Thread: G2 review

Member #
    Liked
    27 times

G2 review

Just thought everyone might want to know that Combat Handguns magazine did a review this month on the 24/7 g2 9mm this month. According to the article they gave it a good review all but the rough trigger feel.
    God bless the NRA. ‘‘Four out of five politicians surveyed prefer unarmed, ignorant peasants.’’

‘‘To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.
    — Richard Henry Lee, 1787

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    109 times
    Thanks! I will check it out.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    18466 times
    Thanks for the "head's up"!

In Memory of Erv Bobo, Supporting Moderator

(Lance0812)
    September 23, 2014

Member #
    Liked
    952 times
    Yeah read it today good to see Taurus in a gun book other than the judge or public defender.
    "There is never a reason we are to sacrifice liberty for safety." Ron Paul 2012

I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution
    of the United States of America against all enemies, both foreign and domestic ...

If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.
    I may be killed with my own gun but he will have to beat me to death with it because it will be empty.

Member of Minutemen's Association of America
    Member of the NRA

Member #
    Liked
    1956 times
    What does NYPD think of his G2?
    Ancient Airman, WWII, Korea
    PT-111 Mil PRO - Evita,
    24/7 PRO DS - Sweetie,
    24/7 PRO C DS - Maxine,
    S&W 60-4 - The Old Man
    PT 1911 - Gilda, the Golden Girl,
    NRA

"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
    - George Washington

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Read this to brightin up your day. Got this off the Combat Handguns website. Here is the link.

Combat Handguns Subscription [Magazine-Agent.com]

"First let me say I enjoy this magazine for the most part. I have, however, passed on this month's issue due to the cover article. Essentially, another test of a Taurus handgun with, I am certain, glowing accolades. My concern is that we in the public read these reviews and some take them as gospel. I must admit, I did for the first few months.I guess my complaint is the your writers have no credibility- they never met a handgun they didn't like. The feature on another Taurus was just too much. I have first hand experience with this manufacturer and if your writers did their work there is no way they could recommend such junk. Other than this, great read!"

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    10544 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner21g View Post
    Read this to brightin up your day. Got this off the Combat Handguns website. Here is the link.

Combat Handguns Subscription [Magazine-Agent.com]

"First let me say I enjoy this magazine for the most part. I have, however, passed on this month's issue due to the cover article. Essentially, another test of a Taurus handgun with, I am certain, glowing accolades. My concern is that we in the public read these reviews and some take them as gospel. I must admit, I did for the first few months.I guess my complaint is the your writers have no credibility- they never met a handgun they didn't like. The feature on another Taurus was just too much. I have first hand experience with this manufacturer and if your writers did their work there is no way they could recommend such junk. Other than this, great read!"

Not sure what your point is here. We're all aware that Taurus is bashed incessantly amongst the elitists out there. Are you just trying to present the other views, or do you have first hand experience that would make you believe this review?
    You all may go to hell, and I will go to Texas - Davy Crockett

"Beware the fury of a patient man." - John Dryden

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA member and proud Texas CHL holder

Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    I would say considering that comment was posted back in 2009 there isn't much relevance to this issue. Everyone has their own opinion and thats great. I really dont care if they like every pistol they put their hands on as long as they give me an objective opinion on the pros and cons of it. If I remember correctly the Glock line was just a passing fad and the plastic guns were going no where. Well where they now in Gen4 production.
    God bless the NRA. ‘‘Four out of five politicians surveyed prefer unarmed, ignorant peasants.’’

‘‘To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.
    — Richard Henry Lee, 1787

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    10544 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Thump186 View Post
    If I remember correctly the Glock line was just a passing fad and the plastic guns were going no where. Well where they now in Gen4 production.
    Yes, I remember that too, as well as the 'fact' that they would go through an airport metal detector without setting it off.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion, but I sure wish that the people that just dismiss Taurus summarily would take a chill pill and calm down. And I'm sure the G2 will be a fine gun, once the bugs are worked out.
    You all may go to hell, and I will go to Texas - Davy Crockett

"Beware the fury of a patient man." - John Dryden

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA member and proud Texas CHL holder

Links