Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: 8 round magazines for TCP will not be made!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

8 round magazines for TCP will not be made!

I just got of the phone with Taurus inquiring as to when the 8 round magazines would be released. I was shocked when I was told they were not going to be made! I even had the rep double check! All the reviews I have read in the gun press have been telling us they were on the way. There are even pics of them out there. This is THE MAJOR reason I bought this pistol! WTF! To say I am PO'd is an understatement!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Re: 8 round magazines for TCP will not be made!

Uh....I wouldn't hang my hat on anything when it comes to "vaporware". They are not making the 9 shot for the 709 either. Your choice will probably be a 3rd party magazine.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Thanks for posting the information you were told by Taurus concerning 8rd magazines.Knowing the C/S at Taurus,they may change their minds tomorrow or you may speak with someone different and get a different answer to your question.If it's true they plan not to make 8rd magazines for the Taurus 738 TCP some other vendor will step up and manufacture a aftermarket magazine or even a 1 or 2rd extended grip for the Taurus TCP standard magazines.The reason I say this may occur is that Impact Guns now makes a 1 round extended grip for the Ruger LCP and I understand that Pearce grip makes a 2rd extended grip for the Ruger LCPs also. Just hang in there and someone will put something on the market to increase magazine size from 6 to 7 or 8 rounds in the near future.Don't let this turn you against the TCP.I have fired 500 rounds with mine and find it to be a great little pocket pistol,no problems so far and the trigger pull is smooth and this little pocket pistol is very accurate.I also own a Ruger LCP and love it also,but my Taurus 738 TCP is now my main carry pistol.Give your TCP a chance and I am sure you will feel the same.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    9542 times

Guys - if it doesn't exist today, right now, then don't count on it existing later. I'm still waiting on a Raging Bull 223 or a PT1911 Commander.
    Felix likes this.
    You all may go to hell, and I will go to Texas - Davy Crockett

"Beware the fury of a patient man." - John Dryden

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA member and proud Texas CHL holder

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

If the demand and volume get high enough, somebody will cater to it. Don't know if TCP will ever reach the level of popularity of the LCP though.

Member #
    Liked
    12 times

Quote Originally Posted by Volfy
    If the demand and volume get high enough, somebody will cater to it. Don't know if TCP will ever reach the level of popularity of the LCP though.

The people at Ruger might be noticing the TCP as today at a LGS I noticed right next to a stainless Taurus TCP a new stainless Ruger LCP. God Bless

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Speaking of vaporware, I guess the much-fabled but never-seen Titanium TCP will probably never materialize either, huh?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

I just got finished reading my TCP owners manual and there are several references to the 8 round magazines including a parts diagram!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

I just got finished reading my TCP owners manual and there are several references to the 8 round magazines including a parts diagram!
    It still doesn't mean they are going to make it. I think a 3rd party will make it before Taurus will.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    17316 times

Volfy: It doesn't matter if they make the Titanium TCP or not, because the regular version is not much heavier than some sandwiches I've eaten! Love the TCP!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Links