Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

PT709 magazine extension/ grip extension

Im not sure if any of you have been on the hunt for a grip extension or an extended magazine for the PT709 like I have. I tell you I haven't heard anything promising from Taurus. I have called customer service a few times and have been told each time they are not going to make an extended magazine for the 709. I have been hoping and searching for a long time and I know this topic has been hashed out many times but I think it looks like we will soon have a grip extension soon!

I emailed Pearce Grip Inc. to see if they had any plans on making and extension since they make some other extensions for Taurus. Well they emailed me back today and I am glad to say they have begun the process of making the grip extension and it should be available in a few months! Finally somewhere for my pinky to go!

Still no luck on a extended magazine Im sad to say...
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Taurus PT709
    FN FNP45
    IWI Baby Desert Eagle

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Re: PT709 magazine extension/ grip extension

That's good to know, I like my 709, but feel I'd be more accurate if I could get my pinkie on too!Thanks for the info.
    Mod. 44 6.5"
    Smith&Wesson M&P40c
    Mod 627 .357 4"
    PT 1911 BHW
    24/7 Pro Ds Ti 24/7 Pro C Ds Ti

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Now that's great news!! they should be available by the time I pick mine up I've decided to put one in the layaway!!

Tom j.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Thats exciting news! I sure wish we could get some extended mags!
    -Louisiana State University- Tiger Bait!
    Beretta Px4 Storm Sub-compact .40
    Taurus pt 101 .40
    S&W Sigma .40
    Mossberg 100 ATR
    North American Arms mini 22lr revolver
    Mossberg 835 Ulti Mag

Member #
    Liked
    6561 times

I would love to have like a 25 round magazine for my 709, then i could take this wondefully designed small framed , light weight carry weapon and transform it into something that was larger and a lot heavier and that was about as much of a pain to carry as say a 24/7, mill pro, or beretta PX4 Storm.
    Wow i can't wait myself!
    of course you guys do realize that i am pulling your chaiin, but really think about it, if you want a heavier, bulkier, larger weapon then there are a lot of THOSE already out there.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by olfarhors
    I would love to have like a 25 round magazine for my 709, then i could take this wondefully designed small framed , light weight carry weapon and transform it into something that was larger and a lot heavier and that was about as much of a pain to carry as say a 24/7, mill pro, or beretta PX4 Storm.
    Wow i can't wait myself!
    of course you guys do realize that i am pulling your chaiin, but really think about it, if you want a heavier, bulkier, larger weapon then there are a lot of THOSE already out there.
    Hey, lighten up, Olfarhors....a big mag is really nice at the range, especially if you can load them in advance and are paying for range time by the hour!

Member #
    Liked
    6561 times

exactly my point lighten up!
    thats the purpose for buying a 709 i thought!
    small, light, reasonable power, capacity/ concealability.
    heck if you want to stay with Taurus brand and need more then pick up a 24/7 in 9mm/40/45 cal, or a mill pro, staggered magazine, larger frame, longer barrel, all the stuff that you want to carry around all day.
    I am just trying to add some perspective to the add all the weight stuff here!
    shoot its your weapons put a couple mudflaps and cinder blocks on em if you want to.
    as for an extended mag at the range , well i practice to enhance my abilities and remove my shooting faults, i don't try to throw as much ammo down range as i can in a set amount of time.
    plus I am an old man and if I try to carry that much weight my back goes out.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Lighten up exactly! You are right on the money this is the exact reason I bought the 709. The pistol I carried before was too heavy that is the reason I bought this beauty! The main reason I am looking for an extended mag or a grip extension is simply to have a little bit better hold on the weapon. Extra rounds would be a plus but not a major concern of mine because as we all know its about shot placement not the number of rounds you are carrying. Simply put I just want a little more grip.
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Taurus PT709
    FN FNP45
    IWI Baby Desert Eagle

Member #
    Liked
    6561 times

as did I, and as mentioned everyone can do as they wish with their weapons, but as we seem to agree the best attributes of the 709 is its light weight and thin design, with this are the trade off of not having 12 rounds of ammo in it.
    everything is a trade off!
    I often can not resist the chuckle when messing around a gun shop(s) and some guy is there looking at pistols and talking about how he wants a light gun cause he is going to carry it, then he only want to look at short barreled 45 autos that have 15-16 round magazines!
    lets see there is about 450 grains in an ounce, the average 45 round weighs about 265-275 grains, so 15 x 275= 4100 grains or a litle over a half of pound, for just the ammo!
    NOTE: I went to night school and its still daytime here so my math may be off!
    but hopefully you see my point!
    shoot i carry and extra magazine for the event that i need a few more rounds, or carry one of my staggered mag weapons if going out to Zombie hunt.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

I agree with both sides here. I bought the 709 because of its size BUT I was blessed with these XL sized hands and the grip is a tad short. I find myself adjusting my grip from draw to presentation....something I would rather not do. A place for my pinkie would be the cure ( I think). I dont want more rounds I`ve got plenty of choices in that area.

Zombies....did someone say ZOMBIES?? I`m in. Let the flesh eating hoard come.

WH

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Links