Taurus Firearm Forum banner

new 24/7 9mm Mags -- Don't release cleanly and slightly different shape

894 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  BigJon 
#1 ·
I just acquired some new 24/7 9mm (17rd) mags from CDNN. Too bad they don't have the spacers to make them fit the compact 9mm, but oh well.

Anyway, I noticed right away that they fit a bit tighter and did not drop free. Furthermore, a close inspection shows that the "round" part (the front) of the mag is less round - more square - than than 13 and 17 rd mags that came with the pistol. Should I send them in? Has anybody else encountered this?

#2 ·
What color is the Magazine Follower on your newer Magazines? Seems they change the Color of the Magazine Followers between Generations for some reason.

All of my older 9mm 24/7 Magazines have the Black Followers. I do have one very recent newer 9mm 24/7 Magazine that has a Yellow Follower. It fits, feeds, and drops free just fine, but I did notice it fit a bit tighter.

#3 ·
All of the mags I have -- the ones that came with the pistol and the ones I've acquired from CDNN -- had yellow followers. However, the "roundness" of the magazine, especially near the top by the magazine "lips", is much less round in the new (from CDNN) mags. Indeed, one of the followers /almost/ pops out of it, and one is worse than the other.

I haven't had a chance to try them out yet, but one of the new mags will *not* drop free at all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.