Taurus Firearm Forum banner

My Taurus TCP experience

2K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  FreeInAZ 
#1 · (Edited)
My tcp was just sent back to Taurus.... Again. My first C series had a ton of issues and they sent me a brand new D series. It was flawless for 300 rounds then it started getting rounds jammed every time I fed a new mag in. It also began dropping my mag(you could even wiggle mags out with your hand) and the slide began to lock back with one round left in the*magazine. Hopefully it gets fixed this time and there won't be any more issues.

Update 1:

I just wanted to update that I checked online and my firearm is being returned to me. Turn around time will be less than 2 weeks including the shipping both ways. That is a huge positive.*

I did end up calling them and the gentleman said I had 2 defective*magazines*which had been replaced. Also my*magazine release, slide lock and something else not really sure what he said, were replaced as they were found to be defective. They fired 6 rounds of speer and 6 rounds of wwb without issue before mailing back my tcp. I am excited to get my tcp back as I love carrying it. Just hope there are no more issues with it.*

Update 2:

Lol, sorry I have to laugh before I vent. Taurus is completely inept as a company. If you are reading this and considering a Taurus, don't. So I took the day off today to wait for my gun to be returned to me. Taurus told me by 430pm. So I called in cause I saw the FedEx guy that I know and he said he didn't have a package. I called Taurus and they sent my gun to somewhere/someone else incorrectly. That's where I am now. I thought, wow finally Taurus did something great, I was getting my gun back in two weeks. Now I have no clue who is handling my gun, where it is, or when/if I will get it back. They claimed fedex gave them wrong/used shipping numbers, I call bull feces on that one. I wish I saved and spent a bit more on a product from a reputable company that wouldn't be giving me all these issues.*

Continued...

Found out my TCP went to a residence in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. I called fedex, they stated taurus reused old shipping labels on shipments within a three date window. So many packages are being delivered to the wrong addresses. Fedex is returning all packages they have on hand undelivered and it will be reissued.

Update 3: After some back and forth, the manager resolved this mixup by issuing me a brand new replacement. Granted it cost me FFL fees but it shot 40 flawless rounds, but I just cannot get myself to trust this brand. I will be selling it regardless as I do not trust Taurus and my hands are too large for this gun.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

See less See more
#3 ·
CALL BATF and report/ file a complaint!
Bet they can figure who is at fault and how a controlled device got shipped to an unknown person.

Reactions: Reeko
#5 · (Edited)
Thanks. A manager called me last night and stated that my firearm is en route back to taurus. It should be back Tuesday and supposedly they will have extra people working to ensure it gets sent right back out same day back to me. They said by next Friday I should have it, we will see.

They said that it was out for delivery but the driver didn't actually deliver it as when he scanned it, it showed as already delivered so the package was supposedly held. Who knows what the truth is anymore, I really don't care at this point. I am to the point this gun will be for sale as soon as I have enough for a replacement sig 380.

I was already irritated dealing with Taurus and this experience has just made the decision for me. You need to be able to trust what you carry and at this point I do not believe I can ever trust another Taurus to be there if my life depended on it.

#6 ·
The delivery mix up is a crying shame! What I'd like to know is IF they fixed your gun! Even though you're disheartened, will you put a few rounds through it and report back?

#7 ·
Too bad for the mix up but you were happy seeing that repairs were made until it got shipped wrong. Now you are not happy with Taurus because Fedex said it was Taurus's fault. What if it was Fedex's fault, are you not going to accept any packages from Fedex any more. Mistakes happen. When you get your gun shoot it and see if it is fixed. If it is fixed you're good if not then you have a complaint but to diss a company over a shipping mistake that you really don't know who made is just silly. Even if it was Taurus's mistake so what. Did you ever make a mistake? Mistakes happen.

#8 ·
I 100% know your frustration.. when I came here, I just bought a TCP, and it would jam and sometimes the slide would stay open after the 3rd round. After reading some of the small fixes here that the guys recommended, I buffed the feed ramp, and also I took a few "millimeters" off of the mag follower. After that and firing over 300+ rounds she shoots very well both hollow point and solid round nose. I almost gave up on it, but glad that the guys here gave me the help that I needed because I usually have the TCP in a pocket holster during the weekends (or my Taurus PT22). While you have issues in regards to the shipment.. if you can past that know that all mass produced products have issues, even with the strict quality assurance. If you still have issue when you get it back.. ask in here.. the group here has a lot of tips.

#9 ·
Small pistols have tight tolerances ..I know the LGS and Pawnshops can't keep TCPs, PT111, & PT709's on the shelf ...

I know Academy has TCP's on sale for 199.00 .. Id would be suprised if they have any left in a couple if days ...

#10 ·
When something is coming UPS, I plan on it being there right on time, because it always is.

A year or so ago I bought a camera for my daughter. Several hundred dollar item. It was sent FedEx. To this day, I've never set eyes on it. After a few days of fighting with FedEx, I called Amazon, they refunded my money extremely quickly. Ordered it with UPS shipping, it was right on time.

In short, I'd be hard pressed to know who to blame here, but I can get deliveries from other companies. There's only one place to get a TCP, and I don't ever plan on being without one.

#13 ·
Don't see how they came blame FedEx. Regardless of what "their system" printed out, it's the shippers responsibility to verify the address on the label matches the appropriate destination. Clearly this did not happen. They just have to verify the address on the label with the address in their records. Period. End of story. Especially with firearms for crying out loud! Epic fail.

Worse than the foul up.....failing to take responsibility.

#16 · (Edited)
So I will start out by saying I am no longer being nice to Taurus. Every person I talk to gives me a different story/lie. I spoke to a manager and she is of no help as well and tells yet another version and gives me a different time line for my return.

She says she will make it right for me, we will see.

#17 ·
Yeah, that sucks. If I had your experience I would never buy a Taurus again either. I guess I was lucky. When my trigger on my TCP broke about 6 months or so ago, I had my FFL send to taurus (since Taurus is one of the few manufacturers that apparently doesn't cover freight to them on warranty work). 3 weeks later it arrived back at my FFL and has worked fine since. If it does break again, I would send it off for the $20 it costs since there is a lifetime warranty and then buy an LCp or Kahr CW380 and keep the Taurus as a backup for the inevitable occasion when the LCP or Kahrs needs to be sent off for warranty work.

#18 ·
I guess that I don't see it as someone being lucky or unlucky really.
to me that's one of the many problems in my opinion, the total different response from employees an the difference in how a particular weapon may operate and how repairs may go.
is like they have a spinning board with possibilities an they throw a dart to see what I hits and that's you answer.

Reactions: Reeko and FreeInAZ
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.