Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Customer Service

1K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  rodfair 
#1 ·
OK. Finally got around to calling customer service. I Need a rear sight screw for my 24/7, believe its like a 2 or 3mm screw?

Connected to c/s @ 1450 on hold
America the Beautiful
National Anthem
Pledge of Allegience
Song about Constitution
Let Freedom Ring
Proud to be an American
California to the NY Island
1504 Lady answered did not give her name I asked she told me.
Told her what I needed she asked what sights told her i didn't know..described them she told me Novak... Is there anything else you need? I said know but you could put 2 in the envelope...No credit card asked for. She said it would be 7-10 days.
We will see.

#2 ·
Hopefully you'll have that pair of set screws ASAP and this can be another win for Taurus CS.

#3 ·
I've got my fingers crossed for you rod!

#7 ·
Thank you....It is in full service. Without the rear sight I put 40 rounds through an 8" paper plate. Today!

And lets face it ...if we are all honest...in a home defence situation...if the rounds are coming in....they are going out.

#5 ·
I have absolutely no doubt that they will come through guys and gals....The only reason I am putting this up here is to document it.
Believe it or not You can still fire the weapon accurately with just the front sight. The Lady obviousely asked if there was a charge...somebody said no....
We will see how long it takes to put 2, 2 or 3 mm screws in the post!

#6 ·
California to the NY Island - "This Land is Your Land" Wood Gutherie worte the lyrics in several forms to protest Kate Smith singing "God Bless America." Because of the way he was treated in California as he migrated west from Oklahoma during the years of the dustbowl, Guthrie embraced Communisim. Interesting man and a hell of a song writer and singer. Arlo, his son, while not as prolific, also did a lot of near-famous folk songs. He's (Arlo) probably best know for "Alice's' Restaurant." Kind of a 60's/70's protest song.

More than you wanted to know, I'm sure, but I've always been fascinated by Woody Guthrie.

#8 ·
DB...I already knew that.
Many others do not as you say. And Alices Restaurant....CLASSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#9 ·
The reason I posted the songs ...thought it was interesting....Brazillian Company?

#10 ·
But, everything anyone posts on here...I personally use as a learning tool...... Hmm Kate Smith....do I know enough about her??? ok Google it! Dont just hit the first site...hit em all.
Some of you may say ..... he needs to get a life....I say...I need more knowledge...I TEACH!
yes THAT WAS MY OWN TRUMPET YOU HEARD!

Reactions: bre346
#11 ·
A Brazilian company wanting to make a positive impression on a US customer base. A customer base that could be considered a bit conservative in nature. I find it ironic that all but one song would make the progressives grind their teeth. But equal opportunity is sometimes token, don't you think? Keep on filling their heads with good things, Rod. I also teach, but not as a profession. I'm much less subject to the whims and wants of some of the folks who might have forgotten what it's like to be in the classroom. I get the kids who I can teach the "learning can be fun" concept. I do a lot of experiential teaching.

Reactions: rodfair
#12 ·
Rod, they bought me a trumpet in 1938. I got pretty good on it. Played for ten years and put it up. It went across the Pacific twice. Still have it. Souvenir now.
I like Kate Smith singing "God Bless America". I like all patriotic songs.

Reactions: Issues and rodfair
#13 ·
BRE, If you ever come to central fl on a weekend, you let me know. YOU will be put to work and we will shoot!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.