Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Why the TAURUS discontinued 24/7-OSS TACTICAL?

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Question Why the TAURUS discontinued 24/7-OSS TACTICAL?

Why the TAURUS discontinued 24/7-OSS TACTICAL?

If developed through direct feedback from Special Forces teams stationed around the world, and the Taurus 24/7 OSS" is one of the most advanced firearms in the history of pistol making. And is built to meet and/or exceed all requirements laid down by USSOCOM (United States Special Operations Command).

And this is extreme duty pistol than offers unprecedented reliability, durability, accuracy and ergonomic functionality. Capable of firing thousands of failure-free rounds in virtually any environment, whether it be jungle humidity and mud, desert heat and sand, or arctic cold and ice and comes in .45 ACP, .40 cal. and 9mm.

If it's too good, why the TAURUS discontinued? It is a work horse firearm.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Member #
    Liked
    2597 times
    Because USSOCOM didn't buy any? Brazilian Special Forces are the only special operations units using it that I know of.
    4 Dead in Benghazi while Cowards watched. 4 Dead in Benghazi while the Media hid. 4 Dead Heroes who died for those who do not care. 4 Dead in Benghazi and who will pay. 4 Dead in Benghazi and Hilliary screams, "What does it matter?" while the cowards rule.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I read this weapon is good looking for too munch people.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    1989 times
    Congress cut off the $$$ for the program before one was chosen as the winner of the contract. However, the .45 24/7 OSS was still in the running late into the program after many had dropped out. For those of us who love it, the .45 24/7 OSS is a winner, regardless.
    "Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Member #
    Liked
    2785 times
    Being discontinued, I now have a reason to never even think of selling mine! Love it!
    ‘‘It is not the function of our government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error.’’ - Justice Robert H. Jackson

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
    Albert Einstein

Member #
    Liked
    20154 times
    Yup.
    The market doesn't show it, but the OSS is the ultimate collectible. Accurate, reliable, rugged and a lifetime warranty. Priceless.
    Keeper of The Pledge

Elected Perpetual Dictator of the Universe by a landslide.

I have ridden a motorcycle faster than Mach 0.25.

Because a copy is returned for postfix ++ expressions, statements such as (c++)++; won't work as expected.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    19336 times
    Like the others have said, since the US Gov didn't fork out the cash they decided to stop production.

That said, from what I understand, and anyone please correct me if I am wrong, they are taking alot of what was in the OSS and putting it in the G2. One big thing I love about the OSS is the 5.25 inch barrel vs the biggest barrel I have seen for a G2 being 4.2 inches. The market for shorter barreled more concealable pistols is much larger than for a longer barrel, I would bet this had to play into it. As someone who likes larger pistols, I am kinda bummed, I hope they do come out with a longer barreled G2.
    "Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem" (I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery) Thomas Jefferson in a letter to James Madison

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

"If everyone is thinking alike then someone isn't thinking!" General Patton

"If we waited for Washington to tell us when to plant, we should soon want bread." Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Liked
    2597 times
    I think the biggest difference between the OSS and the G2 is the target customer. And that is why you are seeing the 4.2 rather than the 5 1/4" barrel. Now if Taurus decided to built a comp gun version, like S&W, Glock, FN and SA have, we would see the longer barrels. But I think the CC market is who they are aiming at with the G2.
    4 Dead in Benghazi while Cowards watched. 4 Dead in Benghazi while the Media hid. 4 Dead Heroes who died for those who do not care. 4 Dead in Benghazi and who will pay. 4 Dead in Benghazi and Hilliary screams, "What does it matter?" while the cowards rule.

Member #
    Liked
    5615 times
    I thought that a G-2 LS ( long Slide) was in the big picture in the near futuer?
    IF so thats your answer to why the OSS is no longer around!
    I don't think a G-2 LS would/could compete with a 24/7 D/S OSS considering the price would be lower and the OSS is a SA/DA and the G-2 is a Da/Sa pistol and many like the egonomics of the 24/7 better than the G-2.
    We all have our favorites in Taurus pistols but honestly I think they can produce a much better pistol and warranty repair, parts availablility if they discontinue a lot of the models that they produce.
    Imagine calling customer service and simply saying i have a 9mm pistol and need a magazine, and they say OK we will ship it out tommorow!
    bre346 likes this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    1832 times
    They may be discontinued, that will only make them more valuable...but I'll never part with mine!

Varangian, jwc007, bre346 and 2 others like this.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Links