Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Taurus10

Thread: OSS Firing Mechanism

Member #
    Liked
    333 times

OSS Firing Mechanism

Question about the firing mechanism in the PT 24/7 OSS firing mechanism. I have been reading my owners manual and it says "normally operates as a conventional Single Action system" and has a "striker firing mechanism."(pg. 11) It says that under malfunction you can give the trigger again for "double action." My question is if I have a misfire and it goes into double action, will it fire the next round in single or double action?
    As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    663 times
    The trigger will remain in DA until the misfired round is fired or until you rack the slide to eject the misfired round to chamber the next round, then it returns to SA.

Member #
    Liked
    333 times
    If the deckocker was engaged and the indicator is in with a round in the chamber it will fire in double action correct? Sorry about the questions I just want to make sure I know what I am doing here in case I ever carry this.
    As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    663 times
    There is a small RED square striker/decocker indicator at the back of the slide to let you know the condition of the striker. If the RED indicator is visible, the striker is cocked and the trigger is in SA. If you don't see the RED indicator, the striker is decocked and the trigger is in DA. When you engage the decocker safety, the RED indicator is not visible and the pistol is in DA.

Links