Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Slakev

Thread: G2 Questions

Member #
    Liked
    17 times

G2 Questions

Hello guys, names Andrew and I just picked up a NIB 24/7 G2 and a few questions arose already.

does the Decocker make any audible sound when it decocks the weapon? I'm used to my friends HK and a friends first gen 24/7 where you could hear an audible click (granted the HK is a hammered weapon but that's becides the point)

and

When I rack it, the red dot on the back of the firing pin does not line up with the back of the block, but it stays recessed.

It has 0 rounds through it, and I just picked it up a few hours ago

Obviously without having it out and going to the range and figuring it out yet.. if anyone can give me some insite that'd help alot.

Thanks,
    Andrew

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    welcome to the board. no audible click on decocker. when you first rack it, it is still in DA mode. the red dot will not be flush with rear until pistol goesninto SA mode after first shot

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Ok cool, that's good to know at least. I was hoping It wasn't broken right out the box. Haha

Member #
    Liked
    616 times
    My decocker makes an audible click when depressed and the striker is cocked. My indicator for being cocked does stay slightly indented when it is cocked and in SA mode. To place yours in SA mode make sure it is unloaded (both magazine and chamber) then slide the slide all the way back, pull and hold the trigger and release the slide. The trigger should be almost vertical at this point. Then depress the decocking lever and you should hear an audible click and the trigger will go to about the 7 o'clock position when viewed from the left side of the gun.
    CombatVet likes this.

Rubber band guns
    Pea shooter
    Spitball straw
    Slingshot

Owner and Operator of:
    Magnum Force Arms

Member #
    Liked
    415 times
    Welcome, Andrew, from Fort Worth, Texas where the West Begins..
    Be safe out there, no need to meet Jesus before the appointed time!!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi, im nebie here from Philippines, I got my G2 9mm last october and found out that the rear sight is fixed contrary to what was shown in the manual/catalogues. Mine is made in Brazil and I observed that US made are one having the adjustable sights. Does it really matter due to place of origin?
    Last edited by gargoyle2; 03-03-2012 at 03:32 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    2324 times
    Welcome aboard Andrew. As your questions have already been answered, I'll add that you need to do a very deep cleaning before you go to the range. Tauri are notorious for being packed with shipping grease for the long boat ride from Brasil. It will take about 500 rounds and plenty of snap cap time to get broken in. Good luck with that, and please keep us posted.
    a.k.a. 2LOGICL. While I do not enjoy the misery of others, I do find comfort in it.

Member #
    Liked
    2324 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gargoyle2 View Post
    Hi, im nebie here from Philippines, I got my G2 9mm last october and found out that the rear sight is fixed contrary to what was shown in the manual/catalogues. Mine is made in Brazil and I observed that US made are one having the adjustable sights. Does it really matter due to place of origin?
    Hello and Welcome, also. I don't know about 'international' product sales, but to my knowledge ALL G2s (and most all other models) are made (place of origin) in Brazil, no matter where they are sold. I don't know if there is an 'international' number or if all calls go to Miami, but you should check your owner's manual for a customer service phone #, and give them a call. You should probably start a new thread and post pics.
    a.k.a. 2LOGICL. While I do not enjoy the misery of others, I do find comfort in it.

Member #
    Liked
    952 times
    Welcome hope you like your G2 as much as I do mine. When I carry mine I have it in S/A.
    "There is never a reason we are to sacrifice liberty for safety." Ron Paul 2012

I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution
    of the United States of America against all enemies, both foreign and domestic ...

If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.
    I may be killed with my own gun but he will have to beat me to death with it because it will be empty.

Member of Minutemen's Association of America
    Member of the NRA

Links