taurus Complaints' section.
    HMMM??
    would one of you Texas guys please "BUMP" the record player , it seems the needle is stuck and keeps playing the same tune!-LOL
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

 

 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

how is rifling made
,

polishing the tcp barrel

,

taurus tcp 738 barrel

,

taurus tcp barrel

,
taurus tcp barrel material
,

taurus tcp barrel problem

,
taurus tcp ftl
,
taurus tcp new barrel
,

tcp 738 barrel

,
tcp barrel
Click on a term to search for related topics.