Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    17354 times
    No, I haven't seen them for sale.

For me, the little TCP is the perfect pocket pistol are far a ultra-concealability is concerned. The longer magazine would seem to defeat the purpose of an ideal pocket pistol.

That's my two-cent's worth.

Member #
    Liked
    14233 times
    It would be nice as a backup mag though.
    Always remember to Reduce, Reuse and Recycle your targets
    Reduce them to shreds
    Reuse shoot them more than once
    Recycle whatever is left over

24/7 Pro C 40 S&W PT1911 45 ACP 738 TCP 380 ACP PT111 SS Model 66 .357
    About me - I take very little seriously especially myself.

Ignorance is the lack of knowledge. Stupid is the refusal to do anything about it.

Member #
    Liked
    5660 times
    well just speaking from personal experience here.
    i bought a couple 3 extra mags for my sig 238 ( and yes now its the same size as the TCP 738 so this does apply) and there was so much talk about how great it would be to have an extended mag for the 738 so i got 1 extended mag as well.
    Now the probelms that i found was first it does change the carry ability of the gun, especially in the pocket (which i do) as it adds length to the grip, secondly the finger groove on the bottom eats into your leg or thigh if you sit down.
    and finally in my case it adds to the torguing or pulling of the gun off target as you fire it as you have more pinky finger on the grip.
    I think the extened mag has been laying in the cabinet on the bottom of the 3 other extra mags since about the first 5-6 times of trying it, a carry a regular mag as a back up.
    so thats my take on it guys. hope this helps some.
    OH and carrying as an extra mag presents the problem of the finger hook too, much easier for me to stick a totally flat spare magazine in my pocket
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    I bought a magazine (pinky) extension online. it gives me 7+1. and I still carry the TCP
    in my pocket- it stays hidden with extension.. also easier to shoot.
    I kept the other magazine the way it is
    ps. I'm quite small and don't have extra 'cushion' to hide my gun
    TCP 738
    Ruger SR22
    CPX-2 9mm

Semper Fi

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I for one purchased the 738 for the reason of the extended mag. If the extended mag added and inch and a half it would still fit in my back pocket or front pocket with no issues. In the hot summer months it would come in handy with a owb holster as a main carry. The winter months as a back up to my 24/7 g2. I hope that Taurus gets there act together or someone else aftermarket decides to pick it up..........

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

8 rd mag for 738

I just bought a new 738. The manual does make reference to an 8 rd mag however when you talk to Taurus the say that they never got approval from ATF to manufacture the 8 round magazine. This was as of 9/15/11. No if all you want is the extension for your pinky you might try this

Taurus 738 TCP Extended Magazines; Taurus 738 TCP Grip Extensions

I think I'm going to try it on one of mine (when I get it back from repair)

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I will try that. Sad thing is, it's in the manual that they make the 8 round mag.... As much as I hate to say it, maybe pro mag will make an 8 rounder for this. I hate pro mag but I will buy them if they make them.......

Member #
    Liked
    12442 times
    The 8 round extended mag would be nice.
    Shooting and Fishing! Life is Good!
    ><((((> ><((((> ><((((> Fish on! <)))>< <)))>< <)))><
    ************************************************** ************************************************
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, its about getting out there and Dancing in the Rain.

Member #
    Liked
    5660 times
    Quote Originally Posted by richy View Post
    I just bought a new 738. The manual does make reference to an 8 rd mag however when you talk to Taurus the say that they never got approval from ATF to manufacture the 8 round magazine. This was as of 9/15/11. No if all you want is the extension for your pinky you might try this

Taurus 738 TCP Extended Magazines; Taurus 738 TCP Grip Extensions

I think I'm going to try it on one of mine (when I get it back from repair)
    I don't doubt that you may hear anything from any gun manufactures Phone Corps!
    But I can't see where BATF would be the least bit involved or care about an extended magazine of 7-8 rounds in the TCP 738, especially as its an American Made weapon and not an import?
    I just don;t get real excited about adding 1 more round capacity to a pistol!
    well unless its a single shot!-LOL
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.

Member #
    Liked
    5660 times
    Quote Originally Posted by swamperjmb View Post
    I will try that. Sad thing is, it's in the manual that they make the 8 round mag.... As much as I hate to say it, maybe pro mag will make an 8 rounder for this. I hate pro mag but I will buy them if they make them.......
    Absouletely , I am with you!
    I had much rather have a 7-8 round magazine that jams than a 6 round magazine that works flawlessly!
    Really? think about this, as basically the 738 is nothing if its not a self defense weapon.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links