Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Happy day at the range with my TCP

1K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  GhostHorse 
#1 ·
Yesterday I went out to the range and shot about 100 rounds, bringing the total though the gun up to about 300. Tried out a new grip style to see if I could get a better hold of the little devil - try and eliminate FTE's that I feel were do to limp wisting - before I was holding my thumb up near the slide lock, not really contributing anything to the grip. And I'm happy to report I had zero, zip, nada FTE's - even one handed. And I don't have to white knuckle it either. Gun is completely stock, no pinky extendtions, no add on grip. Much more fun and far less embarrassing too. Now if I could only improve my aim.

Gun Firearm Trigger Starting pistol Gun accessory

See less See more
#3 ·
Good deal! Finding the right grip that works for you and the gun is golden. Got two TCP's in my house and both are great shooters and accurate. More practice and you will get yours dialed in. With the new grip, you are basically starting over on learning how to shoot it accurately.

#4 ·
It is good that you and your TCP are getting along so well indeed. Have fun and thanks for the report.:thumb:

#7 ·
Sounds like a good range trip. Now to improve your accuracy tape a cheap $5.00 laser to the barrel and practice dry firing it. Watch that red dot jump around, adjust yor trigger finger position until you can eliminate that red dot jumping around.

Also note if you do this you only need to rack the slide back about a 1/4" to reset the hammer and trigger.

Thanks for the report!

Reactions: 33nine
#10 ·
I found my TCP likes my finger tip, my PT-99's like my first knuckle, and my PT-145 and PT-1911 like just past the first knuckle. I make a little finger diagram to keep with the various hand guns I own to keep track of where my trigger finger needs to be. I wish it was the same for every gun, but it is not. The laser trick really helps me dial them in.

#11 · (Edited)
I'd like to use my finger tip or the first crease, but I've got these long skinny fingers (think alien - the outer space kind, not the illegal from another country kind. Sorry if I offend) and with the better grip I'm employing, it makes using the pad rather uncomfortable and feels less steady, with my thumb up, next to the slide lock that would be more comfortable. But I will try it next time at the range.

#12 ·
We are all different, what works for me may not for you, also changes per gun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.