Taurus Firearm Forum banner

customer service

2K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  Taurus10 
#1 · (Edited)
ok, first, I understand that a company must grow to stay in business and come up with new products, but does that mean they have to just forget about their older stuff? I just got off the phone with them and since checking on it 2 months ago, now, they no longer carry the Mags for a 24/7 pro c ds nor do they have the spacer for the stock. they had the spacer 2 months ago. Lady told me they no longer carry these things and as such, even the product numbers are not in there data base. so, what do I do now?

And, does anyone know if any other 40 cal mag will fit the pt 24/7 c ds .40? thanks for the help guys

#2 ·
You are certainly faced with a dilemma, and have posed a good question.

Perhaps there is someone on this forum who previously owned a 24/7 Pro C DS pistol like yours, that may have the items you need gathering dust in some drawer, and would be willing to make you a "brother-in-law" price on them.

What caliber do you have?

#3 ·
As it was clear to me that Taurus was going to discontinue the 24/7 series, I immediately bought as many mags as I could. I also ordered several mag spacers for my compacts.

I suggest you call Taurus CS and ask to talk to Suzan. This lady is among the best Taurus CS reps, who is very knowledgeable on Taurus parts.

#12 ·
UPDATE:

Well, I called Taurus back, and got a different sales person. not suzan, and I cant remember the Ladys name, but she told me they would be getting some in soon, just didnt know when, and that they did have the spacers (thanks for the PN number there Taurus 10) I ordered 3 of them for 7.95 apiece. She looked up the last time a shipment was sent from Taurus to a distributor and told me a bunch had been sent to a wholesale place in South Carolina. I called them to confirm they had some and then went to my LGS to have them shipped there. During all this, was searching online and was getting a bit mad at the prices I was seeing. one guy on ebay is actually trying to sell ONE mag for 78 bucks! I was beginning to think about trading in the gun on something "newer" so I wouldn't have to hunt stuff for it. Anyway, LGS did a bit of searching and found another supplier and got me 3 15 round mags for 32 bucks each. that and about 200 rounds of ammo was about 200 bucks, but I feel better!;)

Anyway, thanks for all the replies and the help guys, your all the best!

#14 ·
yeah, when I got this gun I called up about the spacers. thought it was a bit strange that I received 2 mags but only one spacer, but the rep. assured me that they only come with one. Makes no sense to me, why one spacer when you have 2 mags? Anyway, was told then that mags where on backorder, and spacers where 2.95 each. should have got them then, but I figured I would get it all at once, spacers and mags. I hear the tales about customer service for repairing the guns, And I know they are getting them fixed now if they have the parts on hand, but I really dont think they know (the people we call) much about anything else. I mean, one says the parts in stock, call back to order, and its not in stock, tell the person that so and so said it was 2 hours ago, and they tell you that that person was wrong. or vise versa, its all very confusing....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.