Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: recoil spring assy

Member #
    Liked
    840 times

recoil spring assy

Well I ordered two recoil spring assy and paid for two but only one was shipped. I called taurus CS today and they were closed do to a employee dying. I will call them back monday , however i installed the new spring and whoa what a difference, Going to the range this weekend to try it out.
    Last edited by sandman 11; 04-21-2012 at 08:49 AM.
    Ye shall know the truth ... and the truth shall set you free ....

NRA
    NJ2AS
    The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life:

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    1991 times
    What kind/Caliber of 24/7 do you have and about how many rounds do you have through it? Glad it's working better for you!
    "Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Member #
    Liked
    840 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jwc007 View Post
    What kind/Caliber of 24/7 do you have and about how many rounds do you have through it? Glad it's working better for you!
    9MM pro ds 5,500 rounds. the old spring was so warn out that you could almost rack the slide by holding the gun firm in your hand and thrusting you arm forward. I shot a lot of 124 nato rounds and S+B 115 gr and +P ammo

NRA
    NJ2AS
    The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life:

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman 11 View Post
    ...so warn out that you could almost rack the slide by holding the gun firm in your hand and thrusting you arm forward...
    That's impressive!

Member #
    Liked
    840 times
    I hit the range with the wife today, The new spring works great. 150 rounds and no problems. I did get the wife to shoot the new shotgun. She was like whoa thats scary.

NRA
    NJ2AS

Member #
    Liked
    72 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman 11 View Post
    9MM pro ds 5,500 rounds. the old spring was so warn out that you could almost rack the slide by holding the gun firm in your hand and thrusting you arm forward. I shot a lot of 124 nato rounds and S+B 115 gr and +P ammo

How did those P+ rounds perform? I use regular 115g range/plinkers
    "Have a gun. Preferably, have at least two guns. Bring all of your friends who have guns."

~Taurus 24/7 G2 .40 S&W. SOLD~

~Taurus 24/7 G2 9mm~..

~ Taurus PT 845 or G2 .45 ??? in the near future..

Member #
    Liked
    840 times
    Very smooth, just a little more snap. golden sabers 124+P corbon 115 +P hydra shock 124+P ( HST)
    Last edited by sandman 11; 04-21-2012 at 09:45 PM.
    Issues likes this.

NRA
    NJ2AS

Member #
    Liked
    106 times
    How does the pistol feel with the new recoil spring? I'm passing 3500 rounds, and I've been experiencing some first-round failures to feed. The round hangs up at the upper left corner above the chamber. The OAL of these round-nosed cartridges are well-within specification, and are similar to factory ammo. Do you think a new spring might help?

I also found that by slapping in a new magazine, the slide releases and chambers a new round. I guess the parts are nicely worn in!

Member #
    Liked
    840 times
    It feels tight, Like new. From day one if you tapped the mag in firmly the slide would chamber the first round. I viewed that as a plus The only reason I new my spring was worn out was I was getting a little combustion coming out the ejection port.

NRA
    NJ2AS

Member #
    Liked
    840 times
    I called taurus today about my order being short one spring, CS guy said it shows two shipped. I was like there was only one in the bag he said he would ship one out today
    Attached Images Attached Images  

NRA
    NJ2AS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links