Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Pt 24/7 oss ds (ls)

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Member #
    32685
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    15
    Liked
    6 times

    Pt 24/7 oss ds (ls)

    Hey everyone. Just joined up and wanted to post on the recent purchase I got from a friend. He sold me a mint 24/7 OSS DS (LS) in .40 for $250 and I know it was a great deal. Haven't had the chance to go fire it (this weekend I'll break it in) but I was wondering something. I was trying to research them and I haven't found much on the LS model. From a few things I have read they are rare, is this true?

    I own a 1st gen 24/7 .40 cal and I love it. I just can't wait to try out this OSS!

    Anyways thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Member #
    32370
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    526
    Liked
    337 times
    Wow great deal...if I found one priced like that I would own it in a heartbeat! Grats on the new gun!

  3. #3
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    14459
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,078
    Liked
    663 times
    Welcome to the forum and congrats on the 24/7 OSS! The 24/7 LS and the 24/7 OSS are not the same model, they're actually 2 different models even though they're close.

    Find My Model on Taurus Website

  4. #4
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    12255
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    United States - Mississippi
    Posts
    29,700
    Liked
    18459 times
    Absolutely, Positively, Without a Doubt!

    THAT was a great deal.




    Excuse me for getting carried away.

    Welcome to TaurusArmed.net!





    In Memory of Erv Bobo, Supporting Moderator

    (Lance0812)
    September 23, 2014

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Member #
    25880
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,328
    Liked
    2722 times
    Congrats on the new purchase and as all above have stated, you got a great deal. Enjoy it as I am sure you will. I have a 24/7 OSS DS in .45 and it is my favorite hand gun right now. Expecting my PT1911 today and it might move up to the number one spot when I get to shoot it.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Member #
    32685
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    15
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurus10 View Post
    Welcome to the forum and congrats on the 24/7 OSS! The 24/7 LS and the 24/7 OSS are not the same model, they're actually 2 different models even though they're close.

    Find My Model on Taurus Website
    I know. But Taurus made 2 different models of the OSS DS. They made the standard version with the 4.2" barrel and an LS version with the 5.2" barrel. I have done both measurements of length of barrel and length of gun and they fit the description of LS model. I was just curious if anyone knew if they were, indeed, rare or not.

  7. #7
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    14459
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,078
    Liked
    663 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Shipwreck_the_SEAL View Post
    I know. But Taurus made 2 different models of the OSS DS. They made the standard version with the 4.2" barrel and an LS version with the 5.2" barrel. I have done both measurements of length of barrel and length of gun and they fit the description of LS model. I was just curious if anyone knew if they were, indeed, rare or not.
    The 4.2" barreled pistols are the standard 24/7's, the 24/7 OSS pistols have 5.25" barrels. They're discontinued so they're hard to find new now, both versions. Taurus also made the 24/7 LS guns that looked very much like the OSS pistols but they're not the same. And they also made the compact (C) versions of the 24/7's with 3.2" barrels (I have 2 of them).

  8. #8
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    14459
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,078
    Liked
    663 times
    This page has the details and pics of all the 24/7 (G1) pistols.
    jwc007 likes this.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Member #
    32685
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    15
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurus10 View Post
    The 4.2" barreled pistols are the standard 24/7's, the 24/7 OSS pistols have 5.25" barrels. They're discontinued so they're hard to find new now, both versions. Taurus also made the 24/7 LS guns that looked very much like the OSS pistols but they're not the same. And they also made the compact (C) versions of the 24/7's with 3.2" barrels (I have 2 of them).
    Okay maybe I'm wrong on this but in my Taurus PT 24/7 users guide that came with the weapon they show a chart with 2 very distinct weapons. One called the 24/7 OSS DS (Std) and the other called the OSS DS (LS). Are they wrong or am I?

  10. #10
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    14459
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,078
    Liked
    663 times
    I don't know what guide it was, please go to the page I had the link in post #8, it has the pics and details of all the 24/7 versions that Taurus made. The OSS guns have the OSS stamped on the slides as shown in the pictures and the OSS pistols come with 5.25" barrels only. The Long Slide versions (LS) look very close to the OSS's but they're 2 different versions (I think the LS guns have slightly shorter barrels, 5" or 5.20" instead of 5.25" on the OSS). I have the OSS in .45 and I love it. I believe you'll love yours, too. BTW, $250 is an excellent price for any 24/7 gun.

 

 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

pt 24 7 oss ds .40
,
pt 24/7 oss ds
,
pt24/7 ls oss
,
taurus 24 7 oss ds
,
taurus 24/7 oss ds
,
taurus 24/7 oss ds 40 cal
,
taurus pt 24 7 oss ds
,

taurus pt 24/7 oss ds

,
taurus tactical pt 24/7 oss ds
,
taurus tactical pt 24/7 oss ds for sale
Click on a term to search for related topics.